main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What loose ends do you want tied up from TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    What loose ends would you want tied.

CoolyFett and whostheBossk like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I want the Mandolore plot line resolved in some way.

3. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    The Mandalore plot(coming soon)
    Barriss' sentencing(because she dies in Order 66 in the EU)
    Ahsoka post-Jedi(though not necessarily in TCW; they could do comics like with Maul and Mandalore or a book)
    Rex's fate

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Most loose ends center around characters' fates, and many of those characters might feel out of place to just pop up 14 years later - like Maul.

The Mandalore plot line and seeing Yularen again (and seeing how he's changed) are really the big two. I've said it elsewhere, but I'd also like to see Ahsoka brought into the story in some manner - though not until after the show has found its footing - and kill her off.

The idea of her hiding the whole time just bothers me. The Rebel Alliance forms and she hides. Alderaan is destroyed and she hides. Luke Skywalker, son of her former Master, blows up the Death Star and becomes a poster boy for bringing down the tyrannical regime and she hides.

I'd rather see her come out of hiding, get involved with the Rebellion, rather than being a coward, and die heroically.

CoolyFett and Darth Wookiee like this.
  5. ReigningHope

ReigningHope Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2014
    Mandalore's eventual fate (think about Korkie!), Gregor's actual fate (I hope he didn't live on that planet for 14 years doing nothing), and what happened to Rex are what I really want to see.

It interesing when you think about how he would react to all of these different events. Would he help his brothers or realize that the Republic is wrong during Order 66? Would he actively hunt jedi during the purge or turn a blind eye?
    Did he ever learn about and remove the tumor implanted in him or let it go?
    How would he react to deserters?

CoolyFett likes this.
  6. Contessa

Contessa Jedi Master star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    The only thing I really think is a loose end that needs addressing is Maul, and "Son of Dathomir" is apparently going to do that so...none, I guess. Call me crazy, but I don't really love the idea of Rebels spending chunks of its time rolling back to clean up TCW issues, especially non issues like "I wonder where ___ is these days?"

Revanfan1 and Vthuil like this.
  7. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Mandalore's fate along with Darth Maul and Mother Talzin.

8. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I wonder where the Zillo clone is these days?

Darth Basin, V-2, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  9. credar

credar Jedi Master star 3

Sep 18, 2011
    Mandalore can be explained in Rebels through Sabine.

Darth Maul is getting his wrap up comic.

*SPOILER SORTA BUT NOT CONFIRMED NOTHING TOO BIG WHATEVER BLAH*

There is a rumor that Talzin might also be in the TCWBC, so that might wrap things up as well there.

CoolyFett likes this.
  10. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I'm guessing Maul and Talzin's fate will be resolved in the Son of Dathomir comic book, which would be lame.

Bane's fate should be addressed, considering a great bounty hunter like him would have have been recruited by Vader in TESB, but it isn't crucial.

Mandalore's situation isn't that important, if you consider that the Empire will be reigning supreme over all, anyway.

Ventress is a problem, though. Anakin should have killed her in their last meeting.

The Seperatist leaders should have been freed, but alas.

Continuing the Zillo Beast storyline isn't necessary, considering the fact that it was killed, anyway.

CoolyFett likes this.
  11. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I don't want Star Wars Rebels to tie up loose ends from TCW. Rebels seems already to mess up with OT continuity so I don't want it to mess up with TCW too!

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Ahsoka's fate, first and foremost, just so we get closure.

The rest can and will probably be done in graphic novels.

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    :mad:

14. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Yeah, right...can't believe I forgot about her.

15. tal0nkarrde

tal0nkarrde Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 1, 2005
    I want to know what happens to Ahsoka - does she go underground once Anakin turns? Does he hunt her down? I would think he would come after her as someone who was extremely close to him.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR likes this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    If she actually got a cool resolution that did not involve her trying to turn Vader back to the Light Side or founding the Rebellion, I could forgive a lot about the past three seasons, the same way I forgave the resurrection of Maul when they used him well.

17. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

Jun 8, 2002
    Gregor's dead, dude...what more do you want?

Rex, yes...he needs closure, certainly. Forgot about him, too. :(

CoolyFett likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The three people that need closure to me are Rex, Ashoka and Cad Bane but I think they will get there loose ends tied up in the EU and not rebels.

19. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I assume Rex has long since died, since Appo had succeeded him as commanding officer of the 501st by the time of ROTS. I mean, it's possible he went AWOL, but Lucas - according to Filoni - was fairly adamant that characters that don't show up later (including Ahsoka) are dead. Filoni got his way with having Ahsoka survive TCW, owing to the show's cancellation. But personally, I'm not wild for everyone surviving the war - especially a soldier.

I figure Rex's fate will be dealt with in a comic or novel.

And Cad Bane... As much as I would like to see Cad Bane in Rebels (and I would be thrilled), he's not exactly a loose end IMO. There's nothing to say that he's not still out there bounty hunting during the events of the Galactic Civil War. And I don't know how long Duros are supposed to live or how old Cad was supposed to be, but assuming they live about as long as humans, and I always pegged Cad Bane as being middle-aged, he could simply be retired. Or he could be rotting in an Imperial prison, though I would doubt Palpatine would waste a valuable resource such as him - but then again, he threw Grievous away, so I don't know.

But either way, none of these options are really the kinds of things I can see Rebels really spending time on, except if perhaps he is still an active bounty hunter in pursuit of the heroes.

There's the widespread assumption that Boba has to kill him or something, but in the EU, iirc, there are rules against Bounty Hunters directly going after each other, and I think Boba could eclipse Cad Bane by getting the better of him in a hunt for a target, rather than killing him.

But part of me also could see Filoni giving the people what they want and killing Bane off to showcase how much of a badass Boba is, but personally, I'd rather see Cad Bane still out there.

20. ReigningHope

ReigningHope Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2014

Wasn't his death ambiguous though? I was always in the Gregor lives camp.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm in the "he better damn well not have; his ship blew up and gave us the only ten seconds when Gascon was tolerable" camp.

22. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Isn't there a animated TV Darth Vader special happening soon?

If so, I expect several plots from TCW to wrapped up here.

23. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    How the CIS leaders are freed.

24. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Hondo and the Zillo Beast

25. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    I agree, that would of been the most stupidest way ever for her to die.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.