main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Full link

2. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Delenn was a good character, but she was also very dull and self righteous for swathes of Babylon 5. It helped that she had literally hours of screen time (over 5 series) to assert her character... and in the end she too became a mere cypher to the male protagonist.

3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    @DanielUK ah thanks sometimes with all the information we either miss something of just forget but yep I remember now!
    Is Babylon 5 any good?

4. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    It's true that Sheridan became a Gary Stu/Jesus figure, but I enjoyed Delenn until the end more than I did J'Kar and Sheridan.
    She was self-righteous and that's a good thing. Rounded characters have flaws. Delenn wasn't perfect and she didn't need to be.

5. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Is babylon 5 considered to be part of the Star Trek universe or is it considered to be a universe unto itself. There are so many Star Trek type series out there that I'm not sure if they are all meant to be related to eachother in some way or in completely different universes.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  6. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    @darkchrono Babylon 5 is it's own franchise pal (you may start a war on this thread!) the confusion is between BS5 and DS9 although I have seen either. they both accuse each other of copying go figure!

Dark Lord Tarkas likes this.
  7. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

Ok so Babylon 5 is in no way connected to the Star Trek universe. Are the only series within the Star Trek series Star Trek and then Star Trek next generation?

8. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Check it out on Wiki, my man. Or wo-man.

9. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    well there is a slight connection between the "confusion" and legal battles as for the story and characters I cannot say but both are set on a space station orbiting a wormhole. The Star trek serieses are as follows:
    Star Trek: The Original Series (TOS)
    Star Trek: The Next Generation (TNG)
    Star Trek: Voyager (VOG)
    Star Trek: Deep Space 9 (DS9)
    Star Trek: Enterprise (ENT) (my favourite initially only called Enterprise though.)

and there's 12 films, 6 TOS, 4 TNG. and the 2 JJ. Abrams reboot ones - Star Trek and Into Darkness. This needs an agronim still!.

10. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Would love to hear some more Rebels discussion rather than Star Trek and flame wars.

Legolas Skywalker likes this.
  11. Darthmaul208

Dec 29, 2013
    I did try to move it on but I was only helping out someone and trying to clear up the confusion blame the BS5 people and Padme ones.

Contessa likes this.
  12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Quick addendum on the action figure debate... It's more significant that they don't manufacture many of the female figures in any large quantities. So if little girls or boys wanted to buy them they probably can't.

* The distinction being that they may have created some female sculpts like Ahsoka but they actually only produce a small number for distribution to stores when compared to male figures like Anakin.

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

Couldn't agree more!

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  14. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I've been pushing for a Blake's 7 discussion for some time now.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  15. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    You went through all that but basically restated what I said people in here were saying. The concerns are unfounded. So I'm not really sure what you're upset about.

You "suspect" but don't know. Which is silly when there is so much evidence to the contrary. The videos being last (and in lower quality!), the figures of the female MAIN CAST members not being announced when other secondary male characters were shown. In fact this is not a case of female fans not showing due diligence, they had to start pestering Hasbro who only under criticism admitted the female characters were coming later. If not for these fans we might never know when they were coming if at all.
    This isn't about anything that happened in the past this is about what kind of SW we are going to have going forward under Disney. One that sees male and female fans as equally important or one that sees SW as primarily for boys with girls as a secondary consideration. So far we are off to a shaky start.

16. Rebel Alliance Pigeon

Rebel Alliance Pigeon Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 1, 2014
    I think we shouldn't be looking for reasons to get mad, and just enjoy the show...

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    First, just a statement for clarification: I stated all of that to illustrate to anyone interested the reasons why I view the article in question the way in which I do. And yes, I do feel the concerns, in this particular instance are unfounded, but why would I be upset if that's all you said? It's something I flat-out stated myself, after all.

Anyway, it's clear that you're correct when you say you're "not really sure what [I'm] upset about." So I will try to make it more clear.

What you said was that I was guilty of "pass[ing] judgement" and "decid[ing]" that "the girls have nothing to be upset about."

Which is utter nonsense. I never made any judgments or decisions about how anybody -- anybody -- other than I myself, should feel about the article in question (or the larger issue being discussed). "The girls" -- or anyone else -- are free to feel any which way they please about the article, and I never implied otherwise..

In essence, my message was "I don't see the big deal" about the order in which the figures were announced, and that was it. Again, nowhere did I ever say "and anybody who feels differently is mistaken." There is a world of difference between the post I made, in which I stated my personal view of the article, and doing what you accused me (and others) of doing: telling you, Joe Blow or anybody else how they should feel about it. That's what pissed me off.

To which I could say: Just as you suspect, but do not know.

