main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Pilot log DDC 2014 completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Pilot log
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: Saga
    Character: Dorian Nigwin
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Dorian Nigwin writes a diary
    Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Entry 1

Dorian Nigwin you are a lucky person to have made it this far.

This is my log and I will write first about the two most dear to me and who have given me this diary.

My parents are living on the rural planet Ganaris. I was born there 23 years ago and had a very happy youth. My father is a mechanic at Ganaris University Medical Centre and my mother a nurse. They love me and have given me everything and I am their only child. Each earned credit was put away so that I could study at the university of Ganar-city to become a technical engineer. I couldn’t go to the military schools however because I graduated in the low marks and got a poor job as a factory worker.

My parents gave me more credits and when I got the opportunity I left for Coruscant. The Clone Wars had started and the republic was searching for anyone who had some technical study to become a pilot or soldier. I entered the republic military academy and became a pilot in one of the squadrons stationed on the stardestroyer Endeavour when I graded last in my class.

I am a junior pilot but achieve to become a leader.

RX_Sith and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Innocent beginning! I sense there is much adventure ahead!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I like Dorian. His loving happy family life will ground him I'm sure for all the adventures that lie ahead. :)

4. Diary_Challenge_Sock

Diary_Challenge_Sock Jedi Master star 2

Oct 23, 2007
    Interesting beginning with lots of potential more soon

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    And that's what happens when I stop to read while logged in with the sock oui :oops:

6. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Looks like Dorian's adventures are just beginning.

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Being last in your class at a military academy is not all bad. If he went to The United States Military Academy he would be called "The Goat", get a standing ovation at graduation and a dollar from each graduating cadet.

I look forward to reading more.

earlybird-obi-wan can you tag me when you update? Thanks!

8. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    interesting plot! Going to be fun with some action!

9. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Dorian sounds like he'll be an interesting person to get to know. :) I'm looking forward to seeing how he does as a pilot in the war. Great post!

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Much adventure
    Hmm[face_mischief]
    They are and you will see in the next entry
    Sure Jedi_Lover
    He will see a lot of war(s)

Disclaimer: the lyrics are from the song 'the bug' from the Dire Straits: on every street album

Entry 2
    I didn’t tell you about the song I have heard from one of the Jedi generals. Skywalker had this song and it is special

One day you got the glory
    Then you got none
    One day you’re a diamond
    And then you’re a stone
    Everything can change
    in the blink of an eye
    So let the good times roll
    before we say goodbye…

I have to sign off. My wingmate tells me that it’s time to return to the Endeavour.

- - -

Yeah that was for a short briefing.
    Grievous has appeared and is attacking Coruscant after kidnapping supreme chancellor Palpatine.

The Jedi planned a daring rescue and there I was flying in my Eta-2 Actis interceptor when I spotted two Eta-actis interceptors flying like none of us pilots could.
    Jedi can do things apparently that seem like magic. The two were headed to the Ivisible Hand, Grievous flagship.
    The red one was damaged and the bright yellow one was following, colliding and swiping the wings.
    And the fighters kept flying. Have you ever seen something like that?
    No. I didn’t.
    My droid warned me just in time of some incoming bogeys. A droid fighter was headed to the yellow fighter. I fired my cannons and saw dust and particles filling the space where the bogey had been.

Yellow fighter blasted the shield generator and the red one could land – or should I write crash – on the hangar deck.
    “Yippee they have made it.”

But I almost became floating dust myself. My port stabiliser wing was holed and my Artoo-unit sustained some damage. I could land my fighter.
    I am signing off because my wingmate is calling me.

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Gripping action and definitely a crucial encounter with Grievous. Very capable & agile flying there. =D=

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    So he spots Obi-wan and Anakin as they head for the Invisible Hand and then has some troubles of his own.

13. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Obi-wan and Anakin had better buy him a drink for helping them get through that fight to the Invisible Hand. ;) Good thing Dorian made it through in one piece as well!

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    One day you got the glory
    Then you got none
    One day you’re a diamond
    And then you’re a stone
    Everything can change
    in the blink of an eye
    So let the good times roll
    before we say goodbye…

This is a beautiful song. :D

earlybird-obi-wan and Falcon like this.
  15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    Nice song. It is interesting seeing the actions of the PT through a pilot's eyes.

16. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    This is definitely an interesting angle you're writing from. More soon

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    More is revealed in the next entry
    Only a little bit of trouble
    And he is able to write the next entry
    [face_dancing]
    He will see more
    Here is the next entry

Entry 3
    First I will introduce Captain Regnolds.
    He is with 55 years not that young anymore. He had celebrated his thirty years in the republic army a month before I came to join one of the squadrons on the Endeavour. He is a nice guy and told us – all young pilots fresh out of the academy – about his carreer, climbing from the lowest ranks as a junior pilot to the command of the Endeavour. One funny incident in his junior days had him coming up with a nickname for my wingmate.

