main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Darkest Journey: The Journal of Vydel Dir’Nul/Kardem [DDC 2014] - Updated 2/3

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Volund Starfire, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Volund Starfire

Volund Starfire Jedi Master star 1

Sep 5, 2012
    Title: DARKEST JOURNEY: THE JOURNAL OF VYDEL DIR’NUL/KARDEM

Author: Volund Starfire

Timeframe: Between 22 and 19 BBY

Genre: 2014 Diary Challenge, Jedi, Dark Jedi, Journal

Acknowledgements: This journal is based on the comic short story called Dark Journey. It first appeared in Star Wars Tales 17, then again in the Trade Paperback Star Wars Tales, Volume 5. It was written by Jason Hall.

Author’s Note: This is a special journal as it is from two different points of view. More than that I cannot say, but you will definitely enjoy it. I am separating the points of view by font to make things a little less stressful to determine who is who.

2. Volund Starfire

Sep 5, 2012
    My current bodyguard assignment is coming to an end. The honorable minister Tel-Cray’Nor is on his way back to Coruscant via a luxury shuttle that he hired. I checked the security precautions, but was told that my services were no longer necessary. So, I guess that my first assignment as a Jedi knight is at a close.

As for this new Neural Tag, I am quite enjoying it. It translates organized thoughts directly into my datapad without the need for oral or digital entry. It is far easier than dealing with that finicky piece of technology. I must remember to ask the maintenance droids to look at the small pad.

However, all of that is not even near to the front of my mind right now. All I can think about, all that has been drifting through my thoughts for the past seven months is Ash. Ash B’risko. My charming, kind, roguish transport pilot. Just thinking his name sets a flock of flitterwings soaring in my stomach.

I know that it is against the tenets of the Jedi, but I do not care. I have never felt surer of myself. I feel even stronger than when I traveled with my master a scant eight months ago. Not even that Black Sun attack felt difficult with him at my side.

I have always been taught that blasters were crude weapons, but in his hands it was a thing of precision and beauty. Then again, his hands have far more uses that just that, but I shall not share that with my journal, at all. The smile on his lips as I provided cover for him with my glowing orange blade melted my heart.

When we got the minister back on the ship, we met in his quarters. Against my better judgment, I gave in to his kiss and… I have never felt anything so wonderful, in the physical or the Force. And it has only become stronger with each and every night we share together. I am in love, and it does not feel wrong at all.

We are currently on layover at Nar Shaddaa. I told Ash that it would be about a week before I could return to his side… to his bed. But, the Jedi Council did not require a personal report of my activities. They told me to stay where I was and await further instructions.

I could tell that something was wrong. The knight staffing the communications station was listening to three different conversations at the same time and I saw numerous Jedi running behind him, close enough to clip into the hologram. Besides that, I was able to pick up enough of the conversation to hear that something was happening on Geonosis.

I did not argue with the Jedi, though. That meant I would have more time to spend with my Ash. I think he will definitely be surprised to see me. I stopped by one of the markets and spend a couple of credits on some perfume that he said he liked. I also stopped at the ship and decided to surprise him even more by not wearing my inner tunic.

I’m at his door now. Tonight, he is in for the surprise of his life.

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, I like Vydel's voice in the first entry. Made me squee! I look forward to how her alternate 'voice' will come across and contrast. =D= =D=

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    great start, will be interesting to see where you go with this

5. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
    Nice start! I look forward to reading more.

6. Volund Starfire

Sep 5, 2012
    I hope with the next post, you enjoy the "alternate" voice.

Thank you, and I am planning to go all the way with this, if I am able.

Again, thank you. I hope I don't disappoint.

7. Volund Starfire

Sep 5, 2012
    The door opened to reveal a sad sight. The Jedi hadn’t shown up yet, but the smuggler was not alone. It was most definitely a pity. I truly wished that it had been her in his arms; that would have made it all so very perfect, but life was not perfect. Life was heartache. She would learn that in time.

Though I was silhouetted in the door, the scoundrel was oblivious to my presence. How long before the Jedi returns? I cared not. The fact that I could access the recording feature of her journal makes this all the sweeter. Perhaps she will learn of me? Perhaps she will hate me. That hatred will make her stronger.

Jedi, if and when you read this, you should know my name. I am Kardem, and I shall be your new master down the path of true power. Follow me and I shall teach you of your full potential, more than any Jedi ever could.

Though, that is not important now. You will follow me and you will give me more power and more control over your life. For that is the reason I am here, you failed Jedi. You were too weak to do what you needed, and now I shall take everything from you.

