main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Jsut watched Ep 4.

Son, I am Dissappoint. :( I was really hoping they wouldn't go with that much predicatability.

2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    But it's only Episode 4, we're not even supposed to be close to finishing this story... I don't think it was mean to be a twist to the audience.

And boy, Bolin's story just took an interesting turn, scary image at the end! Could it be Azula-in-reverse?

Overall, a good episode! Glad they didn't drag out some events longer than they needed to be.

Really like the moment between Bumi and "Aang."

3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Royalty in the avatarverse should never have two kids.

The second one will invariably be evil and try to banish the more noble elder sibling.

4. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Yeah, it's "predictable" but I don't think it's bad by any stretch. My guess is that this was just the set up (in more ways than one, apparently :p ).

So, from what it appears Unalaq is the jealous younger brother with a well-intentioned extremist angle (assuming he isn't controlling the Dark Spirits, which I doubt).

As soon as Tenzin found Ikki I sort of figured it would turn into a "Yeah, siblings are a pain, but you still love them," story. Best part though was Bumi in the statue room talking to Aang's statue. Yeah, not being an airbender, or any bender for that matter, seems to have gotten to him to a greater or lesser extent. Now that we got that out of the way, maybe we'll get back to Jinora and what was up with her and the statue room?

I also got a chuckle (because I'm sick and twisted like this) that Korra pretty much, in no uncertain terms, threatened someone with death (one of them by becoming Naga's mid-day snack). It was one of those moments when I had to look over at my brother and go "You know, FOR KIDS!":p

Anyway, can't wait to see where all this goes.

Hell hath no fury indeed.

And thanks to the power of Tumblr, that is already in .gif form:
    [​IMG]

Good luck getting to sleep tonight Bolin (or anyone else for that matter...).

5. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Thank goodness I clicked that spoiler tag. lol. My DVR cut off just before this.

6. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Predictable? I'm not sure what you were hoping for then. What would you have rather happened instead?

Darth Xalfrea likes this.
  7. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Just shut up. Everyone. Not a word.

Lord Vivec and VanishingReality like this.
  8. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Huh, Unalaq makes Tarrlok from season 1 look like a saint almost. Even if he has a "just" goal, which is in serious doubt as almost everything he's told Korra is a lie, yeah, this isn't going to end well. I liked that Tonraq stayed calm the whole time- while he was tricked, he did originally order an attack on sacred ground, but now he did his best to avoid a civil war, partially because the south would lose, and partially to keep things reasonable. Just now they have confirmation that they're dealing with someone that ruthless, there goes any hope of a peaceful resolution. So what exactly did Korra do for him by opening that portal, I wonder.

Now Commander Shepard, er, Korra :)p) must go get help. Just hope when the United Forces show up, they're not beaten up as badly as last season. Really cool stunt with Korra and Mako as rockets for that plane. Although I half expect aircraft carriers and seaplanes by the end of this season at this rate. Varrick's so wacky (and just how much space is in that platypus-bear?).

Just wish Bolin was doing more, we haven't even seen him earthbend outside of creating steps last episode. And uh-oh, that's a terrifying sight. Good thing Varrick's good at running away. That and a good thing the northern army isn't as fast as Eska.

The Tenzin scenes were sweet once they all cooled down a bit. Too bad it sounds like their family wasn't perfect, but at least they're not normally that tense. And always nice to see the Gaang as adults. Loved that scene with Bumi and his father's statue. Now if only they could go back to that other plotline. And aw, look at all the adorable air bison.

A civil war isn't good for anyone, but wonder how long until the spirits angle pops up again. Too bad sounds like Korra already played her role in Unalaq's plan. How ironic that Tonraq was exiled from the north and probably was going to settle down and have a quiet life in the south, then their daughter propels them back into national attention. Though so far Unalaq's mask hasn't broken so hard to tell what he's really thinking about anything. Not surprised at the whole show trial as an attempt at PR.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't worry. I know how devastated you were when you saw Episode III and finally realized Palpatine and Sidious were the same person.

10. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    I want a baby sky bison.

Also, yay more Asami.

That is all. Return to your homes.

11. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    There was so much squealing from me and my roommate. Baby sky bison, and Aang family photo.

Bumi talking to Aang's statue... omg the feels.

I love Varrick. He is just amazing.

And I did a victory punch that Korra now has to go get help from General Sexy.

I still want to know WHERE IS KATARA AND WHY IS SHE LETTING ALL OF THIS HAPPEN.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    [​IMG]

cdgodin and Darth Xalfrea like this.
  13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    As soon as I heard the word "United Forces" I knew you would be thrilled. I could hear your excitement from across the country :p

14. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I think I'll let Eska make my reply.

15. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    lol, and you call Jinora a bully?

16. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Ha, I liked the ending with PO'd Eska. One of the few good parts of this episode.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm HOPING Eska will get some character development.

18. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    LOVED this episode. It hit all the right notes for me. Good action, good character bits, good humor, good animation.

Seeing things unravel so quickly is interesting. Looks like that means we have our plot of this season: Water Tribe civil war, with a touch of spirits thrown in. Unalaq being revealed quickly also was a surprise, but then that means we have so much more to look forward to. For Korra's character, the one thing that people love to nitpick, she definitely was great here. She was rash sure, but her rashness led to all the plot revelations. Compare to the past when her rashness would lead to one or more bad situations.

It was nice to see Asami in action again and use the Equalist glove. Also in that she's the techie girl and piloting the plane. For our B-plot, it's the sibling story, as Ikki has ran away because she was hurt by Jinora and Meelo. Lawd, so many happy feels with all the young Sky Bison, it reminds me so much of Appa's Lost Days. Nice to see the Kataang siblings make amends, and heartwarming to see that picture.

Varrick, his assistant, Bolin and Eska definitely stole the show. "THAT PLATYPUS BEAR IS POOPING MONEY!" The last shot was also hilariously creepy.
    Looks like the prediction I made regarding President Raiko and RC is true. Now to see how things where things go and what'll happen with this season. We're closer to seeing the ultimate goal of this season but we still don't know the full implications.

19. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I don't know what it is but to me this season is going down hill fast. It seems like this time around the creators are trying way to hard with the writing, dialogue, plot development, everything. 4 episodes and we've almost completely forgotten about the Spirits, The whole frakking reason this season was made!!!!!! Everything seems so choppy and forced out. What happened to it coming out natural?!? I don't mind the predictability part as long as they keep it interesting in the process.

20. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Are you saying there's something unnatural about pooping money??

21. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

What a way to forget that the season is still going and that we don't even know if we've abandoned Spirits yet. Last I checked, we still have 10 episodes, and this wasn't the finale.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  22. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Definitely still time for more spirit stuff, but it has been pretty neglected since the premiere eps.

23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    The question now is why does Unalaq no longer need korra for the north portal.

24. JM_1977

JM_1977 Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 23, 2011
    I really don't know how to respond to this :p

Last time I checked I was just stating my opinion and what I thought up to this point ;)

25. Darth Xalfrea

Jan 2, 2013
    Opinions are fine and everything...as long as they're properly explained and backed up. And I'm sorry, but the way you worded your post it's as if you're letting the season fail you.

And frankly I wonder if some people are out there just causing trouble for the sake of it. Some people have started ragging on the animation because people are not BLINKING. Really, people? Are you so desperate to start falling to Sonic-fandom levels of criticism?

But in true Avatar fashion, some things may come back better than ever and given a proper reason why it was neglected.