main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Darth_Harmon, after thinking about it, i believe you are completely right on the harsh transition between a completed scene and incomplete scenes in whatever form they are. I think if they have completed clips for episodes that aren't finished, they should just separate those out and let us view them as stand-alone clips. Then take the whole unfinished episode and play it out in one distinct style-- maybe motion comic or artwork synced to the voice work and music-- and let us view the whole episode in that form.

2. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I wait this arc me too, it is an arc that I was waiting for, we need to get it.

3. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    http://starwarsblog.starwars.com/index.php/2013/07/27/swce-2013-friday/

I'm surprised no one noticed this. I suspect some of the things seen in this report here are inaccurate, but nonetheless I wish to point out what we've got on hand.

This article bluntly states that Filoni still wants the episodes on TV, he just hasn't secured a solid airing for them yet, and it's still at least a possibility.

Ani501st likes this.
  4. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    HOLY ****!!!!!!!! WE'RE GETTING WOOKIEES!!!!!!!!!!

"Mr. Filoni also confirmed bonus arcs with Plo Koon (and Sifo-Dyas), one with Yoda and also one taking place on Kashyyyk."

[​IMG]

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Oh boy.... don't freak out guys. OK, this blog post by a guest writer is inaccurate. We have numerous other reports and even video of the Q&A from that panel that contradict this. Watch to the end of this video for the recorded Q&A, the beginning also contains photos and info from the panel:

The Kashyyyk stuff was shown only in art form as something they didn't get to complete. They never said they wouldn't ever finish it, but they didn't confirm it as a completed arc either. The TV thing is completely inaccurate as Pablo has reiterated a couple times that they are looking for creative distribution channels outside the norm.

6. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Outside the norm could include TV. And considering how tight-lipped Filoni usually is, the fact that they mentioned the arc at all is something. I hope they show us the work on that arc, no matter the degree of completion. I enjoy studying concept work. And...maybe, just maybe...Filoni told the audience, so his bosses would see how much fans want to see those stories come to completion.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    I like the glint of hope and optimism, I'm with you there that we may some day see that arc completed in some form. I'm just setting expectations that it's definitely far from a sure thing at this point based on the info we got at Celebration. Broadcast on TV could change I suppose, but don't get your heart set on it.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I think that the writer is wrong... TBH. Since all other reports have said otherwise, I think this writer got their facts mixed up... I'm pretty sure if it had been confirmed that we were getting a Wookie arc we'd have been freaking out about it since Celebration...

9. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I too would love to see some sort of "conclusion arc" to the series, and what better way to do that than to show a more personal adventure between Obi-Wan and Anakin to better establish their friendship and bond leading into RotS? In fact, if this arc is part of the finished or unfinished content, I wonder if it's meant to take place during the Outer Rim Sieges. That would make sense since by then I would expect the war to be winding down to the final months before RotS. Also, I wonder if Master Oppo Rancisis will show up in the bonus content? They did make a sculpt of his head after all:
    [​IMG]

10. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

I think the point Watto's trying to make to you is, optimism aside, this is pretty much outright untrue; unfortunately there are multiple accounts of the actual wording Filoni used, and "the fact that they mentioned the arc at all" isn't something when you consider that he mentioned it under the specific list of "things that were planned but can't be completed."

11. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    [​IMG]
    Darn it, Veekhoven. You and your lies...

12. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So much to cover during my time at work... hmm... where to start...

"The Untold Adventures" - that is a good name for the content.

I think I heard that we were going to get Wookiees in a future arc, but all we will ever see is the clip you guys mention. Then again... we were only shown a cinematic or something of "Massacre" at one of the conventions before Season Four, but we got the episode eventually. I am not sure if that will apply here.

I hope Oppo does not fall in the "meant to be made, but never finished" arc category.
    OPPO has to appear!

In the end, is the Plo clip part or is it not part of the Yoda arc!?

Ani501st likes this.
  13. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
  14. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I think we need a list of what is confirmed so far so people don't get confused... followed by a list of possibilities :p

Yeah I spend far too much time here at the moment which might be why I'm posting a lot... I'm on my summer break from university even though I have a ton of work to get done (which I am working on) lol. Knowing my luck the bonus content announcement/arcs will come out when I cannot afford to be distracted from uni work!

15. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    The bonus content facts thread and the bonus content speculation thread??

Hopefully there will be an announcement on the content before we need to resort to that! [face_praying]

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  16. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Well I thought a pinned/closed bonus content facts thread and only edited when there is more official news. Even though we don't have official confirmation we do have 'facts'.

And then have this one to basically discuss everything in :p

I'm somehow thinking Sept/Oct for an announcement... to coincide with the release of S5 on DVD/blu-ray... with the content being released or rolled out from Jan next year... Leading up to Rebels...

17. cwustudent

Apr 25, 2011
    Boy, if that article confused me, I'm probably not the only person, just the most vocal. ;) I checked the date on that OS article. That writer, Veekhoven, probably mistook the discussion about the Wookiee arc as confirmation. One would hope that the OS would have the most accurate information posted, but that was a lot of info to process. No Wookiees, got it.
    Smart idea. I noticed infrequent users have been dropping by to ask, "So what's the status on the bonus content?" lately.

18. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    I thought that Christian Taylor wrote the Yoda arc? Did Matt write the Bounty Hunter arc? The other writer I know is Katie Lucas on Order 66.

19. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Unless the Wookies homeworld is visited in an arc that is going to be released but I think its likely the contributer just got their wires crossed.

That's what I thought too which is why I suggested it.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Matt wrote the Bounty hunter arc but he would know what clips are from each arc I believe because don't they sit down and plan which stories they want to write for the season? I'd assume he'd have a pretty good guess through that.

20. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You guys are right, I got confused on Matt's involvement since he was the one who confirmed on Twitter that the Plo Koon, Sifo Dyas, and Yoda material were all in the same arc. He did say that Christian Taylor wrote that one.

Matt did confirm also that he wrote the Bounty Hunters arc, and that "some fates would be revealed in truly epic fashion." He didn't know when or if we'd get to see it.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I'd have hoped that this kind of thing would go without saying, but, well, considering human nature (and knowing how some fans are)... [face_whistling]

Anyway, allow me to add my name to the steadily growing list of 'fansumers' and state that I've no interest at all in the distribution method for TCW bonus content being considered 'innovative,' and from what little they're telling us, I guess I just fail to understand where the big confusion stems from over at Disney/Lucasfilm.

Personally speaking, I like to think I'm fairly easy to please, and my overriding desire is for a regular ol' blu ray release, plain and simple. As with any audio/visual product, I ask only for a physical product, with HD content, which I can play back at my leisure here at home, and I'll admit that the talk of VOD and apps, with no mention made, whatsoever, of any physical product, leaves me feeling a bit uneasy.

You want to put out an app, Lucasfilm? I don't see the need, but, well, that's cool, I guess. But please, if it's at all feasible (and I fail to see why, exactly, it mightn't be), please just make sure to also offer that blu ray package we're asking for, that we might place the very last of the TCW content side-by-side with the rest of our collections, where it rightly belongs.

22. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Just so you know the app thing is total speculation on my part based on the fact they keep stressing "innovate" and "different" - something along the lines of VOD would hardly be blazing any trails.

23. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I appreciate the clarification, but it's still a bit of a mystery to me why, after all this time, there's still no (publically acknowledged, anyway) decision as to how to move forward with releasing the bonus content.

And no, VOD wouldn't be anything new, of course, but it's still not what I, personally, hope to see end up as our only option.

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Who knows maybe the people that wrote to Lucasfilm about the cancellation made them rethink how much they were giving us and they are finishing more then they thought they would?

Perhaps those who really want a blu-ray release could do another writing campaign to ensure it gets a blu-ray release. I don't particularly want to watch TCW on my computer. I would much prefer a blu-ray release at some point. As long as that happens I'll happily pay to see the bonus content in whatever way they decide to distribute it first (providing of course they release it for everyone in the world and don't limit it to just the US) just as long its released later down the line on disc.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You never know. Maybe we should start a bonus content on blu-ray campaign. It would atleast be a fun distraction. I don't know how much stake I put in the idea TV is being considered for release of the Bonus Content. That would be ideal but hell, Adult Swim's Toonami sure isn't treating TCW the best. I had been looking forward to TCW getting a run on Toonami until their trailer here seemed to call the 'show' filler.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.