But as I said, your are free to have your opinion. It doesn't bother me that we disagree. We are not privy to all of the facts and behind the scenes dealings. It's a complicated issue, and though I feel you are drawing certain conclusions which are not yet supported by enough facts, you are certainly free to have and to share any opinion you wish about the matter.

But then, so am I. Please try to keep that in mind the next time you decide to accuse someone who happens to hold a view different from your own of saying and/or doing things they never did.

Edit: Mods, I wanted to reply here, as this is where I was quoted. Though I consider the matter closed, if there's anything else that needs to be said, I'll be sure to take it to the new thread.

18. darthjj88

darthjj88 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 31, 2012
    Hmmmmmm why did they make 3x more Luke action figure than Leia action figures? Why did they make 10x more Barbies than Kens? I think you are reading waaaaaaaaay too far into it and taking it personally. They are simply manufacturing to where their numbers point. It's about money, not sufferage. I am all about equality amongst gender, race, or species, but business is business and if more 10yo girls were interested in Star Wars then maybe they might start making toys to the contrary. As far as the show goes, we got 2 new and potentially strong female characters when traditionally there was always just 1. So I am as interested in learning more about these characters as I am the males. It's Star Wars, the whole ghost could be female and I'd be watching it. Truth!!

V-2 likes this.
  19. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Okay so they have a right to be upset but "I don't see the big deal" to me that's just splitting hairs but whatever, one thing I didn't say though was "I like how Trebor Sabreon has" so there's no need to get yourself "pissed off" when I wasn't even taking about you but the tone of all the responses. If you don't think what you said applies to you there's no reason to take offense cause I honestly don't even remember what any specific person said.

20. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, okay, fair enough, but the manner in which you used the phrase "the guys" lumps anyone with a dissenting opinion together, and worse, your suggestion that these "guys" were deciding how others should feel felt like a terrifically unfair thing of you to say. Mischaracterization is not a cool thing, and even if I hadn't considered myself as one of the members you were referencing, I'd sill have been inclined to say something about such a careless, generically worded, all-inclusive reply as yours.

And to my specific response, to me, it is very much not about splitting hairs. Not at all. "I don't see the big deal" is an "I statement" of how I felt about the content of the article in question, and is not the same thing as telling anybody else how they should feel. It just isn't. I would never presume to tell another person how to feel about any given issue, particularly one as this.

And for the record, I think your general stance on the topic is admirable, and we share similar principles on the matter. In fact, if we didn't, and I was the person you suggested in your first post, I wouldn't have been moved to gripe about your response in the first place. It just happens that in this particular instance, I'm simply not reading the same type of intent behind the actions of Disney, Lucasfilm and Hasbro as you are.

21. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Aaaaaaaahsoka Tano I dunno why I keep coming back to this old horse but there it is, I had an idea that I think would be cool for "what to do with Ahsoka" in Rebels. And sure I've had a few of those before but here's another one:

Remembering how her master was a slave and knowing how much slavery still exists in the galaxy, she decides to honor his memory by embarking on a brutal crusade against slavery. Initially starting with a small band of mercs, but eventually building a large militia several thousand strong, many of them former slaves serving in the militia for a time to repay their gratitude.

They go around looking for slaves and slavers, they roll up in force in multiple armed ships, free slaves, and bring down hideous, unmerciful fates upon the slavers. Ahsoka Tano soon becomes a name feared among the slaver worlds of the rim.

Kinda like Daenerys Stormborn actually, but without the iron-throne-desiring megalomania.

Of course this can only go on for so long and get so big before they start to majorly annoy not only the Hutts, but the GE as well since it has legalized slavery and uses slaves.

22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Holy ****.

That's a use for her that I could actually get behind.

23. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I don't think Ahsoka Tano would ever become a feared name or that her actions would go on for too long. As soon as her name pops up, I see Vader getting off his butt to go confront her and bringing the might of the Empire to bear upon her right away. For people like Kanan, I would imagine that Vader is content to let the Inquisitors deal with it, but if the name of his old apprentice pops up, I would imagine Vader would deal with her himself, and Palpatine would probably order him to deal with her as a test of loyalty/getting off on his control over Vader by having him kill someone he once cared about.

24. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Well she could always roll under an alias, not literally her own name.

Also in a setting as vast and populous as the galaxy you could probably raise cain for quite a while among the crapsack worlds of the rim without your name finding its way to the desk of people like Vader, Palps et al.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  25. Sir Chem

Sir Chem Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 26, 2013
    That sounds like Bria Tharen from the Han Solo trilogy. She was a character I absolutely hated, so if they handled her like that, no thank you. (Not the love-to-hate type of character, the I-want-them-to-die type of character.)