main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Days in the healers’ ward DDC-2013 (Kaagi Adin) complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Sometimes it's hard reconcile diaries with work.

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    We are in an YT1300 freighter and I recognised it at once. I had named it the Millennium Falcon when I saw it in the one of the big halls of the Corellian Engineering Corporation on Corellia. It is one of the freighters used by us. A sister ship is named Stellar Envoy.

What a coincidence! ;)

3. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Kaagi's got a lot going on. :) I really like that he's part of a medical mission and going out to heal people who need the Jedi's help. :cool:

4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It is for him and for me;)
    Remember his adventures in DNA ID;)
    He is a healer first and you will see more of that in the next entry

This entry and the ones following it are reflecting what I experienced 17 years ago.
    On this day oktober 17 I went to the hospital to donate stemcells to save the life of a 4 year old girl living somewhere in the USA. The transplant was a success. This was confirmed when I went for a second time to the hospital to donate some white bloodcells on december 31 1996. A 747 was departing 3 hours late because my donation had to go with it.

Entry 22
    I have never known that on a civilized world as Kornalan something could happen like this.
    We met the government authorities directing us to the water distribution centre where I could – with Garen and Clee Rhara helping me – distribute the medicines in the drinking water. And to make sure that the patients received the medicine as well I visited the hospital.

‘This’ was when I went to the orphanage because the Force was compelling me to do. And what I discovered there in a small room at the back of the building had me almost in tears. Two toddlers – Rudy Cadil and Howard Srym – barely a year old were malnourished and on deaths door. A kind caretaker followed me and told me that one of the two toddlers was found in the market square a little bit less than a year ago. He was a newborn of only a week old and had flaming red hair and the papers of his birth-certificate placed in the blanket that covered him. The other – with ginger hair – was 10 days older and discovered in the wreck of a car where three adults had died after the car careened out of control against a tree. No one came to claim them and the two were just forgotten, getting their daily care.

“They are scaring the others” was what the caretaker told me when I asked why they were in a separate room with only the minimum of comfort and dressed in rags. A bit of persuasion and I could take the two with me towards the spaceport. And the last I received from the relieved looking director were some papers in a map.

Back in the Millennium falcon I took the two boys to the medbay and examined them. Howard Srym was running a fever and covered in ugly bruises and recognising the illness I gave both boys a sleep-suggestion, made them comfortable in their beds and stormed to the cockpit.

I have to stop. Rudy is awake and I have to get him some food.

tbc[face_worried]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice to see the wee ones in caring hands :)

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  6. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    The kids will be alright, right?

7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    ‘This’ was when I went to the orphanage because the Force was compelling me to do. And what I discovered there in a small room at the back of the building had me almost in tears. Two toddlers – Rudy Cadil and Howard Srym – barely a year old were malnourished and on deaths door. A kind caretaker followed me and told me that one of the two toddlers was found in the market square a little bit less than a year ago. He was a newborn of only a week old and had flaming red hair and the papers of his birth-certificate placed in the blanket that covered him. The other – with ginger hair – was 10 days older and discovered in the wreck of a car where three adults had died after the car careened out of control against a tree. No one came to claim them and the two were just forgotten, getting their daily care.

That makes me so sad.

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nyota's Heart Hazel AzureAngel2 you will see what will happen to the kids

Entry 23

Storming to the cockpit was a matter of life and death.
    Master Clee Rhara sensed immediately what I wanted and put me through to the Jeditemple dispatch where I could state the emergency. Some discussion followed with doctor Vanrood at Coruscant University Med Centre. He assured that he would be on Corellia to help me save Howard. Clee Rhara had already programmed the new course to Corellia and had without asking put me on a direct link to the university hospital in Coronet city.

The professor on Corellia had me uttering a soft gasp. We had come very close to loosing both children.

I told Garen and his master all about the Kornalan people and their intense dislike of people displaying Force abilities. Those that are discovered, meet an untimely death. Rudy’s given name on his birth-certificate was Rach and that translates as Revenge in basic. Rudy’s mother died in childbirth and the woman helping her just put the child in the marketplace after signing his birth-certificate. The father was killed in the accident that killed Howard’s parents. The director changed Rudy’s name in the hope that someone would adopt the child. But no one came for the two boys.

Both have already mastered many words despite their isolated existence but that’s to be expected with those thin walls separating the rooms and one caretaker feeling pity for them, feeding them and talking. The other caretakers just put the trays with food on the floor and didn’t mind when they were messing with it.

I have to stop because we are landing soon in Coronet city.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, nice to find out more, and I hope they're adopted, together would be nicest.

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I, too, hope they are adopted together :)

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They will stay together, you will see

Entry 24

We had a very smooth landing and of course the medical transport from Coruscant and my friend porfessor Vanrood was there. Getting with Howard Srym to that transport had me with a little difficulty. Rudy Cadil didn’t want his friend to leave at all. But Master Clee Rhara had found something for Rudy and that had the kid with new friends; a stuffed bantha and Garenmul and Cleerara.
    I entered the medical transport, met the professor and could begin the preparations for Howard.

