main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Index updated winner of 2013 announced

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    that looks like a fun one to write :) I'm interested to see how that would play out

Volund Starfire likes this.
  2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'm excited about this! I want to use it to hopefully kick-start my writing -- I need to get it in gear!

Ceillean likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    NYCitygurl likes this.
  4. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] It's been a crazy year ... but I'll hopefully be back to writing and Community soon :)

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm really excited to start 2014's diary, even though I'm kinda stuck on what to do. The move killed my 2012 diary and I sorta want to pick it up again, but after this year (2013 kinda, REALLY sucked for me and my horrible summer killed more than just my diary), I just want to do something new. I'm thinking about doing a NSWFF River Song diary. It would be a ton of fun, but a lot of work (but I could do it if I outlined during my winter break), but I also have a couple ideas for Mara diaries rattling in my head.

Random Comments likes this.
  6. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    If you feel you can keep it going for a year, then go for it ;)

7. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Okay, okay... I get the point.

I guess I'll add Darkest Journey: The Journal of Vydel Dir'Nul/Kardem to my list. Though, it will only be a 26-part story.

8. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    That's fine. Pace yourself 2 parts (chapters) per month, 12x2 which is 24 entries total plus two extra, then the diary should make it through the year :)

9. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    My fanfic is going to be titled I, Halcyon which will be based on his life surrounding the Clone Wars and the Dark Times. The story will be slightly AU and will offer an alternative perspective to the characters within the Prequel Trilogy. It will explore the rich history of the Jedi Order and the Old Republic.

This story will also tie into my current NJO AU story. This story will be read by Valin Horn in 40 ABY after the Vong War and will give him a new perspective on how to live his life. I hope you guys enjoy!

10. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Can I resurrect one of my past diaries? The one I'm thinking of only had three entries in it and I want to continue with it but I'm not sure I would if I didn't do it as part of this.

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    DOOOOO IIITTTTT (the River Song one)!

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  12. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Briannakin, Yes! DOOOO ITTTTTTTT!!! I would loooove to see a River Song diary! There can never be enough Doctor Who fic on the boards. ;) (And we are just thrilled for NSWFF diaries period. [face_batting];))

And NYCitygurl! I have to second Nyota's Heart - it's good to see you back! And I can't wait to see what diary you come up with. This year is going to be awesome, I can feel it. :p

I think that this year is going to be the year I tackle a diary again - mainly as an exercise to keep something going a whole year long. My muse is terribly fickle, and it is a horrible thing to work with at times. :oops: I did this challenge once before and had a blast, but that was eons ago, and while I finished the Diary, it was decidedly not on time with the challenge's schedule. [face_whistling][face_blush]

So . . . this time my muse is saying something Tolkien . . . [face_thinking]

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade -- is it? Then all I can say is: WOOOOOTTTTT! Happy, happy happy day. [face_dancing]

14. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Nyota's Heart [:D][face_love] I think it is!! :D I think I want to tackle Celebrían in the Second Age, growing up and falling in love during the War of the Ring. Tolkien leaves so much to the imagination during that time period, and I think that I can have tons to work with there. [face_thinking]

Yes . . . it is going to be fun. [face_love][face_dancing]

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Speaking of people who should DOOOOO IIITTTTT -- Mira, I'm so excited for yours!

Mira_Jade and Nyota's Heart like this.
  16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    sure go for it :)

17. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Awesome! Count me in again for this year! :D

Luckily my diary didn't get cropped in the move, so I won't have to repost it.

18. windu4

windu4 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2008
    I've actually changed the title/idea for my journal if that's okay with you guys. It's the same setting and characters. However, I think I've got something that might be on the more original side. My journal is going to be titled "The Holocron of Nejaa Halcyon". The story is going to take place in 40 ABY not long after two Galactic Civil wars that Valin Horn (son of Corran Horn) has fought in. Basically Valin is given his grandfather's holocron and he carries it with him and frequently communicate with it for advice and lessons. However, this holocron is different than most. Valin can be transported to the past to observe the past through his grandfather's eyes! This is where the journal comes in...this is more of a "visual" journal than a written one so I hope it's still in the parameters of your requirements.

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I'm going to have to ask you to repost it so it has 2014 as the year. Please and thank you

You can write the diary anyway you want. Someone made a diary on Yoda's lightsaber one year. As long as you have 24 chapters no matter how long or short, you can write it however you please :)

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I have an almost bunny for a Sherlock (BBC) Diary, but I've never been good at this challenge and have yet to ever be able to even come close to finishing one and I don't like starting to post something I don't know if I can finish.

Maybe I'll try and plot out some and then come the first of January, see if I can write at least 3 or 4 months worth before I start posting. If I can't, I won't partcipate, but if I can, maybe I'll give it a shot.

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE write a Sherlock diary!

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira_Jade -- you've inspired me - like what else is brand spanking new. [face_love] !!!!!!!! I'm gonna do an Eowyn diary. :cool: Is that cool or what? [face_dancing]

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    YES! Very much looking forward to it :D

24. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    Yes!

Please, yes!

Yes!

Right then, I give in. I'll try my best, anyway.
    Doing a Who fic, probably called the 2000 Year Diary. Chronicling the Doctor's life and interactions with people, likely particularly some of the OCs in that other fanfic I keep mentioning but never finishing nor posting. May have guest entries with other people taking notes in the journal instead of the Doctor, on occasion.
    So...headcanon, timeywimey, and Classic Who will abound...assuming I get out of the gate on this, that is.

25. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    I'm kind of thinking of doing a diary. Are there any specific categories for 2014?

Sent from my addictive smartphone using TapaTalk 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.