main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V The Force Awakens and the EU [TAGGED spoilers.]

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TypoCelchu, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I wasn't talking about The SW-Equivalent of the Alien Guy from The History Channel.[face_not_talking]
    Notice how he started wearing that when Lux did?:p

Revanfan1 and CooperTFN like this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Wasn't there one interview where they had to censor whatever logo was on the hat? Wonder if that was for legal reasons or...something else?

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh. Hell.

*pleading with my brain to stop the train of thought it's on, like now...just staaahhhpp...*

Barriss_Coffee and Revanfan1 like this.
  4. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    We need a "Disregard the Rumors" meme of some sort. Maybe...

[​IMG]

I'm thinkin' I might make this my new avatar.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Dude, "laugh at" is not spelled D-I-S-R-E-G-A-R-D.

Revanfan1 and Zorrixor like this.
  6. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Coop tweeted my poster. I feel so proud.

Revanfan1 and CooperTFN like this.
  7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  8. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
  9. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    This probably doesn't even deserve acknowledgement, but for the heck of it: they aren't going to copy a character and re-name them. They'll either keep the EU or trash it and do something completely different. This is probably the dumbest rumor yet.

But no doubt those regular posters in the Ep VII forum will be crowing that this proves them right about how the EU will be destroyed. {EDIT - checked, YEP}

As for the Morriband vs. Korriban rumor - M is right below K on the keyboard, so I'm personally suspecting that that's a typographical error until further notice. Sure, it might be an all new planet, but we shall see.

That's what I find most surprising. Every rumor is supposedly the gospel truth. Regardless of how little sense they make.

LOL

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The best part of that poster meme is that it uses the Tudor crown -- Georgr VI was the last to use it because Elizabeth II thought it was too imperialist.

You forgot "Sidious = Palpatine"

Oh. Wait.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

11. Grey1

Grey1 Host: 181st Imperial Discussion Group star 4 VIP

Nov 21, 2000
    I don't think something as sensible as this had ever been rumoured.

12. DigitalMessiah

DigitalMessiah Chosen One star 6

Feb 17, 2004
    The NEGC had two separate entries! They were clearly clones!

13. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    The clone must have been killed off sometime in between AOTC and ROTS.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    There was a running debate in the movie forums betwee TPM and ROTS where people refused to believe that Sidious and Palpatine were the same person. They had al sorts of insane theories and said there was no proof. Palpatine was just too nice to be the evil Sith Lord.

Never mind that Sidious dressed exactly like that guy from ROTJ named Emperor palpatine. NEGTC even tried to keep up the charade by giving then separate bios.

I'd ask how stupid LFL thinks we are, but it turns out that we actually are that stupid.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Mia Mesharad and Revanfan1 like this.
  15. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    The basis for the idea that Palpatine isn't Sidious was that Palpatine being Sidious was too obvious. They were claiming that in ROTS, Sidious would kill his clone Palpatine and assume his identity.

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  16. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    Sidious and Maul broke into Palpatine's apartment when he sent Maul to Tatooine.

17. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    And Sidious stole Lorn Pavan's datacron from Palpatine's hands while he was sipping some juri juice.

WMIRTUTSF and purplerain like this.
  18. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I hereby dispute this. [face_not_talking]

SuperShadow was a close friend of George Lucas, my good sir, and the honest Mr Shadow says that it was in the script. Lucas clearly changed the plotline between TPM and drafting ROTS.

You have provided no documented evidence to support your claims, and so I therefore find SuperShadow a far more reliable source than you, good sir, and kindly request you to cease with peddling your misinformed statements and outright lies. [face_shame_on_you]

19. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  20. DigitalMessiah

Feb 17, 2004
    I'm starting to suspect newdawn is a chat bot.

21. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    Very funny DM. LOL

22. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Was anyone really at all surprised that Palpatine was Sidious? (being serious for a minute)

I've always thought that that was perhaps the most obvious thing from the prequels from the first minutes of Episode I....

23. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

I thought there was a better chance we'd find out that Anakin wasn't really Darth Vader then we would of that Palpatine wasn't really Sidious. I think Lucas was/is too attached to the characters he created to throw some crazy loop hole like that out there. Some writers/directors like to throw audiences for a loop but I don't think Lucas is one of them (at least not until years after the story has already been out and he wants to change who shot first).

24. TheJediBrah

TheJediBrah Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 6, 2013
    wait, that was supposed to be a secret? How could anyone not know that after watching like 10 minutes of TPM?

spicer and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  25. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    we could proabably trash this thread until next winter, and not have that much more info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.