During the trip back to Coruscant professor Vanrood had funny stories to tell about the donor and the pranks played by the three friends of that donor.
    All four were dressed in garish robes, surgeons’ robes but coloured orange, black, green and purple and the orange one had a big face on the back and front.
    The donor was wearing a black one with a yellow lightning crossing over the shoulders to the back. Red blotches adorned the front and his cap was a high pointed black one. He was the good wizard of the black draigon. The orange robed friend asked “trick or treat?”
    A reply followed with “treat” and a squeeze bottle from a cart had the orange friend wet and telling that she was getting away this time but that the next time the Joker, clad in a green garment and the purple coloured Badman would get her.
    Vanrood asked who the donor was and that had him meeting the wizard who didn’t want to drink his blood this time.

The Corellian professor Northgo had more fun to tell about the four students and had presents for Howard and Rudy when he came to say goodbye to us.
    Now I have to say goodbye to professor Vanrood and will continue soon.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Very nice update =D= :) Fun stories told by Vanrood. ;)

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Very good :)

14. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    What happened to the kids in the orphanage is sad, and it's good Kaagi was there to help them and take them for medical treatment. It sounds like things are looking promising for them now. :) Great posts!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Very promising and you will see

Entry 25

Soon I wrote last entry. And compared to some of my previous entries it is soon. This happened twenty days ago.

I had Howard in his room in the pediatrics ward and was sitting on the large bed and holding him wrapped in a blanket and trying to give him more strength when Aaqu, Rian Solma and Rudy Cadil came in through the airlock all dressed in isolation robes.
    Howard’s bed was the place where I had put the gifts from the Corellians. There were two action figures and two books. The last gift – a pendant with a red jewel – was around Howard’s neck. The second bantha – a gift from professor Vanrood – was there too. And that had Rudy smiling and telling us that Cleerara had a brother.

Aaqu was able to give some of his Force strength too to Howard and began to read aloud from the book. That had Rudy, Rian and Aaqu totally occupied by the story and not noticing a green surgical robe topped by a clearplast helmet entering the room.
    One guess:
    Master Yoda of course. He had squirmed his hands in blue gloves and was able to give Howard all the strength he needed. Bruises faded and a pale skin became pink. Howard woke up and told us that he had a green friend.
    That had Rudy wanting to be with Howard and starting to play with him and the new toys.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awwww. :D Nice progress. :)

17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dang, I missed three updates due to a busy life with the internet failing me most of the time.

18. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yay for Yoda!!

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is busy too. One more entry to follow after this one

Entry 26

Did I tell you that I was busy? No? Alright I will do it now.

The reason I haven’t updated my diary for years is busy, busy, busy, in short very busy. Jedi knights, padawans and initiates are very prone to accidents happening. And they happen everywhere.

For instance the last tournament was a big disaster parade for us, the healers taking care of little and not so little injuries.
    One big relief was that our most famous room number nine occupants were away on missions. Kenobi and Jinn sure would have ended up in the healers’ ward after the disaster tournament.

Hey a feather between the last page and the cover.
    It must be from the new padawan of my colleague Enga Mariss. And more feathers on the floor of my treatment room.
    I will ask padawan Iburke to do her grooming somewhere else and…

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I can just bet he was busy. :p

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Hey a feather between the last page and the cover.
    It must be from the new padawan of my colleague Enga Mariss. And more feathers on the floor of my treatment room.
    I will ask padawan Iburke to do her grooming somewhere else and…

Now I will laugh all the way to the turkey for lunch tomorrow. Thinking of this hilarious update!

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Looollll!!!

23. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    It's sweet that Yoda was able to give Howard enough strength to heal. :) Hopefully both he and Rudy grew into strong, healthy kids in the years following that entry.

Sounds like Kaagi's got some good job security. ;) That tournament sounds like it got a little rough, LOL. Great posts!

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all for the great support of this diary. Kaagi is writing his last post in this one but will come back next year.

Entry 27
    That was again busy, busy, busy. You want to know what came after and… Sure?
    It happened years ago. Obi-Wan was injured after a bombing and saving a man in a shopping mall. I had to take care of the young adult and took him, his master and a group to Lingala.
    More happened. The Kenobi Jinn duo is notorious for visiting us.
    The duo has been on a prolonged mission to Mandalore, had a mission to protect the Wanarian senator and returned with only Jinn suffering from a slight concussion.

And what did Jinn do? Escape from room number nine with Obi-Wan and Siri helping him.
    They are now on a mission to Naboo.

I will get a new diary. I am sure there will be a lot to write about Naboo after they come back. Incidents happen always with Jinn and Kenobi.
    I am worried.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Super wrap and Kaagi has reason to be worried I think. :p Looking forward to next year's adventures. [face_batting]