Ah yes. My wingmate needs some introduction too.
    He is one of the clones bred on Kamino. His nickname is ‘bug’ because his number is b666666g9. Captain Regnolds came up with the name when he saw all those sixes. As a junior pilot he had been teased when he saw a six-legged bug crawling out of his dinner. Bug is eleven years old. I have to follow his lead and I am glad to have him protecting me. He is funny too and has developped quite a personality according to our captain since he was assigned to our squadron.

My wingmate had a message from our squadron commander. By the way his name is Jerrico and he is a decent guy too.
    Commander Jerrico had something very interesting to show. We have won the battle for Coruscant.

Grievous is gone and the two Jedi managed to fly the remaining part of the Invisible Hand to a safe landing.
    That was great to see you know.
    The guys at coms had tapped into the link of one of the fireships and had recorded the entire crash for us to see.

The Invisible Hand came burning through the atmosphere, falling apart and somehow still headed to a part on Coruscant where it couldn’t damage that much property or make more victims in this devastating battle.
    The foremost part with the bridge landed and one of the cams zoomed in to the three on the bridge.
    Palpatine had a neutral look, Skywalker grinned and Kenobi was relieved to see another happy landing. And they had help from an artoo unit.

Signing off.

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Enjoying learning more about Dorian's wingmate and commander/captain. I had a :p (I'll just bet!) reaction to Palps's neutral look. ;) Anakin and Obi-Wan feel they've had a true success. [face_thinking]

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Landing that ship with it falling apart is not exactly an easy task and speaks highly of Anakin's piloting skills. Great chapter

20. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Dorian's wingman and commanders all are a part of the mixture of pilots and veterans who have seen many wars and waged many battles.

21. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    What is it with Skywalkers and crashing giant ships? Didn't Luke crash a Star Destroyer onto Coruscant in Dark Empire?

Nice update.

22. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    Anakin crashed quite a few in his time, he evacuated his flag ship during the clone wars and flew it into a droid command station. I just figure Luke inherited this quirk from him

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Grievous is gone and the two Jedi managed to fly the remaining part of the Invisible Hand to a safe landing.
    That was great to see you know.
    The guys at coms had tapped into the link of one of the fireships and had recorded the entire crash for us to see.

Always nice to see SW events through the eyes of other citizens. :D

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    rescuing a Sith[face_worried]
    Thanks all again for the kind replies

Entry 4
    I am encrypting the entire log and have transferred the first three posts to a datapad that fits in my flightsuit. I am doing this entry in the sealed cockpit of my Eta-2 Actis interceptor.
    Why?
    I have to protect it from prying eyes.
    I don’t trust anybody anymore after what happened today.

My wingmate Bug had a call coming before he doffed his helmet after returning with me from a short training run in the vicinity of Centax 2. And his looks frightened me. Gone were the smile and friendly pat on my back before I entered the showers. It was as if I didn’t exist for him. And Bug wasn’t the only one. All clones I met have the same harsh look in their eyes.

Even Captain Regnolds had a look on his face wondering what is now bugging Bug and his batch mates. And he voiced it. ‘I am retiring and will be going home to my wife and kids and grandchildren on Anaxes.’
    And he can. He has been his entire carreer in the military and has earned enough credits to lead a comfortable life.

The war is over.
    The end of the war came when the Jedi tried to assassinate the supreme chancellor.
    What were they doing?

I don’t know but official statements declare the Jedi as enemies of the republic because they wanted to take over and get full control over the senate.
    I heard the speech of Palpatine declaring himself the first emperor of the new galactic empire. I saw him and I am scared. Did the Jedi cause this with their failed assassination atempt?

I have helped those Jedi murderers.
    Mory – my room mate and a friend since my academy days – voiced it “that Jedi-scum should be exterminated all over the galaxy.”

And our squadron commander – Jerrico – replied “that’s been done and all Jedi that have survived are hunted down by the clonetroopers.”

I swore my allegiance to the empire. We all had to do that you see. We don’t want to be seen as Jedi friends or Separatist friends.

But all is still unclear to me. Could those Jedi have planned the whole war?
    Encrypting now and signing off.

25. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Didn't anybody wonder why Anakin and Kenobi would have saved Palpatine when he was captured by Dooku if the Jedi were always planning on overthrowing the Chancellor? Just let him die. That would have been easy.

Nice update.