main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph ATLA and The Legend of Korra (ATLA live action remake coming Feb 2024)

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthDragon164, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Darth Xalfrea

Darth Xalfrea Jedi Master star 4

Jan 2, 2013
    Actually seeing the skeleton of Professor Sesame Street just begs the question of how and when he died. Did Professor Brent die when the library was pulled under or did some time pass? Knowing how much of a jerk Wan Shi Tong is, he probably left Professor Jiminy Cricket to rot.

2. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
    [​IMG]
    Do his teeth seem.....pointy? [face_mischief]

3. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    That's from years of gnawing off pieces of his own flesh to stay alive.

4. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So, what is Unalaq's plan?

He seems to think that what Raava believes about Vaatu is wrong...

or is he planning to double-cross Vaatu, and is actually aiming to be the Anti-Avatar we talked about earlier?

He has definitely become a much creepier, more distinct villain in the last episode.

And how did Unalaq learn how to calm (golden light) or destroy (purple light) Spirits using Water-bending??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, great contrast between what a relationship with an Uncle should look like (Iroh-Zuko) and the exact opposite (Unalaq-Korra).

Also, spoilerish titles of the last 4 episodes:
    November 15th: "Night of a Thousand Stars" & "Harmonic Convergence"
    November 22nd: "Darkness Falls" & "Light in the Dark"

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Everytime they say Harmonic Convergence or Vatu speaks it immediately takes me out of the moment and reminds me that I'm really watching a Kids show.

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Has anyone noticed that Jinora looks totally like young Aang? Well, a girl version of Aang with brown eyes. :p

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm pretty sure Bumi at least is an adult version of Aang but with hair and a gut. He really reminded me of him this episode with how whimsical he was.

But yeah, I kinda see a resemblance.

8. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Jinora has so many Aang facial expressions, just like Kya has so many Katara faces.

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    He doesn't "think." He knows. Probably because historically trustworthy sources within the show have verified it as being the case.

Really? Really?

How dare you. One has the thankless job of teaching a niece who hates him the special skills she'll need to engage against dark spirits, while harvesting all the knowledge of the Spirit Library to make sure that, against human prejudice, she fulfills her destiny and comes to the right side of the conflict.

The other is doddering old man who actively advocated murdering his niece while switching sides so as to have as many chances as possible at pillaging a major metropolis, which he even admitted seeing as a life goal.

10. Rosslcopter

Rosslcopter Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    In Ghost's defense he was saying the relationship of Iroh-Zuko (one of love and respect) was what a relationship with an uncle should look like, not that Iroh was more respectable than Unalaq.

If Korra similarly loved and respected her uncle wouldn't you be more satisfied?

11. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Well in that sense, I suppose it is quite true. I certainly think Zuko's ultimate treatment of Iroh vs Ozai is the best model for Korra in dealing with Unalaq and Tonraq.

12. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Is anyone else hoping that all 3 of Aang's kids go into the Spirit World to get Jinora back, and come across Aang's Spirit?

13. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I thought Tenzin couldn't go into the spirit world, because it requires some special spiritual connection or something.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    They can enter through the tunnel, which is presumably the only route left to them now that Jinora's trapped. I assume they'll want their bending, too.

This probably means the Varrick/RC/boring people plotline will coalesce with this one, with some big assault on at least one of the poles. Probably the south, if they'll want to include Tonraq's crew in it too and tie it all together. Probably means no Spirit World for a couple of eps. :(

15. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Bryan Konietzko just posted on tumblr that they finished mixing the final episode of Book 2, and he posted a couple of images:
    [​IMG]
    (Korra should wear her hair down more often, IMHO)

[​IMG]

16. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    SUDDENLY THE DEATH STAR APPEARED

Ghost likes this.
  17. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Spoiler tags? No?..

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    I don't think so, since there are only 2 episodes left.

And from the episode titles:
    episode titles discussion/speculation]it seems like both will heavily feature Spirits

19. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Nobody listens to me, it seems.

20. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    As I understand it, there are four half hour episodes left, that will air in two 1 hour blocks on consecutive weeks.

Also, if they don't use Jello's method, how will they make Tonraq's rebellion, the occupation of the South, or the events of Republic City at all relevant to the rest of what's happening? It seems sort of a stretch even by his proposal. They don't really have time to give entirely separate resolutions to major plot lines like this. They'll have to converge at some point.

21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks to whomever pointed out that Jinora was voiced by Kiernan Shipka aka Sally Draper. I re-watched the latest episode and that's all I could hear, especially when she was semi whining.

22. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Of course, but I'm just saying that well definitely get Spirits in each of the remaining episodes.

23. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    I've been wondering if some of these plots will carry over into the next season, to be honest.

24. DarkEagle

DarkEagle Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 10, 2009
  25. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, its crazy to think Book 2 will already be over by tonight basically. Four episodes in one day, oh, not sure I can handle so much at once. Though hopefully its not a sign of bad ratings or something, airing those episodes on the Internet before the TV broadcast. Still, the sooner we find out how this season ends, the better. Just hope Nick's site doesn't crash too many times (I expect the number of viewers will probably overload it).