main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Fanfiction Clue! ~And the winner is...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Okay, I posted my second guess Here

2. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
    Posted my third guess here. Thanks for reading!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hey all! Mav and I decided that with NaNoWriMo fast approaching and participation dwindling for this challenge, to let you know how we are going to end this and give a little input on when it should be.

If no one gets the correct fic by October 22nd, all normal stories will stop and you will all work on an "everything-including-the-kitchen-sink", which will be posted on October 29th.

Basically, what this "kitchen sink" story will be is a story that will include all the items in the lists that you want to guess (so you don't have tho include the things you know are not in the fic we want). Everyone will post it on the same day (if you are late, then you are just at an disadvantage) and the mass disprovals will start. Everyone will disprove as many items as they can on everyone else's 'kitchen sink' stories. Then the first person to PM us with the correct 3 items will win. But the catch is, you have to disprove 2 other fics before you can send us your guess.

Then the winner will have to write and post the story we requested in order to get their colors

There also may be a prize (of colors for a short period) for the best/most creative "kitchen sink" post.

If people want to do this sooner, we are open to suggestions on dates. But if you want to keep going until the end of October, say so.

If there are any questions, let us know.

5. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Sorry for the late guess..... You can find my third guess here.

That's probably a good idea. I was planning to participate in this year's NaNoWiMo again, even though November is usually the worst month at university.....
    Personally, I don't think I will need an entire week for the "kitchen sink" story, but then again, I write fairly fast once I have an idea.

Let's try to write the right story before the 22nd, though!

Jabari likes this.
  6. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    I was planning on just adding any guesses to my total word count for NaNo, but this works too. :)

Also, my next guess is here. Thanks for reading!

7. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Woah, you are so fast!

8. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Here is my third guess.

9. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    One of my high school English teachers used to have us write short stories by picking items from a list like this. I guess I've had practice?

10. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My 4th guess is HERE

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  12. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    My 4th guess is up here.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
  14. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
  15. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Question: If I make a wrong guess to the Mods and get disqualified, will I still be allowed to disprove guesses?

Briannakin likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm going to say yes, just because so few people are disproving guesses.

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Earlybird and I both have (different) guesses up that haven't been disproved yet, but I think the people who have the clue cards to disprove our stories simply aren't reading/commenting anymore.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Yeah, that's a problem. Mav and I will talk and hopefully we will come up with a solution.

19. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    You know who has what, so if a person missed something maybe you can give them a nudge. I checked the stories and I don't think I can disprove any that are not already disproven by somebody else...but if I missed something please let me know.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Here's the solution Mav and I came up with (since we can't FORCE people to participate)

TO WHOEVER IS STILL ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN THE CLUE CHALLENGE: Because quite a few people have seemingly stopped participating, a few of the clues have 'slipped through the cracks'. To deal with this we are asking those who are still participating to PM mavjade and I with lists of clues YOU DO NOT HAVE YET (either originally or by disproval). We will see what clues have slipped and distribute them evenly.

Also. Since no one argued otherwise, if no one gets the right story by next Tuesday (oct. 22), we will go ahead with making you guys write the Kitchen Sink stories. We will remind you of what that is when the time comes (though the announcement post is only a few posts above).

We know that this hasn't been the... smoothest challenge ever for a couple reasons, but please stick with us until the end.

21. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    Yeah, sorry I've missed a bit. It's been a busy week, but I'm back now. I should have a new fic in a day or so.

This was a really great idea for a challenge, though. :)

22. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    We understand life gets a little busy (I'm the perfect example of this).

23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    For those still participating and responded to the last announcement, tomorrow we will send out some additional clues and then the kitchen sink story time will be on. We'll post again when those clues have been sent out.

24. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Announcement

Those who are still participating should have been sent their additional clues. It is now time to write the Kitchen Sink.

Your Kitchen Sink story is to be posted on October 29th.

Here is a reminder of how that goes:

Basically, what this "kitchen sink" story will be is a story that will include all the items in the lists that you want to guess (so you don't have tho include the things you know are not in the fic we want). Everyone will post it on the same day (if you are late, then you are just at an disadvantage) and the mass disprovals will start. Everyone will disprove as many items as they can on everyone else's 'kitchen sink' stories. Then the first person to PM us with the correct 3 items will win. But the catch is, you have to disprove another fic before you can send us your guess.

Then the winner will have to write and post the story we requested in order to get their colors

There also may be a prize (of colors for a short period) for the best/most creative "kitchen sink" post.

If there are any questions, let us know.​

25. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I have posted my kitchen sink story here. I stayed up until 2:30am to finish this story....

It was a fun challenge! Let the disproval mayhem begin! :D

Briannakin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.