main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V STAR WARS REBELS (show's over, spoilers allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JoinTheSchwarz , May 20, 2013.

1. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    It certainly contradicts good taste. MY EYES THEY BURN.

2. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Yeah, because Mandalorians have never had a supreme ruler in their history at all. :p

Sounds like a Mandalorian, alright.

3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    Don't worry. My sources tell me Kanan's got our back on the "less attitude, more altitude" front.

4. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    It's very colorful, maybe even a life overdose of color. In finished art school so I really like that room. It brings up memories (part of the school in the inner courtyard was full of street art like that).

5. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Obviously. What's why I enjoy this character so much. She's this terrible street art Rebel person -- the epitome of bad taste and railery against the Establishment.

It's perfect. A Mando with hideous "art" and emo hair. I need somebody to epitomize what I'm rooting against and she's it.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Ordo N-11, Ulicus , Gamiel and 3 others like this.
  6. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Female ace pilot. Hell yeah.

8. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Take one look at the Imperial Advisers and tell me with a straight face that the Empire has good taste. I double-dog dare you.

About Hera: Good, solid character, if lacking in some of the distinctive quirks of the others.

9. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    There's still hope: she could be a skateboarder.

CT-867-5309, Trip and DelRiego like this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Merc, they wear the traditional garments of their home worlds. Stop being so racist.

As for Hera, I can't watch the video yet but having a female pilot is good for the larger, EU-unaware fandom. People have gotten into arguments about such before.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

11. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    "Culturally chauvinistic" might be a better term. :D

12. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't watch the video yet either but if the description on the EW site is even remotely on target, I believe Hera will easily be my favorite character.

13. Cynical_Ben

Cynical_Ben Force Ghost star 4

Aug 12, 2013
    Hera seems to be the anchor of the team, the one who brings all of these extreme personalities together to get them to fight for a higher cause. TV Tropes does have something called the "Team Mom" trope that fits her quite well. I'm hoping that she still has personality of her own to counteract the flashiness of Kanan, Ezra and Sabine, otherwise she might come off as bland and stuffy much of the time. Tying her in to the Twi'lek resistance fighters from TCW might be a great way to do that, give her a reason to seek fighting for a higher cause. She seems like an amalgamation of both Zoe and Wash, the calm, steady presence aboard a ship full of much wackier beings.

Also, they pronounce twi'lek (twaye leck) and lekku (leck ew) both correctly in the video. Bonus points.

14. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    So far, Kanan is my favorite, followed by Sabine and Zeb. Hera and Ezra look absolutely awesome too but I just like the looks of the other three better. However, if I was forced to admit it, I would say that even though Kanan's is my favorite design/concept, just because of the "surviving Jedi besides Obi-Wan and Yoda" thing finally being movie/TV canon, I could not truly pick a favorite–Kanan, Ezra, Hera, Sabine, and Zeb are all my favorite, because this is the best ensemble cast we've had in Star Wars since...well, since X-Wing: Wraith Squadron. :cool:

Wait...I've been pronouncing Twi'lek wrong all along?!? I've always said twee leck. And even though several characters in TCW said twaye leck, others said twee leck as well, so I figured I was still right. Oh, stars, I'm just glad I found this out before I went to a convention or something and got smacked down for it by someone who knew the actual pronunciation. :p

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would say that if the Empire had good taste we would see Jello more in the Clothes and Fashion thread

16. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yeah, I gotta say I love the feel of the Ghost's crew, Mandapoochie included.

MercenaryAce, Iron_lord and Revanfan1 like this.
  17. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Also of note, Hera is the first female twi'lek in the spotlight of any Star Wars visual medium who doesn't dress like a five-credit prostitute, nor does she speak with the horribly forced French accent of her predecessors in TCW.

18. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

[face_whistling]
    [​IMG]

19. Cynical_Ben

Aug 12, 2013
    Mission's underage, get your Huttlets out of the gutter. :p

Revanfan1 and MasterSkywalker86 like this.
  20. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    You need to be a certain age to bash in some Gammeroan skulls ? :p

Barriss_Coffee and Revanfan1 like this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Not sure who's head is in the gutter. The Hutt, for perhaps the only time in the history of his entire species, isn't sexualizing the Twi'lek there. That's kinda his entire point. :p

I used to hate Mission a lot when I first played KOTOR because of my dislike of her species. But years later, I think that she's actually a good kid.

You're still bitter than I didn't respond to your tag that one time? :p

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

Revanfan1 and MasterSkywalker86 like this.
  22. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004
    He, Bib is also perfectly sensible dressed and in Hutt employment :p

MasterSkywalker86 likes this.
  23. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Have you seen his fingernails and his salacious expression? Bib's obviously majoring someone's domo.

Misa ab iPhono meo est.

24. Mat Skywalker

Mat Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    Also he has a thing for filing his teeth, is that the norm for male twi leks or is he trendsetting ?

25. Gorefiend

Oct 23, 2004

[​IMG]