main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Yoda Arc (6.10-6.13) Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by AkashKedavra_93, Mar 5, 2014.

1. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    [​IMG]
    This thread is for the purposes of discussion on the last four episodes of Season Six. Any spoilers before 12:01 a.m. PST will be deleted immediately. Grading threads will follow at a leisurely pace so as to not overwhelm the boards.​

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    2nd best Arc, I can feel it

3. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I just have to say, the animation on Commander Wolffe's face is top-notch there, especially his cybernetic eye. And correct me if I'm wrong, but it's the first time we've seen his face since the mid-Season 4 remodel on all the clones' faces.

4. melkor834

melkor834 Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2009
    A wonderful arc with some beautiful imagery. Watching Yoda delve into ancient secrets and seeing connections to the OT that actually make sense was a great way to end the series. Beyond that it explores some Jungian-esque themes rather well. So, yeah, definitely one of my favorite arcs.

I think this will go down as one of the greatest arcs of the Clone Wars or, at the very least, one of the most memorable.

Artoo-Dion , QsAssistant, V-2 and 2 others like this.
  5. Kualan

Kualan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 4, 2008
    This arc was insane.

It was madness beyond madness.

And you know what?

I loved every frakkin' second of it.

6. Forge'd

Forge'd Jedi Knight

Jan 20, 2014
    So...Valorum is still alive.
    Dooku's background was further established.
    According to Silman, Dooku assumed the name "Sifo-Dyas". Correct? If that is true, Dooku found a template (Jango Fett) for the clone troopers. Using the name "Sifo-Dyas," Dooku commissioned the clone army. Dooku then, no doubt heeding Palpatine's order, asked for the inhibitor chip to be added.

StarWars.com illustrates this well:
    "'We modified their genetic structure to make them less independent than the original host,' says the Kaminoan prime minister. It is evident that this chip does far more than that."

---

These four episodes were great. Dooku, Oppo Rancisis, Darth Bane, numerous scenes of the High Council, Moraband (the name change didn't bother me, honestly); the list could go on.

Watching these episodes, I wanted to walk into my computer screen and tell Yoda exactly what was going to happen. Tell him who Sidious is, and what the future will be. Anything to stop Order Sixty-Six.
    The Star Wars saga is a beautiful piece of art. Never before have I felt emotion over the fate of fictional characters.

I am going to miss The Clone Wars, and this era in general. I'm slightly depressed, knowing that this may be the last we see of these characters.

7. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Only read the episode guides so far, but this thing seems to be beautiful.

I can't wait to watch it, and now I'm sad this show has been cancelled.

8. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Even seeing the first episode, Voices, in a language I don't have a very good grasp of (I am indeed of German ancestry - the name alone will tell you that - but unfortunately I don't speak German), I was utterly enchanted by it. I swear I'm not kidding, I was grinning like a little kid. :D

That's a good sign; it means that when I'm asking the films to give me this feeling, it's not an unrealistic expectation, and I'm not being too hard on them when they don't meet it. It means also that Star Wars as a franchise is still more than capable of reaching this level of quality, enchantment, awe, and joy - when it tries to. That makes for a good omen for the future of the franchise. If they play their cards right, if they keep holding themselves to this standard, the ST could end up being FANTASTIC.

The use of lighting and music is perfect. The score is not only making full, unabashed use of the leitmotives from the films, but using them in a way so perfectly arranged and balanced that I would, at this point, happily endorse the hiring of Kevin Kiner to do the scores for future films in the Saga if John Williams ever should become unable to do them (unsure that Williams would even WANT to do the spin-offs as well as the ST, I'm quite comfortable giving Kiner those gigs right now). The lighting well earns its praise because the use of the "firefly" effect, and the effect of reactive lighting on everything around it, made everything magical. Both of these elements, so perfectly used and coordinated, made Dagobah feel exactly like how it's supposed to feel - and that's without my even understanding what was being said.

I noticed, of course, the moment in which the fireflies settle in a dead little tree - for a few moments, Yoda was essentially hearing a voice from beyond coming from a burning bush. I have no objection to the mythical symbolism being a little obvious if it's done with taste, and I feel this was the very definition OF good taste with this imagery; hell, I'm just glad they even bothered. And that was just one standout moment in a sequence that was itself a standout - in an arc that I believe, in the years to come, will itself be seen as a standout of this series.

