main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Pilot log DDC 2014 completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2014.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    He has
    You will see what Dorian does
    He is a pilot and just doing his job
    That will come too.

Entry 9
    Entering code *******
    I have seen the techies at work in the simulator training room. Are we getting new kind of fighter?
    Yes and a new personell transport.

I will become a TIE-fighter pilot and a pilot for the Lambda class T-4a personnel transport. With my technical knowledge I applied for both and got the two assignments.

I had to report to suits supply and had to endure the procedure of fitting. Yeah we were the first squadron aboard the Endeavour to get the new suits. I have now my personalised fully sealed suit.
    They are black and have some things to keep you a bit more comfortable during long missions. Transport missions can be long. TIE-fighter missions not but you have to suit up immediately after beginning your eight hour shift.

I will tell you about the difference in the suit. Before donning my old suit I had to get a diaper. And I have to tell you that it wasn’t sufficient during long missions. A few times I ended up soaked from neck to feet in waste products.
    The new personal fresher is an improvement.

Before donning the new suit with the insulated body glove I have to apply two receptacles with their pouches strapped to my thighs. The suit follows and before you seal the helmet with the vocoder and polarized lenses (they are quite useful for the actinic glare of firing lasers) you have to make sure that the feeder tube and bag is in place and filled with your choice of drinks. The helmet is of course donned shortly before you enter your assigned craft. In the lambda I have the helmet secured near my seat, available to don immediately in case of an emergency.

And I have a new two person cabin. Tage is now my room mate.
    Encrypting and signing off.

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice having a more private rooming arrangement--just one roommate [face_thinking] and [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Interesting details on the suits ... Very similar to what astronauts have to wear I'd think.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    New and improved suits will definitely help during the long and arduous missions that I am sure he will be experiencing.

4. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    The new suits sound MUCH better! Good update!

5. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    And I have a new two person cabin. Tage is now my room mate.

And I will not have proper internet until the 20th March. Therefore I will not be able to comment on your wonderful updates for a while.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I have been inspired by the Right stuff;)
    Here is a new one.

Entry 10
    Entering code *******

We got the new TIE fighter and have been training on it for months after the initial training in the simulators. The new suit proved quite useful because those trainings in the simulator lasted up to eight hours.

I have flown missions on the Lambda, getting captain Needa to a meeting with the top brass. After one mission he was very pleased that I could evade a rebel-frigate with some nice flying. That was a long mission and I was glad to wear the suit. I even had to don the helmet during the skirmish with the rebel-frigate when the integrity of the cockpit was compromised.

TIE fighter missions will be short though.

I will tell you more about the TIE fighter. TIE is shorthand for twin ion engine. The system is efficient with fuel and gives the pilot great possibilities for high speed course changes with the high g-shock seat and crash webbing holding you in place. It has no life-support. Your fully sealed suit is the only protection. The first time in a real TIE fighter I was glad I wore the new suit because in my old suit I would have wetted my diaper. Now I peed in the receptacle and that was it.

Mory – number SE-15-6 – experienced the same. Tage not and he was calling us the ‘baby’ boys.

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent details and bit of realism [face_laugh] ;)

8. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Yes, definitely a great taste of realistic happenings during missions.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006

Entry 11
    Entering code *******
    The TIE is exciting with the two SFS L-s1 laser cannons and has one great disadvantage.
    It has no defensive deflector shields like my old Eta-2 Actis interceptor. A direct hit and you are vaped. And that’s why I like the Lambda. The transport has heavy shielding and a hyperdrive.

I am still number SE-15-7 but have advanced in the squadron now being formed by 12 men. Numbers 1 to six are my familiar mates and Tage Marcs is my wingmate and number SE-15-8. Marc Calo transferred to another squadron and is now my equal in number. The last four are identical humans. I think that they are clones too because they are looking the same as a lot of their stormtrooper friends. They have a uniform height. I am longer but Mory is a small guy. He got us laughing when he donned the white armor and was told by a captain of the stormtroopers that he was a little bit short for a stormtrooper.

Not all stormtroopers are clones. I found out before the Mory dress up when I was visiting the mess hall with Tage. A stormtrooper came in and headed straight to our table. Tage recognised the slight difference in size of the captain immediately and offered the man a seat. The man doffed his helmet and was introduced to us. Jeb Baning had been Tage’s great friend when he was studying. He served the republic and was a captain of a Lartie. And being a captain he offered Tage a place as commander of a stormtrooper squad. Tage did take the chance. That leaves me with a new room mate.

My wingman and roommate is now Jess Garrovan and he has a clone pilot to protect him.

RX_Sith and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Liked the details about squadmates and the classic ANH line ;) (I caught it) [face_laugh] I can just bet Dorian feels more secure with hyperdrive and shielding capacity. :cool:

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Captain Needa, a living person still in your updates. Nice to see that. :)

12. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great comedy with the little short for a Stormtrooper line and more advancing for some of the pilots.

13. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Like the talk about the stormtroopers!

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Exciting action is coming

Entry 12
    Entering code *******
    Tage likes his new assignment. He told me all about the training. Almost all the Jedi are gone thanks to the efficient enforcers and Darth Vader. And he doesn’t know if his leaving has anything to do with our bad luck during the last few weeks.
    Yeah I lost mates.
    Most were replaced by clones but one guy – Jose Alarda – is a human from Coruscant. I don’t like him and his bragging about his family and being sure that he will rise in ranks and surpass me. He is the twelfth pilot and has to follow the rules. Jess Garrovan doesn’t like him either. We listen to Jose or not. The bragging is ear in and ear out for us.

