main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Pilot log DDC 2014 completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Very natural reactions and confusion. Now one's 'official position' has to be separate and apart from one's actual one, which is to be kept secret. [face_thinking]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    The Jedi are always protectors so saving Palpatine was a part of their job. It's unfortunate that Order 66 has happened and all of the clones are now a part of this new evil Empire that will hunt the Jedi down.

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    But all is still unclear to me. Could those Jedi have planned the whole war?
    Encrypting now and signing off.

This is how the sith work. Putting the blame indirectly on the jedi!

4. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Someone has gotten the wrong message, Palpatine staged the war and blamed it on the Jedi. More soon

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It would have been a great solution to the Sith problem;)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is still unsure
    Dorian will find out
    They manipulate

Entry 5
    Entering code *******

I will keep the diary a secret although more has become clear to me.

We had a goodbye party for Captain Regnolds. It was a party as usual and not that different from those parties during my academy years with formal dress code and drinks, stuff and some girls.

I received a personal call from the captain when he arrived at his home on Anaxes. He was proud to have had me as one of his pilots and wished me luck with my carreer as an imperial pilot. I gave him the new imperial greeting and he replied in kind.
    Only the greeting is different. The rest; just the usual drills, meetings and seeing new pilots assigned to our squadron.

For me the imperial army is no different from the republic army. I am staying on the same ship, have the same mates and the same missions.

Lorth Needa is the new captain of the Endeavour.
    He seems a decent one.
    Encrypting now because I have to go.

AzureAngel2, Falcon and RX_Sith like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmmm. I guess from a pilot/frontline point of view changes in who's running things wouldn't really change their daily routines. [face_thinking] I have a feeling though that, just like Wedge in "Up in Flames", Dorian will start to find out the reality behind Imperial rule. :)

8. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Lorth Needa? Wasn't he strangled by Vader at some point? Nice update.

9. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    No, Ozzel died at the hands of Vader at Hoth and was replaced by Vader with Needa.

10. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Very nice! Interesting journal, and neat to see the change from this pov!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He will but that takes time
    Needa met his end at Vader's hands
    Yes and Dorian will be ....;)
    You will see more in the next entry

Entry 6
    Entering code *******
    That was again a training run.

Bug was there with his clone mates. I gave him the imperial greeting before hopping aboard my Eta-2 Actis interceptor. He greeted back the same way and had a neutral look on his face. It was not that harsh look anymore. Will he act normal again?
    I do hope so although he is now assigned to a different squadron with his clone buddies.

Mory likes it. We are now a no clone squadron.
    And I have a number. I am now pilot SE-15-9. The first two letters indicate the Endeavour. I am with the 15th squadron and number 9 and that’s the lowest you can get. I am the most junior pilot and the eight guys – all human men – are above me in rank.

Squadron commander Jerrico told us that the emperor favours the human race above all.

I found out more about Captain Needa. He is a captain but his military rank is lieutenant commander. He started his carreer in the republic. He was there during the battle for Coruscant and saw the Invisible Hand plunging down. He contacted Yoda and told him about the success of freeing Palpatine and he was the one responsible to have emergency firespeeders near the Invisible Hand to douse the fires.

Encrypting now and signing off.

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Captain Needa was definitely a great Imperial Officer.

13. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    We are now a no clone squadron.

Congrats to that!

14. Ewok_Slayer

Ewok_Slayer Jedi Master star 2

Nov 24, 2004
    Nice update!

15. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Very interesting insights! Like it!

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all for your kind replies

Entry 7
    Entering code *******
    Mory showed me flimsies from his sister and brother. She is a guard on Coruscant and his brother is serving on one of the destroyers. He asked me if I contacted my parents.
    I told him that I had sent flimsies and messages in the republic days but that I never got a reply. I have given up on contacting them. And with the big change when the republic became an empire I don’t know if my parents – lovers of freedom and democracy – are alive. Maybe I should send them a message. But I don’t know. Intelligence is controlling everything. I value my life too much. What if my parents are rebelling against the empire? No, I will stay a loyal imperial.
    Encrypting and signing off.

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ouch! That is a hard, painful choice for Dorian but safest for everyone, but the uncertainty :(

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Given the fact that his parents probably were never in support of him as an Imperial, it seems like the safe choice to not contact them, otherwise he may be charged with espionage or being a traitor himself.

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That is a tough situation. Nice update.

20. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Nice updates, I loved the song beforehand and Captain Needa is a great character. Parents rebelling, lots to work with!

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It is the safest choice
    He will come in a situation:eek:
    You will see how tough
    I liked Needa and what's about him on the Wook

Entry 8
    Entering code *******
    Busy, busy, yes a pilot can be very busy. Why?

We were training of course and on missions for the empire. I could have added entries in my log about those missions but most of them were about enforcing the law on planets with a show of force by us. We blasted some building or industrial plant and that was it. Or – and that was among the most boring missions – we had to fly cover for transports going from A to B, B to A and back again. One of those missions lasted for over two years. I trained on the shuttle simulator and studied some more and am now a fully qualified pilot for all the small craft we have aboard.

Yesterday I celebrated being an imperial pilot for ten years. I am now number SE-15-7 and in a lucky squadron. No mates lost and that pleases me immensely. Mory has number SE-15-6 and is still my room mate and there are two more in our room. One is Mark Calo. He is a real nice guy and has had his education on Carida. Before going to Carida he had been a technician on one of the Venator class ships. He has served with Jedi and has no idea why the Jedi turned on Palpatine. Yesterday Mark got a com from his father.

The other is Tage Marcs. He saved us on various occasions, vaping the rebel scum that was appearing on my six. Calo watches Tage’s six. We are a great team, even when off duty and playing slamball against the sixteens. Yes, that’s another interceptor squadron and like us a lover of slamball. But they have lost a few pilots during our missions.

Tage is good at slamball with his athletic body and great reflexes. He told me that he had been educated in the republic navy. He has been educated as a special ops officer and with that came the basic training for a pilot. I am glad he became a full time pilot when he joined us on the Endeavour. On his former assignment he was in a team hunting Jedi. He had to. Any refusal to obey orders and you are in for bad times. And for him it wasn’t that much different from his special ops duty when serving the republic. He had to hunt CIS rebels for the Jedi. His father had been a republic guard until an accident had him on early retirement.

Bug and his mates have grown old. Bug is now a grey haired veteran and has become a drill sergeant, training the rookie pilots.

I have to go now. Encrypting and signing off.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ten years already?! Wow. Seems like Dorian has nice roommates. :)

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    The transition from Republic to Empire must have been difficult for some pilots and soldiers. In the book Death Star some soldiers defected after they realized the Empire was evil.

24. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Dorian grows and actually enjoys the Empire and his wingmates which definitely helps that they are there for each other when opposing fighters are on their tails.

25. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Really interesting to see this from a different pov. Hunting Jedi, oh my! Nice update :D