main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Multi-Fandom] The Count's Drabbles (12/30: "Ancillary Intervention Services" (Community))

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Count_Drabbu, Jan 1, 2012.

1. Count_Drabbu

Count_Drabbu Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 30, 2007
    Thanks.

Title: Drive In
    Fandom: James Bond

Bond spun the Jaguar around to face the building. He paused for the briefest of moments as he took note of where people, especially security guards, were in the spacious lobby. And then he shifted gears and stepped hard on the accelerator.

The car shot forward; Bond changed gear twice more. He was pushing ninety when it hit the kerb and launched up into the air. The Jag was still several feet off the ground as it crashed through the giant glass facade. Tyres touched down on linoleum less than a second before the car ploughed into the security desk.

2. Count_Drabbu

Sep 30, 2007
    Title: Epoch Fail
    Fandom: Back to the Future

"Jules, are we in trouble?" Verne asked. About a hundred yards behind them, the front end of the engine finally snapped off and sank into the mud.

His brother was too busy staring up at the sky to answer at first. Verne followed his gaze and gasped in horror. "We just might be," Jules said.

"I thought Dad's time machines couldn't travel to alien worlds."

"They can't," answered Jules.

"So how long ago," Verne wondered, "did the Earth have two moons?"

"Or how far into the future will it get a second one?"

Together, they decided, "We're definitely in trouble."

3. Count_Drabbu

Sep 30, 2007
    Title: The Casualties of War
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: War

The Doctor slammed the TARDIS door control down and hit the dematerialisation switch. His gaze was fixed on the monitor image of the planet outside. As he watched, the world he'd fought so hard to save was burned to a cinder.

"Off to the next battle, Doctor?"

He turned to the man who'd spoken. There were only three left, three soldiers of Gallifrey remaining of the twenty he'd been drafted into commanding.

"Companions," he muttered, but they just looked confused. "I used to have companions, but now what do I have instead? Troops. I'm tired. I need to rest first."

4. Count_Drabbu

Sep 30, 2007
    Title: Swirling Blue Orb
    Fandom: Doctor Who
    Doctor: Sixth

Mel stared deeply into the swirling blue orb. "Doctor," she asked, "what is this thing?"

"I should have thought that was obvious!" he snapped.

She shrugged. "Not to me."

He stepped up beside her and peered into it himself. "Well, what does it look like?"

"A swirling blue orb."

"Exactly!" he declared.

She turned away from the orb for the first time and look right at the Doctor. For a brief moment, a swirling blue afterimage hovered in front of him. "I was hoping," she said, "for a more specific answer."

"Ah, yes, well, what's wrong with 'swirling blue orb'?"

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  5. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Swirling blue orb. [face_laugh] This last one was great for a giggle. [face_love]

And I particularly liked the glimpse into the War Doctor's mind before this one. It was chilling, the difference between companions and soldiers. :(

=D=

6. Count_Drabbu

Sep 30, 2007
    Thanks. I wanted to write for the War Doctor - I've written for all the others often enough - and one of the first questions was what kind of companion he would've had. You see what I realized.

Title: False Flag
    Fandom: Archer

Lana was almost out of the compound when she realized Sterling wasn't there. She found him back inside, standing over several bodies. "What are you doing?" she demanded.

"The mission, duh. What are you doing?"

"The terrorists we're supposed to frame for attacking this place," she explained, "really are attacking this place. Now let's go!"

"Can I just plant a couple pieces of evidence first?" he asked.

"You idiot!" screamed Malory. "Because the evidence you planted got debunked, the world now thinks the real terrorist attack was faked!"

Sterling wondered, "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?"

"Bad!"

7. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    I swear, I had something for this.

Oh yeah...you wrote an Archer drabble! You are my hero. :D Love it!

8. Count_Drabbu

Sep 30, 2007
    There should be a couple others earlier in the thread.

Title: Unstuck in Time
    Fandom: Lost / Babylon 5

"Hey, genius," Sawyer asked, "any idea when we are now?"

Daniel Faraday studied the trees around them for a long moment before shrugging. "The past? The future? We could be months or years away from our own time. Decades, even. Centuries."

"We get it!" snapped Miles.

"This is not good," a strange voice tutted. Everyone turned, weapons ready, as a strange creature staggered from the jungle. He made clicking noises and stared at his feet. "You are unstuck! Unstuck in time!" He looked up, noticing the guns for the first time. "Of course. Everyone always wants to shoot poor Zathras."

pronker likes this.
  9. Count_Drabbu

Sep 30, 2007
    Title: Ancillary Intervention Services
    Fandom: Community

"What were we thinking?" shouted Jeff. He pulled into the nearly empty parking lot and found a space right up front.

Abed answered, "We were saving a life. We were doing a good thing." He shook Troy awake.

"Granted. But we should've realized what we could be doing," Jeff continued, "to those of us who've battled addictions: alcohol; amphetamines; whatever Britta's taken." The comic shop's staff let them in and led them to a back room. "Shirley, it's three in the morning! Put the dice down and step away from the Dungeons and Dragons!" Jeff commanded. "Annie, Britta, you too.'

10. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007

This was great - I needed to think hard who the mystery character was - but wow, seeing Sawyer and Faraday in this sitch was tons o' fun.=D=

11. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I did like the twist on this one.