main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Adoring & Being Adored. S/U, Revamps/reposts. Posts on: February 12!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    You were not kidding on the droolicious warning! ;) [face_love]

[face_laugh] That was definitely the best of reasons to be closed off in public! :p Even though, one cannot blame the lady in the slightest there. ;) [face_mischief]

That was beautifully loving and passionate. Another great interlude for our two here. [face_love] =D=

[:D]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I agree. Don't show that in public but for private it is the best

3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Spock as Nyota's protector and more is to squee for.

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Droolicious indeed!!! [face_love] [face_love]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Wonderful seeing Ny's support of a friend and the way she is genuinely appreciated by those she loves.

~~

"A Truer Friend"

Sherralyn's Perspective:

I was deeply touched when Ny came to spend some days with me when Tristan's away team ran into trouble.
    She was a half-day's transport away at the time.

"How ever things turn out," She told me, "I'm here to celebrate or commiserate. Yet I just know it'll be the former."

I grinned, hugging her.
    "You're an optimist." I commented affectionately.

"The best way to be." She winked.

I studied Nyota closely.
    "I'm surprised you were able to pry yourself loose from that bondmate of yours."

She smiled and blushed.
    "It wasn't easy." She said huskily.

"Then I am doubly grateful." I laughed.

When things turned out well thanks to resourceful strategy and forthright negotiating, she was practically as relieved as I.
    When she had arrived, we had no way of knowing how long our wait would be.
    But she stayed and provided practical suggestions and emotional support.

"Thanks so very much for coming and supporting me. It means more than I can express." I embraced her with heartfelt gratitude.

"Having Tristan safe is all the thanks I need." She beamed, hugging back.

I knew for certainty that this sister of the heart was beyond estimation.

Nyota's POV:

I was thrilled when Tristan came back safely. I just knew how I'd feel if I were in Sherra's place.

My bondmate greeted me with a warm hug and kept hold of my hand as we settled snugly close on the sofa and I caught him up.

"I know that Sherralyn was glad of your presence." He commented, encircling my shoulders. "It doubtless made the waiting bearable and for a deeper happiness over the eventual outcome."

"Yes. She would have done the same for me, I am positive." I responded.

"You inspire that depth of loyalty." Was the tender reply.

"Hush, you." I blushed with happiness at the compliment. "Lands, but I missed you!"

"Did you, indeed?" Spock queried softly, stroking my shoulder.

"Well, if you doubt it, I can always leave again." I teased with a laugh.

"Hmmm. That will not be necessary."

I laughed again.
    "I should hope not."

He held me even more tightly and kissed me lingeringly.

++++++

Mira_Jade RX_Sith earlybird-obi-wan --- Hazel

--

Thanks as always for your faithful readership! @};- :)

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice to see Uhura rushing towards Sherralyn and being there for her with advise and support.
    Spock is of course supporting her. He would have done the same;)

7. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That was a beautiful moment between friends! I am so glad that Nyota could be there for her - and her own bond no doubt gave her an even greater empathy and compassion. Of course, that just made her own reunion just that much more sweet! [face_love]

Another wonderful viggie. [:D]=D=

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Friendship definitely helps in times of need and despair.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    "My Favorite Part"

The Kythurian crisis had been averted through a healthy dose of diplomacy and forthrightness to balance it.

The nearby river was softly flowing and burbling. I stretched out on the green grass on its bank, careful not to squish the lovely wildflowers strewn among the blades.
    The wildflowers were of many hues, shading from pink to blue.

My bondmate and I made a wonderful team. I was forthright or compassionate, as the situation dictated. Then he would reflect another perspective. Combined, this gave a clearer picture and made picking the right direction to proceed a little easier.

I had asked him once if he missed the edge-of-seat, tackling the insurmountable all before breakfast life we had left behind.

Personally, I did not miss the apprehension I had often felt, and I found the cultures we encountered now just about as varied.

He had agreed with my sentiments on the matter.

The common thread linking our past and current life-paths was the sharing with each other.
    I could not comprehend a life apart, and I was thrilled that I did not have to!

Spock was recumbent beside me, and I turned to watch him in repose.

I admired the strong, classic features & the way he was looking at me made the butterflies dance.

Of course, he had caught the drift of my thoughts and reached out a hand to draw me into an embrace.

I wrapped myself around him snugly.

"You know, this is my favorite part of any assignment." I observed with a happy laugh.

Spock reflected warmly, while stroking my shimmering tresses:
    "That is one facet that has remained constant across the change in career paths."

I beamed lovingly.
    "Which is all due to us, sweetest."

With this lovely fact, he could and would not demur.

