main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Finally, Aliens in the Empire Part 3? Handley and Peña are on a Roll!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Plaristes, Aug 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Suffering Sappho! that's true! I had never noticed the Rozzum were mentioned in that campaign guide. New edits for me, then. *Goes back to the Wook.*

Halagad_Ventor likes this.
  2. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    Be honest. The concept of a character from The Glove of Darth Vader fighting an entire army of Waru was inspired by the Lit thread. All we need now is a retcon making Panaka the Mayor of Sernpidal, Hissa wearing K'Kruhk's freakin' sweet hat and Cad Bane appearing in the midst of the battle, contradicting the EU, and we'll have every Lit inside joke crammed into one glorious article of epic proportions! :D

And speaking of glorious articles of epic proportion, does anyone know when Part 2 will get published?

3. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Sarcev Quest just got eighty-six and a half times more interesting. I want more on this guy pronto.

An article on the Emperor's inner circle -- or for that matter, the Palpatine administration of the Republic -- could be incredibly interesting.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    This. We've been dancing around the edges of the subject for years, from back in the WEG days. Not only those in his 'true' inner circle, but those others who Palpatine was using during his rise, including two Jedi (after the TT, we really didn't get a lot of feedback on the references to Jorus and Palpatine - Outbound Flight really dropped the ball on that one).

5. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Yeah, COD was actually way better about that than OF.

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Been sayin' it for years!

LoE was good at giving us a cavalcade of Palpatine's intimates late in his administration (save Dangor, for some reason!) but we never really get to see them exercising their roles for him, except for Pestage and Doriana in OBF, COD, or Evasive Action. For instance, we don't know if they were simply aides or if they had official ministerial titles in his administration, etc etc.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe writers like Luceno simply aren't interested in Dangor?

8. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Then they should get in the Dangor Zone.

9. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I only learned about Ars Dangor from Lit.

Jeff_Ferguson likes this.
  10. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I logged in just to say: :oops:

TC

11. HedecGa

HedecGa Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2006
  12. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    haha, that one reads like a love letter to Masters of Teras Kasi. Thok? Hoar? Lyn? All connected? Of course!

Maw and Gorc too, eh? Interesting.

More grand admirals too -- Zaarin's connection is known, Takel's "connections" are better left not discussed, and Declann gets namedropped too!

I'll just ignore the first couple of paragraphs and their treasonous commentary about Imperial culture... :p

13. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    I spy a Super Star Wars (by way of Adventure Journal) reference. We need more of those.

Also, we need a picture of the Twi'leks frolicking about in Takel's Grand Admiral uniforms. And Takel frolicking about in a Twi'lek dancer's uniform.

Halagad_Ventor and CeiranHarmony like this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    No. No we really don't.

15. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Damn you, Scumbo! Damn you!

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    ...There is a Star Destroyer named "Magic Dragon?"

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  17. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Halagad_Ventor and MercenaryAce like this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Grave tuskens!!! Masters of Teras Kasi!!!![:D]

Also... I wasn't aware Declann had a son. Interesting. Maybe that was mentioned somewhere once before and I'm just having a memory lapse.

Nice one.

19. Plaristes

Plaristes Jedi Master star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    A "Perfect Evil" reference! :eek::D[face_dancing]^:)^

Edit: Ulicus should love this. [face_mischief]

20. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    [face_laugh] This honestly might be one of the strangest things the EU has ever produced. It's great to see Masters of Teras Kasi expanded upon beyond Arden Lyn, and all the dots connected with the offworld Tuskans. The nod to the parallels between the Lyn-retconned events of TIE Fighter and Revenge of the Sith was much appreciated.

Dear goodness, though. Fire-belching Gammoreans...

TC

21. Havac

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh my god I scroll down and right there is a picture of MALCOR BRASHIN. I fell in love with this piece before I even read it.

So Sliven and Hoar both are retconned into Hett's tribe, A'sharad knows Teras Kasi and was Hoar's mentor, and we've got a Portuguese man o' war reference, a full Grave Tuskens explanation, MAW, and a compelling narrative for Hoar that leads into an ambiguous Perfect Evil reference (but also leaves the door open for Hoar to wind up with the One Sith).

Thok uses Pzob instead of Gamorr, we've got a link to Gorc (multiple members of the Seven Dark Jedi referenced PLUS a Force Commander reference? You know what I want, Abel), there's incredible interweaving into a ton of stories, SARISS (MORE SEVEN DARK JEDI!), there's a Cronal/Isard Intelligence status retcon/tweak worked into an image caption, there's a reference back to the Dark Forces Saga, Declann has a son who was involved in the Palpatine abduction along with Thok and oh cool Mara exposed Arden's treachery . . . and droid martial arts and belching contests are the frosting on top of that entry. Hilarious.

I loved this piece so much. Retcon-dense, funny, and I love the choice of subjects. I'm absolutely tickled. Bravo, Abel and Rich. Badass work.

22. TalonCard

Jan 31, 2001
    Somehow I missed the extent of the Perfect Evil reference...that was nicely done!

TC

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The comment about Arden Lyn "having fought on Tython during the earliest Jedi wars" is interesting given that Xendor's war with the Jedi was long after the Force Wars.

Maybe Xendor's, as the second great war, still counts as one of the earliest- and took in Typhon at some point?

CeiranHarmony likes this.
  24. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    No pic can be worse then the mental image we had when reading this...

25. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004

had to quote myself cause this computer does not let me edit posts... well...

PS: I imagine Takel now looking like a certain scotsman in ZARDOZ... and no I am not posting the picture again.

Rogue_Follower likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.