The rogue looked up then. How long had I been standing in the door, just staring at the two of them? The twi’lek whore was on top of him, her headtails writhing with her pleasure. She was too busy to realize I was even standing there. He was quicker than I gave him credit for, especially as occupied as he was.

He pushed her off of him, she hit the floor, saw me standing there, and grabbed at the scraps of fabric that I can only assume were her clothing. There was fear in her eyes. Good, the emotion fed me, sustained and empowered me. She was not my prey, though. At least, not yet.

“What are you doing here,” he barked out. He retrieved a sheet to cover himself. Were he actually smart, he would have instead gone for his blaster. He would have died in a more dignified manner, but he would still die.

“You aren’t supposed to be here,” he yelled out. The twi’lek ran into the other room, the sounds of a window opening meant she escaped. It does not matter. I will find her soon. It would be a simple thing to track his scent on her.

“The Jedi loves you,” I whispered to him. His brow furrowed as if he did not truly understand what I was saying. Though, his eyes also widened as I retrieved the saber from my belt.

“Wait,” he said, backing further from his holstered pistol. “It’s not what you think.”

“I think you were breaking the heart of a Jedi,” I told him, the red-orange glow of my lightsaber filling the room. “That was only the beginning. I shall do the rest.”

He yelled out something as I slashed my blade across his left arm. His hand fell to the floor, balled in a fist. The pain was even more intoxicating than I can describe. It was a new feeling, one that I feel starved from.

He was pleading now, begging for forgiveness. Why would be beg forgiveness from me? Did he know that forgiveness was not my way? His right arm was next, at the bicep. Then, his left leg was severed at the calf followed by the right at the knee.

He was sobbing now, the blubbering of the Jedi’s name mixing with his tears and pleas. It was not long now, I could feel her approaching. Two more quick slashes put the pathetic male out of his misery.

His death was powerful within me. It was my first kill, completing my journey. And the Jedi would find him like this. That was the sweetest taste there could have been. She would fall, and when she did I would control her life and she would be my apprentice.

I walked out the door, allowing it to close with one last look at the scene. She was close; I could feel her approaching as I stare now at the door. I could only hope that I am close enough to feel her emotions as she comes upon the scene.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= =D= Definitely a contrast - and sharp difference between this post and the first. Very well written!!!

9. Carlos Danger

Carlos Danger Jedi Master star 2

Jul 25, 2013
  10. Volund Starfire

Sep 5, 2012
    Thank you. I didn't know if I could successfully pull off having two different personalities in the same journal without them sounding alike. I hope I can keep it up.

What can I say, when I get evil, things get cut off. At least I toned it down from my initial list of hack and slashes... That probably would have made you cringe.

11. Volund Starfire

Sep 5, 2012
    He’s dead.

I arrived at the apartment ready to surprise him, but I was put on edge the moment I stood in front of the door. I heard laughter. It wasn’t something nice as laughter should be. It was dark and full of malice. Beyond that, I felt cold. It was not the air, but the Force. Something dark had been standing right where I was and not long ago.

I opened the door and saw something that I could not comprehend. It made me fall to my knees and throw up. Ash was laying against the wall, his eyes staring in disbelief toward the door. Around him were body parts. His. And, in the middle of his chest was a scorched hole.

I ran into the room and hugged him. His body was still warm, too warm for it to have been more than a couple of minutes. I jumped to my feet and activated my lightsaber, taking solace in the yellow-orange glow of the blade.

Pushing my senses out, I could not feel immediate darkness around me. But, I could sense the stink of the dark side through the room. That, with the cauterized slices of a lightsaber meant it was either a Sith or a fallen Jedi.

Ash’s body was too warm for this to have been more than a few moments ago. I jumped to my feet and ran to the refresher room. The window was open. That must be how the villain escaped. I could not feel it, no him; there was a distinct male flavor in the Force. I could not feel him anywhere around.

I contacted the local authorities to report the crime. After all was said and done, the local authorities could find nothing more than I already had. They made mention of Ash recently having shared his bed with someone. I could say nothing; we had slept together the night before.

I’m at his grave now. It is a simply headstone with his name on it, forgotten in a small alcove with others. The Jedi have been trying to contact me. Something about a war and I am needed as a General. I don’t care for that. Jedi are meant to enforce justice, not lead an army for petty politicians.

I was on my own mission now. I needed answers. I needed justice. I needed… vengeance. I will not stop until I bring my dear, sweet Ash’s murderer to justice. No matter what it takes.

Nyota's Heart likes this.