main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Trenchcoats Are Back, Baby: The Matrix Resurrections

Discussion in 'Community' started by Deputy Rick Grimes, Mar 1, 2014.

1. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Come on guys. :rolleyes:

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I will support this idea only if the Wachowski's re-brand the Matrix Saga into: The Tragedy of Agent Smith

Violent Violet Menace likes this.
  3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    What would the point of a prequel be? Thanks to Colonel Sanders, we already know there were previous iterations of Neo, and that they failed and everyone hit the reset button.

4. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Before Colonel Sanders, it was revealed in the Art of the Matrix book. But I agree, prequels would make less sense, especially since a lot of that stuff was played out in the Animatrix.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I just wanna know where Morpheus got the sunglasses, DAMMIT.

yankee8255 and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  6. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Probably at the bottom of a cereal box.

7. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
  8. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    we need gruns. lots of gruns.

9. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    Here's some ideas:
    - The Second Renaissance done as a proper movie with actual characters, and includes the rise of the human resistance.
    - How the Matrix 1.0 (the paradise Matrix) collapsed. Bring back Seraph as the Angel-Agent that he originally was. Beginnings of the Oracle, Persephone, the Merovingian. Seraph goes rogue at the end of this one.
    - How Matrix 2.0 (the nightmare Matrix) collapsed. How the Oracle showed the Architect what the perfect world for humans would be like with by utilizing free will. (Matrix 3.0) Origins of the the vampire and Ghost (twins) programs. Persephone, Merovingian, Twins go rogue here.
    - Near collapse of Matrix 3.0 due to too many humans freed, the original One, he makes the "wrong" choice, but predicts that one day, someone will break the cycle. Beginning of Matrix 3.1
    - How Morpheus got out, and became a captain and the guy who's responsible to find the 6th One. For those who prefer personal stories to massive world-changing events.

I could think of more, its a big world with a RICH history.

10. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005

I'd have no problem with three films featuring Monica Bellucci. For the rest of it, though, no thanks.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    ^ World's worst spambot.

TrakNar likes this.
  12. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Not you Yankee, the one they deleted instead of edited. N00b mods. When's Dave back anyway?

13. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Just do a pre-Neo Matrix cycle, movie ends with Pre-Neo One going through the other door with the Architect and disseminating the code and restarting the Matrix. Kind of a bummer ending but what the hell.

15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I am not interested in any prequels.

16. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I wouldn't say I am really either but I kind of like the humans and machines at peace ending of Revolutions, be a shame to see that undone.

17. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    All Matrix sequels were ****.

18. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I absolutely love Reloaded , I will never recant .

TX-20, Adam of Nuchtern and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    No, Watto is right.

yankee8255 likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Reloaded is a perfectly acceptable sequel, not as great as The Matrix but what the hell is? but Reloaded is pretty gangbusters. Then Revoultions happens and, uhm,... well I think the last 15 minutes are great but there's 2 hours before that.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  21. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Reloaded was incredibly disjointed and jarring. The fight scenes were mostly over the top, and often seemed to be lacking in meaningful stakes. Characters tended to monologue aggressively, as if desperate to convince you that the film had some redeeming thematic content. People mock the "Colonel Sanders" scene most often, but the reality is that most of the major characters had spent time having such an encounter in the two hours leading up to that moment. Each was as ham-fisted, leaden, and utterly ineffective. Ultimately then, too, the narrative didn't even seem very well built given the climax they were trying to reach. This was an object lesson in how not to make sequels.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  22. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    The only problem with Reloaded was they ran out of money and the special effects during the playground fight suffered. Otherwise it is gold.

23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I love the original Matrix film. It was a film and script that was developed for nearly ten years and was heavily influenced by Ghost In The Shell. Despite the action blockbuster flavor to the film, it provided enough scifi substance to provide food for thought and therefore considered provocative. However, the way the film ended, it kind of painted itself into a corner and therefore created substantial problems for the following films. Moreover, whereas the original Matrix film was in development for numerous years, the sequel was rushed into production and therefore the script wasn't given the proper amount of time to be conceived and well developed. Additionally, the original film was the classic "a fish out of water" tale, which provided that "Alice in Wonderland" feel for the audience. The sequels didn't build off the Neo or "The Alice in Wonderland" feel of the Matrix, but rather proceeded to destruct both of them, where the audience wasn't really treated to the "hero's tale" of "the One" but rather monotone expositions and lectures.

[​IMG]

SuperWatto and Diggy like this.
  24. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I actually love the architect scene , I thought it was brilliant , it completely pulls the rug out : Neo is the 6th iteration , he really is still a puppet . Plus the concept of free will being the key to keeping people happy in their enslavement - !

25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    A couple of this things with the Architect scene, it didn't really pack the punch it was intended to do. Meaning, there was still some doubt if he was telling the truth as that point in time of the story. In hind sight, yes, we the Architect being truthful but as the story unfolded and how the information was presented to the audience in this snobbish and very formal archaic manner, it pretty much killed the momentum of the film as well as confused and turned off the audience.

Part of me thinks Reloaded would have been better served if it ended on the noted where Neo entered "The Source" and then a bright light, as the film would have ended more on an upbeat and yet still have a cliffhanger. And as a side effect, Revolutions would probably has been better served if it opened with the Architect scene.

Additionally, I think the Architect could have been moved to Revolutions, as Reloaded already had an snotty expositive character in the Merovingian.

[​IMG]

At any rate, as mentioned previously, the Architect scene does pull the rug out completely as it deconstructs Neo and The Matrix. So, the "hero's journey" is pretty much washed away and replaced with a tale of establishing co-habitation through the defeat of a common enemy.

I think bringing Agent Smith back wasn't the best idea, because it certain ways he was much like Neo and the humans, they all wanted to destroy the Matrix. Moreover, Agent Smith doesn't serve the story in the sequels in the same manner as the original film, which is an agent of the system. Smith is a rogue program that pretty much becomes a plot device rather than a character; just a means to bring the two warring sides together. And as such, for most of the sequels, he's comes off as an annoyance and obstacle.