We had an exciting day. Our squadron managed to capture a rebel-transport more or less intact. Precision firing from Jess and me could direct the transport to one of the tractor beams and there she was going in. I was climbing out of my TIE fighter when I saw a squad of stormtroopers guiding the survivors out and to the brig. They sure were meeting the interrogation droids.

Captain Needa praised us and revealed that one of the rebels had been treated by a Jedihealer on Ganaris.

It is the planet where I was born and raised. No one on the Endeavour knows and I will keep that a secret. We are now headed to the planet to capture Jedi Shika Diir. She is working at the Ganar University Medical Centre. If she can be captured alive she will be a great prize for Darth Vader. Somewhere he has a secret testing facility.
    Two pilots from my squadron – numbers 2 and 4 – got promoted and are now with squadrons 14 and 13. I have been promoted to TIE fighter pilot SE-15-5.

My friend Tage Marcs – now formally promoted to captain after finishing his training – is leading the squad to arrest her. He will have no problems arresting a Jedi. He knows how they react.
    But I am a bit worried. Tage is wearing his slate grey officer’s uniform as requested by command and that gives no protection at all against blaster shots. I hope he stays in his armored swoop that is called 'the beast' by him.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Captain Needa praised us and revealed that one of the rebels had been treated by a Jedihealer on Ganaris.

It is the planet where I was born and raised. No one on the Endeavour knows and I will keep that a secret. We are now headed to the planet to capture Jedi Shika Diir. She is working at the Ganar University Medical Centre. If she can be captured alive she will be a great prize for Darth Vader. Somewhere he has a secret testing facility.
    Two pilots from my squadron – numbers 2 and 4 – got promoted and are now with squadrons 14 and 13. I have been promoted to TIE fighter pilot SE-15-5.

I wonder who THAT jedi healer is... [face_thinking].. :p

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Some very interesting developments as more pilots get advanced while others cause trouble.

17. aalagartassle

aalagartassle Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2011
    Yeah, the pilots certainly move up the chain of command at the price of protection

18. serendipityaey

Jan 24, 2004
    Great udate! Interesting! :)

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    You will see in the next entry
    Trouble for him in the next entry

Entry 13
    Entering code *******
    My parents are alive and how. They are rebels, kriffing rebel scum.

No doubt was left for me that they had joined the rebels. My father had been a sharpshooter with small firearms when I was just a small child. He had come home often with killed game which was sold for more credits.
    Jeb Banning showed me the report that included holovids.

My friend Tage Marcs has been killed. That kriffing Jedi scum mutilated my friend with her claws. Tage’s swoop ‘the beast’ was no protection at all. He had left it to help his squad. The Jedi was Shika Diir and she was a female Shistavanen, a beast in my view. She had been away from Coruscant and on a mission to Ganaris to collect a new supply of burn-salve for master healer Bant when order 66 was given.

I paled when I saw my old home on the holovid. My parents had been hiding that murderer. My father had killed with help of that Jedi a squad of stormtroopers of the Endeavour. Why doesn’t command give them blast proof armour? Are they just easy to replace soldiers?

Commander Jerrico came in when I was reading the report and said “those rebels escaped but we caught the Jedi when she tried to board a ship. She has been killed.”

I said “I have known that house and those people all my life. They are my parents!”

My commander said “you shouldn’t talk about it. Imperial intelligence will investigate and they are ruthless.”

Jedi-scum! Why dad? Why mum? You’re aiding a murderer and enemy of the empire. You have become my enemy too.
    I saw Captain Needa giving a small nod. He must have heard what we were discussing.

One of the stormtroopers from Jeb Banning’s squad muttered that the Jedi used her lightsaber to blow the entire transport to pieces. She killed ten of his friends.

Some one is coming.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! What a tangle of reactions: to know his folks are alive but on the 'other side'. :eek: His loyalty to the Empire is unfazed and unbroken. Hmmm. [face_thinking] Eagerly awaiting any future epiphanies. :)

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Jedi-scum! Why dad? Why mum? You’re aiding a murderer and enemy of the empire. You have become my enemy too.

This makes me unbelievingly sad.

22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Very sad how corruptible the Empire is that you're parents are viewed as the enemy.

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    His loyalty still is but
    The empire is harsh
    He has to

Entry 14
    Entering code *******
    Yeah that was Imperial intelligence coming to get me to their den. It is standard procedure after a mission gone wrong. They had come to the Endeavour in their sinister looking black Lambda shuttle.
    But this time I was scared. I had a reason to be. I am a Nigwin. A Dorrin and Teryn Nigwin were identified as rebels.
    I could have told them everything about the beautiful Caradara imperial park and the great hiding possibilities for rebels in the vast underground caverns and lava tubes but I didn’t have the chance.

Intelligence began questioning.
    I answered questions about flying cover for the transports. I think they were coming to the questions about my birth planet – no one has ever asked me and I have never given it – when Captain Lorth Needa came into the interrogation room and had a training mission for me and Jess Garovan.
    After that mission the entire procedure was finished.
    I am glad. No more questions to answer and I hope I won’t have to face Imperial intelligence again. I have to go and dress ceremonial.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Whew! That was close! [face_nail_biting] =D=

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    But this time I was scared. I had a reason to be. I am a Nigwin. A Dorrin and Teryn Nigwin were identified as rebels.

Safe... for NOW. [face_nail_biting]