main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Dear Diary Challenge 2014 Index updated winner of 2013 announced

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Diary_Challenge_Sock, Dec 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    RC, knowing how creative and funny you can be, I sincerely hope so. :D [face_batting]

Falcon and Random Comments like this.
  2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Nyota's Heart - I just gave the squee to end all squees!!! You and Eowyn?? :eek:[face_love] I can imagine nothing better. Nothing better, I say! [:D][face_dancing][:D]

Random Comments - YES! *fist pump* I am so, so excited to read your Diary. So excited. [:D][face_dancing]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  3. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    The usual, I think: Before, Saga, Beyond, NSWFF. Od did you mean something else with categories?

4. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Yeah, with categories.

Sent from my addictive smartphone using TapaTalk 2.

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Diaries tend to be a bit of everything so they don't really end up in categories. I could start out with an action packed entry and follow it up with the planning for a heist that lasts a few entries so it'd be planning and doing recon work, and there might be a few hints of romance there too, and then there'd be the heist and some boring bits afterwards while they lie low. A diary can go wherever you want it to go, be whatever you want it to be, and it doesn't have to be one thing all the time. In fact, variety is very important. Just write what feels natural, and if that's very different to the last entry or few it doesn't matter because life is like that.

Falcon likes this.
  6. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    And I yours.
    I'd never dare write Tolkien, I'm too close to it and don't think I could do it justice.
    But you, however, have already proven fully capable of doing it, and I can't wait.
    Honestly, I can't wait for /any/ of these ideas...just a month or so more...I must!

7. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    A Tolkien journal?

**ears perk up**

This will definitely be a fun year to read!

8. Random Comments

Random Comments Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 25, 2012
    2 Tolkien journals, by my count...

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D And 2 Who-ish ones, from Bri and RC. Now if Juliet316 jumps onboard, LOL [face_batting]

10. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002

Just the four categories, can be about anything as long as it is posted in it's correct category ;)

11. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I had this plot bunny nip me.

Luke learns Vader cloned himself, he takes his father to the off world planet, has the memories transferred through the Force and they end up rushing to Bakura to meet up with the fleet. I will write it from Anakin's point of view. No one knows he's on planet but Luke

Juliet316 and jcgoble3 like this.
  12. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Index is now updated. Please let me know if I missed anything

We're closing in on the final 2 weeks, congrats to all who made it so far this year =D=

13. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    I'm currently going between doing an Ahsoka diary(because I love her) and a scout trooper diary(because, considering they're regarded as arrogant idiots[at least according to their entry on Wookieepedia], I could make it very interesting and funny). The only thing is that I'm not sure whether to focus on a particular scout or to make an OC. I'm just not sure about doing an Ahsoka diary.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Padawan Fangirl - hi!!! An Ahsoka diary would be a fun read. :cool: She's one of those characters where her personality and history are well-detailed enough, but there's also room to expand. [face_thinking] An OC-centric diary would be a blast, but a bit more of a challenge to continue or plot perhaps. @};-

15. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    arrogant idiots[at least according to their entry on Wookieepedia],
    the person who wrote that wookieepia entry and grouped Ahsoka in with the idiot group doesn't know her character well enough or just didn't plain like her.
    Anyone who likes Ahsoka doesn't regard to her as an arrogant idiot, be honest she isn't. She's smart as a whip and did a lot of good before she left the Jedi. Her personality is similar to Anakin's fiery temper and sarcasm to boot, she could match wits with him.

I wouldn't group her in with that group to be honest.

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nope, I'd group her with the strong ladies of SW--Leia, Mara, Jaina. [face_dancing] :cool:

Falcon likes this.
  17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    She is a strong individual. Ahsoka saved Padme's life by meditating on her dreams and foiled an assasination attempt. She was a strong and talented Jedi.

18. Padawan Fangirl

Nov 28, 2013
    No, I was referring to the scout troopers, not Ahsoka. Wookieepedia is actually quite nice to Ahsoka. I should have made myself clearer. :confused:

Sent from my addictive smartphone using TapaTalk 2.

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    ah okay, gotcha now

I would love to read a diary on Ahsoka. hint hint :p

20. Space_Wolf

Space_Wolf Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2007
    Mine is most likely going to be a Tolkien one. Mainly because after seeing the second Hobbit film, I now have plot chinchillas gnawing at me and won't go away. I had been planning on doing an OC's first year as a padawan, but I think this will hold my interest more at the moment. I may write two, but it depends on if I have the time and I probably won't. I'm not concerned about the writing quality, though, since fan fic is supposed to be more for fun than anything else.

21. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Space_Wolf: And cue the fist pump again! I can't wait to read your offering. :D [face_dancing]

[:D]

22. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Oh dear. I haven't written SW canon for too long. All this research will kill me. :(

23. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    So many of these sound really fun. I can't wait to see them!

Though I've taken it out of the competition, the diary that I started for the challenge (two years ago, good grief) will still be updating on a slower schedule. Right now, I'm trying to decide whether to focus only on that one story, or add other projects. Such as a new Challenge diary that would stay simple, with short entries, and not grow into a monster. Problem is, all the projects that interest me enough to write are monsters by their very nature...

24. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    I feel for you Kahara. Been there done that. You'll finish it in the end![face_peace]

25. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I haven't gotten the time or energy to outline my idea of a River Song diary. I'm still in love with the idea, but man it's confusing, even with her timeline, figuring out how she would remember all the different versions of her killing the doctor is just hard. I am possibly attempting a full course-load at university this semester, and I don't need more work.

So I'm considering doing a Mara AU diary. I still haven't decided. I think this may be one of those 'do whatever comes to mind January 1st' years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.