main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Following Takes Place Between 35:3:8 and 39:3:7 of the GCW. Events Occur in Real Time.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The2ndQuest , Mar 3, 2013.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll try as best I can to include what i can find.

Sorry for skipping the last 2 months- was mid research on the post-Wheel/VQ era when some opportunities arose that killed my free time. I'm hoping to get some ground made up this week before the next semester starts, however.

2. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, that didn't happen :p

I've had a reading-heavy semester (Networking Essentials [face_hypnotized]) , which has killed most of the time I'd spend reading other things. I've made incremental progress but nothing ready for a full update yet.

As always, I'm hoping to catch up on it soon (though an upcoming move has necessitated me packing up a lot of my stuff so the non-Marvel/YA content will be boxed for a few weeks), but given that we're several months behind at this point (including being near the key 6 mABY Yavin evac date) I figured I'd ask you guys what you'd like me to do with the project: would you prefer I keep at the current pace and try to catch up (given that there will eventually be some severe gaps in the timeline the further we get away from Yavin, allowing us to catch up to real-time) or should I try to relaunch in Mar '14 with adjusted dates where I'd have a more significant buffer with which to keep the real-time nature of the thread more current?

Either way is doable by me- I just don't want to lose the spirit of the thread if that's what people found more interesting than the timeline discussions and source breakdowns. However. I think the discussion has been informative (at least, for me ;)) so I'd rather plow ahead despite the hiccups.

3. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    I tentatively vote re-launch.

4. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Whatever works better for you :)

5. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    I'd like to see this thread keep going. If we try to fill the gaps now and generally work the bugs out of it, by March of 2014 we will have a much clearer picture of Year 0 in the GFFA. I, for one, have a clear picture of the first months through this thread.

6. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I agree. It's an interesting thread and I'd like to see more of it.

7. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    It's too bad this seemingly is dead. The concept is interesting and kind of hilarious.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll pick it up again in the spring/summer and just tweak the dates to reflect 2014.

9. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    [face_whistling]

Vthuil and Starkeiller like this.
  10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm going to pick it up again but tweaking the dates would probably cause more problems than it'd help.

But both this and the DHC thread have to wait for me to overcome some computer issues first.

11. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    As spring 2015 approaches, does anyone else want to try and give this a try?

12. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Bump. I'll give it a shot, time permitting. I'll be reading/revisiting lots of EU post-Yavin in the coming days. I have physical copies of every single Marvel issue, among other things. As I read, I'll take notes on how long each story is, and keep it day by day. I'll also incorporate any research that has been done here into my own.

13. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I'd love to know if any further work was done on this project

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Sadly, no- various RL events derailed my available free time severely since my last posts. I still have all my notes though, and can get the materials out of storage at some point (one of these days, my attempts to read through the original Marvel comics will actually succeed, dammit! :p), so it's not impossible. But I just have too many other projects I'm focused on at the moment, and far too little time to devote to them.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2022
    QuinlanSolo, jSarek and Golbolco like this.
  15. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I’d be happy to go through your notes and break it down day by day (minus the summaries) if you wanted?

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    My remaining future notes (which aren't that numerous) are hand written on shuffled pieces of paper. That might be difficult ;). I didn't get significantly further than where my last posts left off, though, IIRC. As I mentioned a few posts above (and 9 years ago, sigh), I was in the post-Wheel/Vader's Quest era when I left off.

Estimated to be in the 4-5 months ABY range.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
  18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Still inactive. I hope to return to this one day, but I'm not even caught up on the new stuff, let alone have time to reread the old ;). But threads are built on hope. :)

But, yeah, I need to find my notes, refresh where I left off, before I can pick it up. Then dig the actual books out of storage.

So, not abandoned. But it may take a little bit longer than real time to complete ;).

Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Sinrebirth , cthugha, jSarek and 3 others like this.
  19. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    Wow, I didn't expect this thread to pop up on page 1 again... I've had it open in my browser for the last few months, and it has been of great help in my personal project of stitching all Legends prose works together into one big book. The era covered here is among the most complex and dense in terms of the sheer density and variety of stories layered on top of each other, and I would've gotten ahead even more slowly without this thread. So big thanks from me for all the work you've already done here, @The2ndQuest =D=

20. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    This thread is a fun read for sure. This or something reasonably close to it may be the format I use when I finally tackle my long-gestating "yes, it really can all fit into one year" analysis of the post-ESB Marvel comics.

Sinrebirth and cthugha like this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    You're quite welcome. All we can hope for is that our fan projects here and elsewhere help folks develop the next fan project and so on and so on through the chain of fandom. Well, and finding rewarding little discoveries along the way. That Valance time jump in the classic Marvel comics still cracks me up and kinda blows my mind a little.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
  22. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    Yeah, I mostly gave up trying to integrate Scoundrel's Luck (and most of Missions) into the rest of the Goodwin/Claremont and others timeframe. Integrating assorted games, and the Rebel Force books, were challenging enough.
    Mainly I did that when wanting a template of Alliance activity in that era (plus Vader of course)
    Scoundrel's Luck, naturally... complicates that considerably.

So far I typically put Rebel Force books mostly in the month 0.5 to month 3 bracket, with only the last two approaching into month 4 or 5.

And clearly Han has a gift for sardonic understatement, viz bounty hunters on a certain ole Ordinance Regional Depot...

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
    cthugha likes this.