+++++++

RX_Sith

---------------

Mira_Jade

----------------

earlybird-obi-wan

O:)

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The close bond they are sharing helps with the diplomacy. A lovely moment together to celebrate the solving of the crisis[face_love]

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Relaxing after a tough day helps when you have someone to ease the stressors off of your mind.

12. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Just beautiful. [face_love] I loved the reflection on their past and current circumstances, but the soft and tender tone in the second part was just lovely to read. [face_love]

=D=[:D]

13. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Another wonderful 2 for 1 [face_love] [face_love]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks all. [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan

RX_Sith

Mira_Jade Hazel

------------

Note: One of my favorite! milestone moments in any/all fandoms.

~~~~~~~~~

"Very First Moments"

Nyota smiled softly as she gazed down at her firstborn.
    Beautiful and perfect, that's what she was.

Khio'ri was bound to her parents in a threefold cord of love and welcome.
    She felt the love emanating from her parents, for one another, and for her.

Nyota knew this, for she felt Khio'ri's contentment and sense of belonging.

In her daze and haze, Nyota reflected with amusement: Khio'ri's probably relieved to be out, as well!

"Vulcans do make some gorgeous younglings." She happily told Spock, whose hand clasped hers firmly.

He caressed Nyota across their radiant bond in gratitude for her compliment.

Nyota said softly:
    "I love you, so much!"

Spock responded:
    "I love you, also."

"This moment is absolutely unclouded by a wistful if-only." Her tone took on a half-teasing note.
    "To think you almost talked yourself out of this experience!"

He pointed out sincerely:
    "You know very well my transitory reservations were the result of concern for you, Nyota, not a lack of desire to increase our family."

Nyota smiled in memory.
    The two of them had had terse words on that occasion, but the making-up had been sweet indeed.

"I know, sweetest." She answered tenderly.

Khio'ri was drifting off to sleep, next to awaken doubtless for a feeding.
    Nyota decided to take advantage of the chance for a nap.

Her bondmate accepted her silent, loving invitation and slid in beside her, wrapping them both up in a gentle embrace.

+++++

D'awwwwoon! ^:)^

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    what a lovely name. Khio'ri must be the great love of her parents
    Pointed ears?;)

16. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I adore that name :*

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Natch on the pointed ears [face_love] !!! And firstborns are always special in a marvy way. And Khio'ri will be daddy's girl [face_shhh] LOL [face_dancing]

18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A great daughter who's going to be spoiled silly by Nyota and Spock.

19. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ahhh! This one just killed me dead with the sweetness! [face_love] :D I loved the first moment of bonding with the parents and daughter, just beautiful on so many levels. [face_love]

[:D]=D=

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: This is a sweet moment of appreciation & savoring, in a gorgeous setting.

~~~~~~

"In a Secluded Glade"

We have an anniversary on a resort world of atolls and grottos.

We dine under trees whose branches are festooned with lanterns.

My bondmate beams. "This is fantastic! We should definitely come here again."

"Yes, we should." I agree.

I gaze at her raptly. She is radiant.
    Her contentment accentuates her natural loveliness and adds the extra glow to her shining eyes.

~*

A week before our departure, by chance Nyota had encountered an acquaintance from her school days.

"Jeanne has become quite renowned in her field." She told me. "She's a biomemetics engineer. And yet, for all that, she's been through 2 successive marriages, in lieu of one successful." My bondmate's eyes grew sadly thoughtful. "She's very disillusioned right now and quite disheartened about the entire thing."

I clasped her hand and answered:
    "Doubtless, she embarked on each relationship with a great deal of optimism and resolve to make it work, particularly after the first one didn't."

Nyota gave a nod of assent.
    "Surely. Which made the second one that much harder to bear. It just goes to show you, all the success and acclaim in the world can't make you genuinely happy if you don't have anyone truly special to share the joys and sorrows with."

"Indeed."

She smiled softly.
    "Hearing Jeanne's tale of woe just made me realize all over again how very blessed I am to be your life-mate."

I replied sincerely:
    "As I am to have you as mine, love. Although I would not select the word blessed per se. It is rather extravagant." I said this last teasingly.

Nyota realized this across our bond and laughed.
    "So you say, you sweet heart you." She said and kissed me warmly.

~*

Reflecting on this conversation, I think with a new sense of wonder: "She could have chosen anyone as a life's partner ..."

I pull her down to the verdant grass as the waves lap the nearby shore, and the three moons rise. One is a crescent, the second at half, and the third completely full.

"You are, have always been, and will continue to be mine." I whisper, and Nyota shivers at the reverence in my tone, as worshipful as my caresses.

"Oh yes, my precious one!" She says in a similar tone, between lengthy kisses. "Oh, yes. There's no one I would rather, could ever, be with!"