And the fact that this is the last story we see in this series in a televised visual format reminds me of my opinion that this series itself is a standout in television and in the franchise. It had to fight hard for every inch of respect from the fans, and it earned all that and THEN some. If this is how Lucas finishes up his affairs with us, then for all the issues I have had with how he sometimes does things, or some of the decisions he makes, at the end of the day I can confidently say that I am well satisfied by his farewell card, and find myself parting with him on good and friendly terms.

As an aside, I find myself curious: has anyone heard the name of the planet Yoda goes to in the follow-up episode, Destiny? I grant that I've been saying we've been too fixated on names at the expense of more important matters, but I trust my remarks above demonstrate my priorities. In any case, I don't ask for the same reason as the Moraband debate; I'm under no illusions that the planet is going to be named Tython, and if it were I would be shocked - perhaps pleasantly so, but shocked, nonetheless. In fact, I'm actually hoping that whatever name it is - if they even use one - would itself have a second layer of meaning, much as Moraband hearkens to "moribund" or "dying." Would it be called some variation on some word that means "living?" or some other positive, life-affirming term? It's THAT aspect of the question that I'm curious about.

9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I loved this arc. The scene at the temple with Dooku, Obi and Qui Gon... sigh... if only.

Plus dying Ahsoka.. that makes any episode great ; P

Darth_Zandalor, V-2, Cevan and 4 others like this.
  10. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    This Yoda arc was just amazing !! Pure starwars feeling. And Mark Hamill was awesome. What a character to bring into super canon whoooa ...

Darkslayer and InterestingLurker like this.
  11. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    The Clone Wars typically doesn't make me sad, but seeing Dooku stanging happily with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan was a really great moment. Ah, what could have been if he didn't go all evil.

16hungm, Darkslayer, Cevan and 4 others like this.
  12. atouchofanarchy

atouchofanarchy Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 13, 2011

Can you explain the context of this to me? Is it a vision Yoda sees or something?

13. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    Coric What do you mean by dying Ahsoka?

14. Master Kinard

Master Kinard Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2013
    How much does this arc spoil the events to be seen in ROTS?

15. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005

Yes, it is a vision. Yoda sees all the Jedi, even Qui-Gon and Dooku, hanging out in the temple courtyard. There is no war or sadness, and they ask Yoda to join them but he refuses.

16. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Hard to explain without spoiling the episode... but it was a vision. It wasn't real. I know GGrievous would enjoy that scene!

There are scenes from ROTS in visions Yoda has. (Animated of course)

17. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

ANAKINSKYWEEZER Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    Who does Mark Hamill voice?

18. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Darth Bane

19. ANAKINSKYWEEZER

ANAKINSKYWEEZER Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    :cool:

InterestingLurker and purplerain like this.
  20. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    "There is no life after death."

Says the undead Sith spirit. :rolleyes:

Bor Mullet and TheOneX_Eleazar like this.
  21. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    [face_laugh]

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  22. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    It wasn't a Sith spirit; it was the priestesses.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  23. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Hey, I'd rarther have the Sith rummaging about in their graves hypocritically than ruin all possbility of them ever doing anything.

Of course, that Bane may well have been a dark side illusion.

Either way though, despite some inconsistencies in the first episode, and some questionable revelations for the Jedi in the saga, this was an incredible arc overall. The last 2 episodes in particular were utterly mesmerizing. Korriban/Moraband was presented completely accurately, and we see Sith doing very, very Sithy things. We also saw Yoda meet what is very clearly a canon version of Lucas' Whills concept (even if they are not called such, it's obvious that's what they're meant to be). The final battle against Sidious was amazing and does not diminish their conflict in episode III at all. Rather, it is done in such a way as to show us how utterly sinister and manipulative he is.

Oh, and those bastards even managed to....

Kill Ashoka. Though it was only a vision, very, very unlikely to be a literal representation of her death. It does however make one wonder just how long she'll live after all. I'd say it's the episode's best kept secret cameo.

24. Why_So_Serious

Why_So_Serious Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 27, 2013
    From the episode guide:

25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The specter of undead Sith warriors - ghosts of the undead is definitely nothing close to anything living nor life after death. The specters, like Bane, were merely puppets controlled by the priestesses.