main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Sable_Hart

Sable_Hart Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2009
    ...Nerd rage is... Swelling...

Ok. What about the episode commentaries? Identical to what we were given on the website?

2. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

I believe so. I never really watched the commentaries on the website so they were all new to me, but just looking on the website, the titles seem to match up with the ones on the blu-ray. Certainly the one associated with Bound for Rescue was all about Grievous and the one on starwars.com is as well, so my conclusion is they are the same. But I can double check for you?

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  3. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    hlc88

That would be appreciated. I am amazed that this release is so gloriously half-assed.

TheMDOSS1313 likes this.
  4. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998

Not surprising at all given Disney's treatment of The Clone Wars.

podjazd and Ani501st like this.
  5. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

They are the same. Just checked two different commentaries on disc 1, and they match with the ones on starwars.com. :)

Perhaps they are saving a lot of stuff for the bonus content set if they release one?

Not Disney's fault as people believed. Other things conspired against them continuing the show. If you saw any of my posts from about a month ago on the subject in the bonus content thread then that may help.

6. Sable_Hart

Nov 28, 2009
    Unbelievable...

Thanks anyway, hlc88!

podjazd and SithStarSlayer like this.
  7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    This article contains the deleted scene with Ahsoka leaving the Order, which as hlc88 said in this post earlier, was supposed to originally take place outside the Jedi Temple

It's not all that different, but Ahsoka does say this: "They should never have told me to leave", before rejecting Anakin's offer and departing down the Temple steps. This gives a more overt take on Ahsoka's thought process for leaving the Jedi Order.

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  8. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    hlc88 thanks for sharing all the details about the S5 set! Some intriguing stuff in there for sure, especially the Revival stuff and I'm dying to see the scene where Obi-Wan borrows the Twilight from Anakin.

hlc88 likes this.
  9. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Just finished watching the Maul arc. Eminence has the added shot of the heads missing from Black Sun, and Shades of Reason I cannot figure out what they added in as it all seems to run just after 22 mins. So someone else will have to see on that one. Whatever changes they made are very minor.

It does make it quite sad that the deleted scenes for Revival and The Lawless couldn't have been finished and added.

There are a few deleted scenes from The Jedi Who Knew Too Much and The Wrong Jedi which would have been good to have been added into the episodes themselves too. Shame that they did not take the opportunity to do so.

Otherwise, the quality of the episodes in HD/blu-ray is just amazing. I will miss this show.

And I really hope that we got a blu-ray release for the bonus content, because they have more then enough material to warrant a set.

10. adamclark83

adamclark83 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2009
    Someone posted on the Amazon page for the complete set as the episodes only being 1.78:1.

11. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    It amuses me greatly that Amazon.co.uk have raised their price for the Season 5 blu-ray set by £10 in one day. Got mine for £25 - pre-order price guaranteed... so pleased I got in there early!!!

Also if you are in the UK, the complete seasons 1-5 boxset is not the version that the US are getting. UK version is just the standard boxset, different packaging and does not contain the art work.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lzFCIDK_d...Qc/pATZIWxxWZo/s1600/clonewarsboxset-0000.jpg

12. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Are there any easter eggs? I know clicking the logo in the upper left of the temple archives always has a hidden bonus.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm not buying this set but it popped up on my Amazon feed when I was looking for something else. I have to say that the Obi-Wan cover is sweet-looking.

14. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    Amazon always lists the show at this aspect ratio at first for some reason. Looks like they've corrected the first 4 seasons but season 5 still says this despite the back of the box clearly stating the full ratio. He likely just copy and pasted this from the original listing.

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

I will check that later, unless someone gets there before me. :)

What kind of hidden bonus do they usually have?

16. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Previous blu-rays had the process they went through to create an animation magazine cover, footage from recording sessions, little behind the scenes bits, trailers. Stuff like that.

17. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Can somebody tell me if the complete box discs have the same features as the Season 5 box/the other seasons, for that matter?

I only have 1 & 2 on DVD and I want them on bluray... trying to figure whether it's cheaper to snag 1, 2, and 5, or just get the box.

18. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    The discs should all be identical besides the artwork.

19. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Japanese unboxing of seasons 1-5:

Interesting that in Japan, the last disc is Hondo instead of Ahsoka.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  20. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I like the titanium, blue-grayish color in the background.

21. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

Thanks.

Just taken a look:

disc 1 - a drawing of Anakin and Ahsoka looking out a window by Dave Filoni which then transitions to night time with just Vader standing there and a shadow or memory of Ashoka by his side...

Disc 2 - a timeline of Ahsoka's time with the Jedi but it doesn't include all of her adventures with the Jedi.

22. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Walmart only had 2 more copies of this remaining on blu-ray and/or DVD.

Glad I picked it up my blu-ray company, hope a lot of people support this.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    What happens in them?

24. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Off the top of my head there is a scene with Anakin and Padme after Ahsoka has been imprisoned in TJWKTM, and there is Barriss (trying) to talking to Ahsoka in The Wrong Jedi before she goes to her trial, and a bit more to Ahsoka's trial as well. That's all I can recall without sticking the disc in and looking again.

25. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    When watching the Droid and Maul arcs on blu ray last night, I noticed the audio is not synced correctly, as if the audio is ever so slightly ahead of the video. It is especially noticeable when the characters are speaking. I checked it against the episodes I recorded off CN, and those are perfect. Anyone else notice this?