We share an enraptured glance.

"My joy of you never fades." She remarks lowly. "It seems to grow by the day."

"As mine does of you, love." I respond, and we continue with our reciprocal, passionate embrace.

Nyota's murmurs of endearment merge with the fragrant night breeze.

As the moons climb, our love expressions seem to mirror the strength of the tide and the brilliance of the moons overhead.

+++++

Huggles and tags:

Hazel Mira_Jade

--------------

RX_Sith earlybird-obi-wan

--------

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    a beautiful setting for even more beautiful words. Moons are always sweet

22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A beautiful location for their passions to soar.

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The settings here were just lovely. And that is too true about her friend - all of the success and accolades in the world do not mean anything if you do not have the right person to share it with. Which our two here most certainly do. [face_love]

Beautifully written, as always. =D=[:D]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Beautiful sight!

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    RX_Sith Hazel
    Mira_Jade earlybird-obi-wan
    --------------------

Note: Repost of a one-shot. :D

~~~~~

"Nyota's First Priority"

I telegraphed through a fierce glance & across our bond that I thought, devoutly desired, my bondmate to tamp down on the 'reasonable' approach, at least with this particular delegate.

The moron in question, a Mr. Lescault, was not open to any kind of sensible arguments. He was belligerent and haughty.

Sure enough, with the lightning-fast movements of long practice, he suddenly had a sleeve-taser in hand.
    This one was modified, not to stun only, but to immobilize and disorient one neurally on top of stop your opponent physically.
    Set too high, and who knows what the consequences would be?

Thankfully, the Security staff were quicker even than the antagonist. He was a known hothead, ready to incite riots at the very least.

The guards had him securely detained in a thrice and I breathed a sigh of relief.

We were at last alone; in lieu of the relaxing or amorous unwind that took place after a successful resolution of a situation, I was still very put out.
    I sank down on the sofa, scanning through my 'padd for something light to read, but I could not settle on a single thing.

My mind kept replaying the events from earlier. There had been more than enough variables that might have tipped the balance, one being if the guards were a scant less vigilant.

Spock reached across our bond with the intent to soothe, but I was too overwrought.

"Nyota, if you wish to discuss ..."

My voice dripped ice, as I put my 'padd aside and faced him squarely:
    "You know what's bothering me and why! When I make a suggestion like that, would you at least have the courtesy to listen?"

He contradicted:
    "I always listen whenever you make a suggestion or request, particularly in the line of duty."

"Hearing is one thing; taking it seriously quite another! Please act like you care or give credence to my opinion." I retorted.

Spock favored me with a cool glance and observed rather sharply:
    "That is an unfair aspersion."

"Is it?" I asked, becoming if possible, more irate.

There was a long pause.

I took a deep breath and let it out slowly, then admitted apologetically:
    "Yes. That remark was uncalled for. I'm sorry."

My tone became resigned.
    "Still, I thought we had had this conversation before. I thought - away from certain reckless influences, we wouldn't have to do so again anytime soon."

"You and I certainly have had cause to have such a discussion on more than one occasion." He conceded, wryly.

I glowered - but it had lost some of its intensity.
    Then I thawed enough to let him embrace me.
    The tension in my back and shoulders increasingly dissolved under his gentle stroking.
    The next handful of moments that passed were decidedly less fraught, and I found myself nestling more into his hold.

I purred with restored tranquility:
    "Mmm. I wish you were not so ..."

An eyebrow rose.
    "Obstinate?"

I laughed and replied:
    "You know how to melt me out of my pique, make me gooey inside. It shouldn't be so easy!"

He gave me a warm, gentle kiss; I returned it tenderly.

All vestiges of my earlier annoyance had been entirely vanquished.
    Our connection reflected the calmer, softer mood.

I exclaimed ardently:
    "You have to believe that I don't give a rodent's ass for any abstract objective, not if it results in your coming to harm. You mean more to me than anything else!"

My love teased:
    "I do not see what a rodent's anatomy has to do with the subject at hand."

I grinned, leaning in to give an irresistible ear a nibble:
    "You! Don't pull that "Huh?" routine on me."

"I promise to follow your preference if the situation would appear to be helped by it. I respect and trust your judgment enough for that, my own."

"That's all I ask, darling." I answered, sending a mental caress of thanks.

There was a brief pause; this one, in contrast to the one earlier, was comfortable, and I now spoke mischievously:
    "Now - Spock my cuddle buns - we can get down to post-assignment business."

"Which is?" He asked.

"Why, loverly business." I responded and kissed him thoroughly.

Spock teased across our bond:
    /I assumed that was more in the way of being a pleasure./

I answered, crushing him closer:
    /Beyond all dispute, it is!/

++++++

:) :D