main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mod!Challenge Fanfiction Clue! ~And the winner is...

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Sep 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  2. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    What happened to our other participants? [face_worried]

3. Jabari

Jabari Jedi Master star 1

Jun 25, 2007
  4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    I'm mortified [face_blush][face_blush][face_blush] I got caught up in things and totally forgot about this [face_blush][face_blush][face_blush]

My apologies to the mods and my fellow participants. Glad to see the game is continuing..

Best of luck everyone!

5. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Have you guys submitted your guesses to the mods yet?
    I got it wrong due to a mistake by someone else, so go ahead.

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The game is now over and Jabari correctly guessed the story the mods wanted written was Han Solo, Petting a Pittin, in the Jedi Temple!

Congratulations Jabari! Enjoy your week of colors! =D=

jcgoble3 correctly guessed one of the clues as a reader and will be getting 24 hours of colors! Congrats! =D=

Everyone who is receiving colors for this challenge should have recieved a PM letting you know how to get them.

We just want to thank everyone who stuck it out and continued to participate even when things got a little sticky. This was an experiment into trying to do a different type of mod challenge and it didn't turn out quite like we expected. We tried to anticipate different situations, but we just couldn't predict them all.

Even though it didn't work out like we planned, we hope you had fun writing and reading the stories.

Jade_Pilot likes this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations Jabari. :cool: mav & Bri, I have a couple of comments about this challenge, but I'll be sending those in a convo. [:D] Happy, eager comments LOL @};-

Jabari likes this.
  8. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    Congrats, Jabari, to a great kitchen sink entry and winning the challenge. =D= That being said, you better make the mod story absolutely blow-Chilla's-socks-off-tastic! :p

Jabari and Nyota's Heart like this.
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Congrats Jabari for winning and I agree with Chilla

Jabari and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Congrats Jabari! [face_party]

Jabari likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Congrats Jabari, and to everyone else who got colours.

And I want to thank everyone for participating and those that stuck to it to the very end. As Mav said, we took a risk with this challenge, we tried to account for as many what-if situations as we could, but it did get sticky at times. We hoped you all had fun despite the blunders.

Mav and I have agreed that this probably isn't the best challenge for this forum and will probably never be attempted again anytime soon. That being said, if you have any comments, criticisms or suggestions, we are all ears.

12. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I really liked this challenge, but I can see the difficulties with it. Maybe it could be adapted somehow....

13. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. What did you like specifically? What would you change and how? (You don't have to answer, but it would help us with not only this challenge if it was adapted and attempted again, but with any future challenge.)

14. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    I really liked the challenge, it was creative. I think the biggest problem was that once people dropped out it made things a lot harder. If there was a way to keep it shorter, I think it may have worked out better. Some people may have just lost interest, or not realized until it started how much writing was involved, and this challenge was the sort that needed a group of really committed people to work. Perhaps have more than one person disprove a story at a time? Kind of a lightning-speed Clue?

15. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I liked the writing. It was like a word prompt challenge that I enjoy doing. I am not good at figuring out things like CLUE. When I discovered there were two copies of each clue given out I got discouraged because I didn't think I would be able to figure it out. I realize it was to prevent people from dropping out and leaving us clueless, but I think it would be better for the MODs to contact that person and if they changed their mind maybe their clues are posted for all to see. It could make this a very short game, but then we could do another round of games.

16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Jabari - Thanks, I agree, if this challenge were ever to be attempted again, we would probably make it shorter somehow to get as many people to stick with it till the end - by shortening the list and/or giving people more clues and letting more than one person disprove a story would cut down on the time and confusion.

Jedi_Lover - When we originally thought up this challenge, it was going to be like Clue with every clue only going out to one person, but we knew people were going to drop-out. We typically don't like nagging people to participate (and if they don't even log in, it's kinda useless). But we could have posted their clues after X number of days without responding to a mod PM (even if it would have made the game really short).

Thanks everyone. If we ever do decide to attempt this again, your suggestions will be included.

17. Chilla

Jul 30, 2005
    I really liked the idea of trying to guess the story that the mods wanted, too, instead of being told what the mods wanted right away like in other challenges. I agree with Jabari, keeping it shorter might make it work out better.

I was wondering if it could be limited to one day. Say you decrease the number of elements to be guessed, then get a few people to commit to a certain period (i.e. noon to 6 pm Board Time) on a Saturday/Sunday. During that period, they will write very short guesses, get disprovals immediately, keep writing.... It would be high-speed and quite insane. To be honest I'm not sure if I can come up with stories so quickly, but it might be a great writing exercise that really forces us to kick our creativity.

I'm not sure if that would work out, but it's just a crazy idea that came to my mind.

18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    We as mods really liked how you guys were never FORCED to write anything you didn't want to (for the majority of the challenge anyways), but we hoped it made a lot of you write out of your comfort zone.

'Speed clue' sounds interesting. Hypothetically it could work, but it would be fairly insane and would depend on every participant being able to be on that entire day pretty much. But if you had like 3 people completely committed for that time, it could totally work.

19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi, I like Jabrri's suggestion & also JL's. If there cuold be a way to cycle the clues around or make them accessible to the ones still participating. [face_thinking] I also thought of making the challenge elements be like a roulette. Like numbers 1-10 could be the location and 11-20 the character and 21-30 the action. Each participant would pick a number from each of those three clusters without knowing what was "underneath" the numbers.

Maybe there could be a prize also for whichever reviewer /participant disproved the most, besides correctly guessing? :D

20. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Congratulations, Jabari! =D=

Jabari likes this.
  21. Jabari

Jun 25, 2007
    After much deliberation and several false starts, my final story is here. Thanks for reading, and thanks for an enjoyable challenge!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.