main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation What would you be annoyed at if Disney removed?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by scooper121s, Mar 6, 2014.

1. scooper121s

scooper121s Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2014
    Honestly the theme music would be my main trife :p

Obi-Wan Catnobi and Padme501st like this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    If they remove everything, ticked I would be

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I can't imagine Disney "removing" anything just for the heck of it. That implies the usual outdated Disney stereotyping. Just expect not to hear/see the 20th Century Fox stuff.

Revious Nugo likes this.
  4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    No worries about the music; John Williams has already announced he's on board.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  5. scooper121s

scooper121s Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2014
    YES!!!

6. TheChosenSolo

TheChosenSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 9, 2011
    My main concern is just how much of the EU will be done away with. There's not really much about the films to worry about, so the on-topic answer would be nothing, I suppose. That may change as time goes on, though.

7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The only thing I'm worried about is if the ST doesn't follow the PT/OT at all.

8. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    How can they not follow the path the PT and the OT carved?

9. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Some people on here want Episode 7 to be its own thing and not continue Episode 6.

Revious Nugo likes this.
  10. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    Well, then, it wouldn't be Star Wars. Simple as that.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Tell that to them.

12. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    HEY! ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO WANT EPISODE VII TO GO ITS OWN WAY AND NOT FOLLOW THE PATH OF THE PT AND OT!! THAT WON'T BE STAR WARS!!!!

Okay, I told them. :)

13. Obi-yoda

Obi-yoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 10, 2014
    Can I agree more? Also, I would be extremely upset if they just skipped a bit in the timeline (even if they still stayed inside EU continuity). For instance, if they made it centered around Luke's rebuilding of the Jedi Order, without showing the Dark Empire times, I would be... most displeased.
    [​IMG]

Revious Nugo likes this.
  14. fuzzbox77

fuzzbox77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2008
    People forget that without the OT - you wouldn't have anything. They can leave the PT and EU out of it as far as i'm concerned - all this "Retcon" crap doesn't really matter - the EU changed things, the PT contradicted the OT and the OT was changed yet again to accomodate the PT. The franchise has been contradicted more times than the British public under a Conservative government.

The EU is merely a merchandise platform - a book = a sale. Whether the EU deemed canon or dropped, the move into the ST could still change it. Even the earliest of EU (1977-1988) has been brushed aside by many and LFL. Stop fanboy the crying, if it ends up "contradicting" the novels - there is nothing you can do about it.

Obi-Wan Catnobi likes this.
  15. Obi-yoda

Mar 10, 2014
    fuzzbox77 The PT is also part of the saga. It is canon.

mes520 and Jarren_Lee-Saber like this.
  16. TheChosenSolo

Dec 9, 2011
    The PT as well as the OT are Saga. They are set in stone, and there's no way to change that without taking away from the Star Wars we love. I am perfectly willing to accept whatever EU changes end up being made, because we all knew that was going to happen ultimately.

Jarren_Lee-Saber likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    But it contradicts the OT.

I'll be annoyed if Disney removes the parts of Star Wars that I like and keeps what I don't like.

As far as the PT era, it should keep the idea of a Sith Lord disguised as a politician using his political skill to take over the Republic. I could see the new Jedi Order being very skeptical of politicians after that.

The Chosen One prophecy can die in a fire. I hope it is never mentioned again, although not mentioning Anakin Skywalker would certainly be a mistake.

18. Obi-yoda

Mar 10, 2014
    Where exactly does it contradict the OT in ways that have not already been explained?
    And even with the contradictions (if they exist)... it is canon.
    [​IMG]

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    A contradiction is a contradiction regardless of the explanations that exist to justify it.

And I wasn't arguing canonicity or lack thereof.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    No one literally forgets that.

21. Mach

Mach Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2014
    I dunno about that. OT is what started my love of Star Wars, and when I was younger the PT was really cool to me, but I'd by lying if I said I didn't like KotOR/KotOR II just as much or more than the OT. Has everything, big reveal, fantastic bad guys (Sion take me now), great characters that you fall in love with, cool mythos, and funny robots. Not saying make a movie out of them, but I'm open to something separate. I also don't mind seeing what happens after RotJ on the big screen.

22. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    We are just talking about the main movie saga itself. There will be plenty of other movies along the way. Hopefully a KOTOResque series as well. We are just saying that if Episode 7 doesn't follow the story of TPM through ROTJ then it should not be considered Episode 7. It should be considered Star Wars Saga 2 Episode 1.

Revious Nugo likes this.
  23. Mach

Mach Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2014
    Ah, so more of a continuity issue. Yeah, I mean, the PT is here and done. The OT has been changed. If they decide to retcon, again, I think that'd be silly. Mandalorians were made pacifists in The Clone Wars, which did more than annoyed me. Can't really think of why they'd back out on anything from the PT or OT. If a detail was changed, like "Palpatine really wasn't the puppetmaster, there is another! Or Vader actually lived!" I'd be headdesking. Hey, I'll still go watch it, though.

Sarge likes this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I definitely would not spend money on it if that happened.

25. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    However the story goes, none of that mentioned would be something Disney removed.
    This new trilogy could easily still "be Star Wars" with a storyline completely unrelated to what was in everything else. This is not backtracking like the Prequels and it is not an attempt to shoehorn a story between episodes or trilogies. There is a great deal of stuff regarding the Force, the Jedi, the Sith, and the conflicting factions in the galaxy that was not seen in the films. If you cling to everything that was in the books and that is what makes up what you consider to "be Star Wars", then you're already in for a disappointment.