main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Grievous and friends fanart board (updated 4/15)

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by kecen, Jan 24, 2014.

1. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    I used to post my work here some years ago, but then the boards got rebooted x_x
    I've been drawing Grievous and co recently. If you can find my blog or my deviantart you can learn more about the stories behind them.
    [​IMG]
    Qymaen and Sk'ar - yes that's a flower crown. I believe that Sk'ar was not a nice guy before he met Grievous, but when Grievous defeated him in a duel, he slowly became a gentleman.
    [​IMG]
    Alternate universe where Count Dooku is a Kushiban and tries to convince a young Qymaen to contract to be a magical girl without telling the whole truth. It makes more sense if you've watched Madoka Magica.

[​IMG]
    I drew Ronderu in place of Lana del Rey in the "Born to Die" video. I sincerely believe that the hair is part of her mask.
    [​IMG]

There's an anime where the main character wields a sword in the shape of one half of a scissor. And I thought that lig swords look like scissor blades. I went back to Warren Fu's painting of pre-cyborg Grievous to figure out how his outfit was layered.

2. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Three drawings for now
    [​IMG]
    uwu
    [​IMG]
    I think this would be one of the murals inside the Temple of Grievous on Kalee - albeit with less skillful art.
    [​IMG]
    Countess Dooku and Grievous.
    They're both ladies but I didn't want to put boob armor on anyone so I added the ribbon ;|

3. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Boob armor is useless, anyway. There's no point for it other than aesthetic.

4. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Grievous is all about aesthetics (custom mods everywhere), but at the same time this is a seasoned veteran who is concerned with looking intimidating and tough.

5. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Ronderu as a Diathim.

"There was once an angel who fell in love with a mortal girl, visiting her in dreams. The angel became a mortal to remain at her side and protect her from the evil that existed in the world, appearing in a forest clearing, as in one of her dreams."
    "Wishing only for her happiness, the angel gave the girl the power to slay demons. The two of them grew in fame - slaying demons both literal and figurative. But all was not well. The girl soon discovered that the angel, who led the demons, plotted for the destruction of the world and the impure beings that dwelled upon it, and had turned the girl into a monster in the hopes she would survive the coming battle."
    "The girl, now a grown hen, declared war against the angel and the army of demons. She gathered her forces at the base of the mountains. The two fought for what seemed like an eternity, until all life on the planet was extinguished, save for one being."
    "The angel sat on the shore of a vast ocean, watching over the battered body of the one it had loved. Overhead, its celestial brethren flittered here and there but the angel could not join them."
    "It is said that the Gods, moved by the hen’s bravery in face of certain death, restored the Kaleesh to life and started the world anew. The angel, remorseful for what it had done, pledged to protect the hen in her next life, resigning itself to live as a mortal for all eternity, chasing the girl's soul. Thus, their fates were intertwined. No matter what form the girl took on, the angel would pursue her - often to tragic ends."
    This is my take on what the Kaleesh legend of the Dreamer and the Dreamt One is all about. And yes, the girl is Grievous' very first incarnation. I totally did not take this plot from Devilman, nuh-uh.

TrakNar likes this.
  6. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Countess Dooku and Big Sister Grievous.
    Phew, I'm glad I have digital fullbody references for these two finished x_x

Darth Maul Apprentice likes this.
  7. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    [​IMG]
    (click to fullview)
    Countess Dooku and some popular song about letting go.
    [​IMG]
    Two Jedi who were assigned to Kalee during the Bitthaevrian War and a local kid. Guess who.

8. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    [​IMG]
    In my genderswap Star Wars AU, Bentilais san Sk'ar is still a rooster Kaleesh, but he married Big Sister Grievous and they had 5 children (he sat on the eggs of course). He was retired from the Izvoshra when the shuttle crash happened and he was the first to volunteer for a blood transfusion.
    During the Clone Wars, she comes back to give him her old mask and cape and tells him to take care. They never see each other again.

[​IMG]
    Grievous and Sk'ar were great buddies in the regular timeline. He'd take pictures with all his friends using a 2D camera (very primitive by Galactic standards).
    Qymaen was fond of wearing white robes in public because he wanted to send a message about his intentions.

9. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Here's a comic I made that incorporates the lyrics of a song I really like, "Blumenkranz". It describes how I view Grievous a lot. Click to enlarge.
    "I want to be stronger, because our world is very cruel. It is advisable to remove withered flowers."
    "Yes, I am much stronger than I ever thought: Fly higher! Walk much faster! Do not forget the truth!"

[​IMG]
    Countess Dooku and her various outfits. Actually it's only the tip of iceberg.

[​IMG]
    Fem!Grievous and her various outfits.

[​IMG]
    I originally was going to make this my default portrait of "Qaian jai Sheelal" but almost gave up with GIMP crashed as I was drawing her arms. I like vein/branch motifs.

[​IMG]
    Flowers. All I do is draw Grievous with flowers.

[​IMG]
    Countess and her General chilling in the meadow.

[​IMG]
    Grievous and Dooku as Witches from Madoka Magica.

[​IMG]
    Qaian as a magical girl.

[​IMG]
    Ventress as a magical girl.

[​IMG]
    :B

[​IMG]
    A young Bentilais san Sk'ar.

[​IMG]
    Sk'ar and Qaian being all lovey dovey.

[​IMG]
    Some Kaleesh hens. I don't think the bandages and vests look is universal, but head coverings would be.

10. kecen

kecen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    [​IMG]
    Kaleesh hen in a white blouse.

[​IMG]
    Scout hen.

[​IMG]
    Nursemaid hen and Kaleesh chickies plus how I think hens look like without all that heavy equipment - no mammary glands, sorry.

[​IMG]
    AU where Qaian is on Geonosis with Countess Dooku before becoming a cyborg. At the bottom are Ronderu, Sk'ar, and Qaian.

[​IMG]
    Qaian as a human.

[​IMG]
    Deloris Palpatine, destroyer of happiness.

[​IMG]
    Yuuzhan Vong armor concepts.

[​IMG]
    Sunset on a familiar planet. This is actually a photo of a gorgeous sunset I took from the back of a research ship in Puget Sound that I drew things over.

[​IMG]
    Grandma Yoda.