main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social So, how spoiler free will you be?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Legacy Jedi Endordude, Aug 15, 2013.

1. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Do it! DO IT NOW! Before their mouths open!

eht13 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  2. Sandtrooper92

Sandtrooper92 Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 31, 2013

The trailer is likely to show significant portions of the movie, imho.

Discuss. I'm not going to view the trailer.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thankfully my family and most of my friends hate Star Wars and don't really follow movie news so I think I can avoid being spoiled that way.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not too concerned about being spoiled by real-life friends, and other than my son, no one in my family has cared about Star Wars since 1999.

5. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm pretty sure I'm the only one among the people I know who actually actively follows this stuff. No danger of being spoiled, if I decide to go full on spoiler free, but on the other hand can't really indulge in real life detailed speculation with pints upon pints of beer :p

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Just the teaser trailer, I'm going spoiler free on everything else. I have several friends in real life that would probably divulge spoilers, so I'll be avoiding them once stuff starts coming out. :p

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011

Dude, welcome. I'm not sure I've ever seen you outside the TV forum. :)

8. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks! :) I've visited the PT forums a few times, but yeah I haven't really strayed from SWTV much..

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yeah, welcome to the E7 forums. :cool:

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. Sandtrooper92

Jul 31, 2013
    Are you all saying the teaser trailer will be different than the real trailer? Because I aint watching the latter.

Hellhammer willl you be in Anaheim in 2015 for the Star Wars Celebration? Because I may be up for pints and pints of beer.

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Teaser trailers come out first and are usually shorter and contain less detail than full trailers, if that's what you mean.

12. Sandtrooper92

Jul 31, 2013
    Well then I suppose if one of you who is trustworthy screens the teaser, then I'll watch it, but even then, it is doubtful.

13. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Not sure what we'd be "screening" it for, though. Even among the "no-spoilers" crowd, there are a lot of different levels of what is considered acceptable to the individual. Person A may be OK with knowing X and Y but not Z, while person B may only be OK with knowing X but nothing else.

14. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    I think we should have the people from 7SA grade the trailers on a scale of "spoiler-ness". Just mention if a certain trailer details or spoils any major or minor plot threads from the film. It's still a little risky, but it could help people who want to watch the trailers.

The Bops and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    That could work, but it all seems very subjective to me. Not only are spoilers different for everyone (as I described above), but then you've also got different interpretations of what may or may not be an obvious detail or spoiler of a plot thread. For example, there could be a single shot of a never-before-seen building on Yavin. One person may not read anything into that, while someone else may read a lot into it.

Note: Don't worry, that example is NOT based on any actual spoilers we've heard about. ;)

16. Sandtrooper92

Jul 31, 2013
    Your humor meter is a little off. I won't be asking you to screen a trailer. At least I don't think I will.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK... sorry if I missed a joke there.

18. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    My question as someone who is on the fence... Won't Celebration Anaheim be absolutely packed with spoilers everywhere you look? I accidentally learned new things at every pre-movie celebration in the past and I even went into them really spoiled. You would have to skip *a lot* of the panels and even wandering around the show floor would be tricky, I would think.

I'm definitely going to Celebration and I'm rooming with some friends that are going full-on spoiler. Part of me thinks I should just give in once the information starts flowing. ;)

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, I was wondering that about the Celebration as well.

20. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It's going to be hard to stay spoiler free but I'm going to do the best that I can. The biggest offender is going to be IGN.

21. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I went into Episode III with only trailers and what I found out reading the ROTS NSA forum here. I enjoyed the movie a whole lot more than the previous two, because I really didn't know what was going to happen next (besides the obvious Vader appearance!)
    So...Trailers and what people post here in this forum only. For me, "...it is the only way."

22. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Unfortunately no, since that is literally on the other side of the world for me, heh. I would enjoy getting to US sometime and if it comes at the time of a SW event, even better. If there's beer involved with fellow fans, even even better :p

23. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    With the lack of any real news, I feel that it is safe to say that many of us will all be spoiler free... until they (LucasFilm/Disney) give us some news. :oops:

24. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Yeah I don't anticipate much in the way of real spoilers until filming actually begins. But since JJ Abrams is at the helm, I'm also anticipating that this production is going to be locked up tighter than Fort Knox. I'll just be a bit more careful when the time comes, and as in the past, this forum has helped me dodge oodles of spoilers in the past.

25. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    Cryogenics.