main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Complete Season Five DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Could it be an issue with your player?

2. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I noticed the audio seemed slightly behind the video when I watched the fugitive arc on my bedroom system, which hasn't been calibrated. I didn't notice anything in the theater which has been calibrated. Is your Blu ray player running straight to your TV, or is there a receiver/switch in between?

3. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

No didn't notice that. but it makes me want to watch the episodes again to make sure I haven't got the same issue :p

4. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013

I thought I was crazy, but I noticed it as well. Just a little bit off. Other than that, they looked and sounded fantastic. And hlc88, the director's cut difference in Shades of Reason is the shot of Pre Viszla's body lying on the floor right after Maul chops his head off.

hlc88 likes this.
  5. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    I watched the Onderon arc and noticed the exact same thing. It wasn't completely off but the lip synch didn't seem right.

6. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    Can I ask? What region are you guys in? 1 or 2? I'm in 2 and will check my copy again. If you are all noticing it why didn't I?

7. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    Region 1 here. It's not an in-your-face audio synch issue but I just happened to be looking at the characters lips and noticing they were just a tad behind the audio. Try and look at some dialog heavy scenes. I'll try and post a specific place to look.

8. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    There's definitely an issue. Does anyone have the Season 5 discs from the big box set? Perhaps they're printed properly. Something's wrong with the Season 5 discs I'm afraid. I've tried them going straight to the TV and through my receiver. The sync is off both ways. Once you notice it, you focus on it. What a shame.

9. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Region 1 here too. I'll check it again when I get home from work.

10. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    It's extremely unlikely that the discs are any different in the box set besides the artwork. There also wouldn't be bad "batches" of the disc. This is a problem that is inherent to the way the disc was authored and will therefore be present on all versions, at least on the US versions. It's possible that some other versions with different languages might be OK but it's likely they all came from the same source.

11. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Warner discs are Region Free, they just change the box and the writings on the disc but the discs are all the same.

12. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012
    I will report back later... but I'm sure I would have noticed it myself...

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The A/P scene definitely sounds like it has potential. It is a shame the episodes didn't include those scenes.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  14. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    It's great to hear that; then they didn't wimp out and did insert it (I recall previously reading somewhere on the board that the shot of Savage after the decapitation was the replacement shot; is that one gone now?)

15. hlc88

Sep 3, 2012

The Savage shot is still there. :)

In relation to the audio not being synced properly. No problems here. Just watched Revival, Shades of Reason, The Lawless and parts of The Jedi Who Knew Too Much and The Wrong Jedi and I could not see/hear anything wrong with the audio and syncing there. If it is present on my blu-ray set then its barely noticeable that its not going to take away from my enjoyment. But if other people here are noticing it then maybe I've just got lucky? :p

16. swcolts1277

swcolts1277 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 5, 2013
    I felt like it was in A Sunny Day in the Void, Missing in Action, and parts of the Maul arc.

17. Lordtyrannusaurus

Lordtyrannusaurus Jedi Padawan

Oct 16, 2013
    A great scene to see how the sync is off is in Lawless, as Maul holds Satine up in front of Obi-Wan. Nothing Obi says in that scene matches his lips. On my CN copy, it's perfect.

18. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Well, glad I didn't buy it

19. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    The worst scene on mine is the beginning of Sabatage.
    Warner and/or Amazon will replace them at no cost once the problem is fixed. Blu ray and DVD glitches aren't uncommon.

20. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    For some people the problem is not there when they use their PS3 to watch it ;)

21. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Only if you have a PS3 to begin with ;)

22. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Still see the delay on my PS3. ;)

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Sep 3, 2012
    Then you need a new PS3 and a new copy ;)

24. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Sorry to hear that. For the moment I don't have other solutions ^^.
    The best would be to contact Warner and the seller and to explain them your problem.

25. DarthMarino

Jul 18, 2002
    I guess I was assuming that everyone was watching the Blu-Ray. We should probably start specifying. Is anyone experiencing the audio sync issues watching on a regular DVD?