main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Droids/Ewoks TV series DVDs?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by jacktherack, Aug 30, 2013.

1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    Do you think they will ever release the full series of droids/ewoks on dvd? why or why not?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Narutakikun

Narutakikun Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    We'll see those (and the Holiday Special) before we see Detours.

3. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Maybe now that Disney owns it, yeah. But I wouldn't count on seeing the original unedited versions again. The last Droids release was a combination of one of the arcs (I forget which) and it was edited with new music and missing the opening title sequences.

4. StarWarsZombie

StarWarsZombie Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2013
    I would love to see these on DVD.

5. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Me too. As an interim solution, "Droids" is on Youtube, if you're interested.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  6. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Nah. Blu ray.

7. Apophis_

Apophis_ Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I think we got info during Celebration VI that Ewoks and Droids could appear on StarWars.com (or official youtube channel), but few months after this statement Disney bought everything so this could be delayed or even abandoned since they are now focused on Rebels and Episode VII. But they wanted to do "something" with those shows so who knows...

8. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    An edited re-post I made on the other Ewoks/Droids thread:

I'm not sure why Lflm./Disney isn't releasing the Droids/Ewoks cartoons; they know the shows are popular enough, and SW has a built-in fanbase - so, even if someone weren't familiar with the cartoons, they may check them out just because of curiosity. These shows are 28 years old this year, and we still haven't seen a good DVD/Blu-ray release....

At the SW celebration in August 2012, IIRC it was announced that the cartoons would be available for viewing on the official SW website in Fall 2012 (presumably they were going to be cleaned up/remastered). However, it's a year later and still no news. If they don't think DVD's of the cartoons will sell well enough to justify making them, why not go forward with their announced plan of making them available on the website? It would be nice to see the cartoons in this way (especially if the picture quality is good), since every other format they're available in now is sub-par.

As was mentioned, it's probable that with the Disney sale & the EP VII annoucement, they have their hands full. However, how tough would it be to take some time, clean up the cartoons, and make them officially available for streaming? If they were available for free, it would be a nice gesture to fans who have been wanting to see the shows in a good format for years.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    nothing like bs news. nothing new

10. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I really hope we get these one day.

11. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    They could release them like they've done with Goof Troop and the later Disney Afternoon DVDs, where they're Disney Store and Disney Movie Club exclusive releases. Just bare bones all the episodes in a 3-5 disc collection. Or release them on Netflix like many other 80's cartoons.

12. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
    I was just watching Avatar again and remembered how when I first saw it I was reminded of Ewoks. The whole plot is very similar to the Ewoks Episode The Tree of Light with floating Trees and Avatar had the Tree of Soul where as Ewoks had the Tree of light, which was very similar in the plot. Ewoks also had soul trees in other episodes, anyone else notice this, the episode was always one of the ones that I had the hardest time imagining as part of the true star wars universe but having seen Avatar it makes it easier to imagine a live action version of the floating trees and makes them seem less silly.

I also always thought Tree Goats were pretty silly until I googled that and found out that Morocco Tree Goats are a true thing!

13. Weechee

Weechee Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 12, 2013
  14. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I hope we get to see DVDs of the complete Droids and Ewoks TV series. Hopefully unedited. I'm doubtful that they will release the full seasons, though.

15. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I wouldn't even buy Droids/Ewoks on Blu Ray.

16. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I loved Droids. Whatever happened to Nelvana?

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, man, different strokes, and such, but I'd be all over a blu ray release of Droids.

Ewoks, I'd happily pick up for my daughter and I to enjoy together.

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  18. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    I doubt its likely to see a release (Disney hasn't even put all of its movies on DVD yet), but it would be nice. You could probably collect all of the episodes in a single 5-disk set.

Of course, if you want to see them, there are ways to get them pretty easily. Yaarrrrr.

19. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    It's just a matter of when.

20. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    My wife got me the 2004 DVD release of Droids and Ewoks for Christmas. Not either series in their entirety but the best you can get right now on disc form. God bless a woman who understands this man!

Ewok Poet and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  21. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Those sets are better than nothing, but they unfortunately don't include the original music for either show....

22. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I've owned those two since 2004/2005 and it is the next best thing. It would be nice to see both complete series (intact with their original music, intros and endings) on DVD & BD; I guess there is a possibility they might pop out around the release of Episode VII and the following SW movie projects.

23. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Agreed. I purchased both as well and love them (it's a fun trip down memory lane for me) but I wish they would have released both series in their entirety. I'm still holding out hope that they eventually will.

24. Blur

Aug 11, 1999
    Extremely disappointed that the excellent Ewoks & Droids cartoons from the '80's still aren't available on home video yet (not counting the sub-par, minimal, and heavily edited 2004 DVD releases).

I would like to see both series released on DVD and/or Blu-ray. The debut of both shows was originally in Fall 1985, so a 30th anniversary release this year would be very appropriate and great to see, especially with Episode VII coming out this December....

However, now that these shows aren't "canon" anymore, Disney/Lflm. may not want to touch these....

25. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    I feel these are doomed to the same fate at GT's Clone Wars. They deserve recognition but are a victim of the new canon. I'm sure we'll see nods to this, (already have actually with the inclusion of Screed in Tarkin) ;)