main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW bonus material episode discussion (spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Mar 11, 2013.

1. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Still taking the over on 11 episodes but I think the odds would lean towards taking an under. Two arcs is, like, 8 eps (most of the arcs in S4-5 were almost exactly 4 each).

2. TheMDOSS1313

TheMDOSS1313 Jedi Master star 1

Sep 8, 2013
    Guys I honestly I think that it was a joke. Brent doesn't know how much bonus content we will get. If I remember correctly, he said it himself a few months ago on Twitter. If anyone could find the source then that would be great!

3. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    A couple of new thoughts I had:
    1) It's possible that the reason we are still waiting for the official announcement on the bonus episodes is that they don't want to, or can't announce anything during the calendar year 2013. After all, the rights debacle with Cartoon Network is what is preventing them from continuing episodes on a Disney network this year, and those CN rights go through the end of this year. Perhaps being extra careful is not announcing anything until this year is over. Also this may have something to do with not affecting the holiday sales of Clone Wars box sets by announcing new content.

2) Like most folks here, I'm hoping for the most content possible, especially getting episodes that will resolve the dangling character threads. I was thinking today though that I wouldn't want to sacrifice quality in these episodes by having them rush to produce as much as they can with limited resources. It would be really bad if we got episodes that weren't up to snuff with the best of the Clone Wars. They could always revisit storylines later with animated films when they can focus on putting out a quality product. Haven't seen people talking about this, so just wanted to put that on the table.

4. Darth Desolous

Darth Desolous Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Found this on Twitter. Sorry guys, I don't know how to compress it out like the previous Twitter quote so I'll just give you guys the url: https://mobile.twitter.com/infinata/status/403317366223667200?p=v What do you guys think Pablo Hidalgo means when he says it "depends on how you add it all up?" Or when he says the "whole package"? What package?? I'm so confused.

5. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Maybe if one or more arcs is released as a film it won't be the exact length of a certain number of episodes.

6. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    If you could pick any two pre-Sidious Sith to appear in TCW, who would you pick?

7. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Half of it will be a dramatic reading since they never got it through animation. Ashley Eckstein will read her script while riding a wolf across the stage. Dave will read his lines while dressed as Embo. Dee Bradley Baker will be forced to play two dozen characters within the span of half a minute and will afterward succumb to multiple personality disorder. And Sam Witwer will have an epic duel with Ray Park, the latter performing the role of Darth Maul's legs.

8. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
  9. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Thanks for finding and sharing this. It is mysterious, but I would guess that means its a mix of finished and unfinished episodes from all of Season 6, and possibly Season 7, in various forms. Package could be more figurative if we're talking about an eletronically distributed set, or it could be literal if he's talking about a Blu-ray package. The classic Barriss_Coffee post above is ONE way of showing off those unfinished ones ;) If we can get a live action Jim Cummings Hondo, i am SOLD.

al patrickson likes this.
  10. al patrickson

al patrickson Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2013
    I agree. I think when Pablo said "full package", I think he teased/hinted that the Clone Wars Bonus Content will be a Blu-Ray/DVD release, because in Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack, pack is short for package. I think my letter/message to Lucasfilm to have the Bonus Content for a Blu-Ray/DVD release on either February 11th or March 11th, 2014 got through. :)

P.S. I really do think and hope still that we will get a Blu-Ray/DVD release forthe Clone Wars Bonus Content. I'm sure we'll get the official starwars.com announcement in a month or two. I can't wait to see the official ending episodes of "The Clone Wars".

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Coming soon to a stage near you...
    Star Wars: The Clone Wars... the Musical! An off-Broadway performance of the show's remaining stories, brought to life in front of you!

:p

Yeah, I still think a BluRay/DVD release of this content seems likely. Without knowing how many episodes it is, though, it could just be one disc as opposed to a boxset or anything.

12. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    Of course, package could mean almost anything. For instance, when my wife was excitedly discussing buying Henry Cavill in his tight suit in TMOS in two weeks her mention of "package" refered to something entirely different than the multi-platform format. But I applaud your sincere, if repetitious, enthusiasm!

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want the Anakin Skywalker full package.

07jonesj likes this.
  14. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    emotional baggage, anger-management issues, trust issues...that full package? ;-)

eht13 and VanishingReality like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    LOL. Touché . ;)

eht13 likes this.
  16. Obimus Primobi

Obimus Primobi Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2013
    Once the Bonus Content comes out and Rebels gets up to full speed I have doubts that we'll see more Clone Wars stories told in that animation style. If Rebels lasts, let's say, 5 years can anyone really see them going back to the Clone Wars once it's finished? Disney will want to, once again, move onto something fresh and new and not go back to a CN cartoon.

17. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    ^Agreed. But won't that be good? I mean, taking us to new (or at least un[der]explored) time periods. Don't get me wrong, I love TCW. But after the BC, I'll be all right with moving on in the GFFA (if only to avoid the "full Anakin package" :p)

18. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
  19. darkmarc

Mar 30, 2013
    True enuf! But given the sityation of take-overs & whatnot can we really get on them for failure to land smoothly. After all, we are getting bonus content they didn't have to provide... I just feel lenient tonight; must be the bottle talking! -:)

Obimus Primobi likes this.
  20. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    There should be a rule on this site.
    [​IMG]

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  22. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    Drinking and surfing is not a good idea.
    [​IMG]

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Perusing certain discussions without the assistance of liquidated and well-fermented Vitis berries is an even worse idea. :p

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  24. Obimus Primobi

Oct 23, 2013
    I can't really comment or make that judgment call as I'm a teetotaller.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Several people here are. That's cool.

As long as no one tries to take my wine glass out of my hand... :p