main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tshirt Run! - Ordering now Closed! Thanks for your orders and payment.

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by FanForced, Sep 21, 2013.

1. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Let's talk design and production here. We've got money in the treasury and it's burning a hole in my pocket.

catz44 likes this.
  2. catz44

catz44 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Would this an existing line or a new shirt?

3. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Existing, most likely -- our art monkey is kind of unavailable right now. At the meeting we talked about our logo being one good option, but we wanted to open it up to other ideas.

4. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
    We talked about doing a very similar t-shirt to the black ones with the RMFF logo on the front and the X-Wing on the back with text. The new ones would also have the RMFF logo on the front, but perhaps with something different on the back, to distinguish it from previous t-shirts. Or we don't have to put anything on the back at all.

I think a shirt with the RMFF logo on the front and the text "Star Wars is forever" in the SW crawl font would be cool. Other suggestions and thoughts?

We're open to having this shirt made by a local company. Does anybody have a suggested company that they've worked with in the past? thebreadnappa recommended IndyInk (http://www.indyink.com/print-services/).

nnaydolem likes this.
  5. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    Sound good!
    Can you find out if they have ladies cut shirts and what sizes? Also do they make kids or toddler shirts ?

6. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Your usual questions. ;)
    I'm sure they do, it just depends on the cost of making just a few of these and if you're willing to bear that cost. I'd be happy to get quotes and let everybody know.

7. catz44

Jul 25, 2004
    I might bear the cost but it depends on the cost. ;p

8. LadyoftheMandalore

LadyoftheMandalore Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    I know I've been really quiet recently, but I'd totally be down for a t-shirt. Also, if you need someone who knows their way around Illustrator while the resident artist is out, I can do some basic modifications if need be. I'm nowhere near as talented, but I can do a few things :)

I'm also in Virginia now, but my heart is with the RMFF - I'll pay for shipping if someone is willing to ship it to me.

catz44 and SITH__CHICK like this.
  9. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    [face_monkey]

I don't have any objections to simple designs if that is what You are wanting to do. I love doing the highly involved art but you know that takes me considerable time. If you want to go with a different designer, all I ask is that the logo be somewhere in the design. my 2 cents. [face_peace]

10. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    JT... Grim... there is no way you can sneak a T-Shirt Thread past my eyes. [face_devil]

11. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  12. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Now we know how to get the Dude's attention! Yeah, man, it will have your logo on the front with something fresh, perhaps just text, on the back. We'll see...unless you want to whip up something quick and simple for the back... People at the meeting were enthusiastic about having a new shirt, so who are we to deny the masses?

13. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I'll buy 2 or 7, would love color options. I know the crazier we get the price goes up, but...

14. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I do not think i want anything other than an Art Monkey designed shirt!!!!!! [face_monkey]

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  15. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Awwwwwwwwwww Nnay.:*

nnaydolem likes this.
  16. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Why don't You guys consider a 2 or 3 color design to keep cost down and perhaps, based on whatever design you go with, the reduction of the art for KIDS sizes can stay relatively low. I can't imagine there not being some cost for two different sizings but you may not. [face_dunno] ... but I think the kids shirts should be limited to a front design only, again cuz cost of more than one location.

Design points of Interest:
    LOGO(mandatory)
    X-Wing? (considering the RMFF takes care of Her.)
    I like JT's idea of "Star Wars is Forever"
    a couple Main Characters? let's stay limited. ;)
    Our tag line of course.
    Any other thoughts?...
    [face_monkey]

17. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    My votes...R2 and Han...

I KNOW you are so shocked!!!![face_hypnotized]

gra-co_o_hun likes this.
  18. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    R2 Yes!
    Han? :rolleyes:

;)

No... I am NOT shocked Nnay.

19. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    gra-co_o_hun are you willing to do a design for the back?

20. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Yes JT, I am and I assumed that I would per your previous posts. [face_monkey]

... and I am looking for a little more feedback on my questions... EVERYBODY! [face_waiting][face_batting]

catz44 likes this.
  21. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    What if we did the logo on the front with the text "A Force to Be Reckoned With" below it. On the back, the text "Star Wars is Forever" above a stylized X-Wing with Luke leaning on R2 next to it with text like "See a life size X-Wing at Wings Over the Rockies museum in Denver." below it.

Or we can just do our logo and tagline on the front and leave the back empty. Perhaps focus on the style of the t-shirt instead. Maybe a shirt that is "heathered" or distressed or more wicking than regular cotton...that would be nice at conventions and special events. Or something in a sporty-style, i.e....
    [​IMG]

22. JawaJaka

JawaJaka Jedi Knight star 2

May 24, 2011
    Of course there has to be an R2 on it!! I'd buy a shirt for R2-AL if there was! (in XXXXXXXL of course). LOL

I say let's not get too crazy with the art work. I'm eager for something simple with just the logo on the front and very simple art on the back (R2 of course). I'm not really into heavy artwork with every character, so pick one character and go with it. Or just have the X-wing on the back and be done with it. No tag lines or mottos. Keeps it simple and cheap for everybody. If you do that then people who don't know our logo will stop and talk to us about who we are. That's how you recruit, by the way.

(And yeah, I do have a graphic design degree, too).

Also, just a thought, but with CVII coming up sooner than we think, maybe we can add something to the back for CVII shirts later on. Same shirt with a little different artwork on the back to show CVII (tweek the R2 or X-wing or whatever for CVII). So, not only do we have to think about this run, but how to have the same low costs for the CVII shirts as well. Low cost is the key here (I can't afford any more $20 t-shirts at the moment).

23. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    For a cotton t, I prefer design on the front and nothing (or just text) on the back. For a fancy shirt like the wicking one above, then just the logo on the front and whatever on the back.

24. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I like the heather shirt JT. We use them a lot at KJM and they are quite popular... and also a little more expensive. I think there is an acceptable level of cost that needs to be associated with quality. Cheap can also mean poor print quality and fading ink or even chipping off. Ray will always offer you a good deal and for those that know, how many of the shirts we made have faded or chipped? I prefer for my garments to stand the test of time. The orange on my Rouge Squadron shirt is as bright as the day I printed that! 8/06 :D

Wherever you decide to print the shirts... know that higher end garments will be more expensive if that's the way you want to go.

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  25. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    side note...

I have plans for a CVII shirt but low cost will not be associated with it. Save Up! :)