main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    That is what I said about TCW

2. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Here is my future for Star Wars...
    1. Star Wars Detours... Let it go to FOX, they know how to do Animated Comedies. Make it PG-13-y like Simpsons or King of the Hill

2. Star Wars: Underworld: ABC... Sunday night line up. Once Upon a Time, SHIELD, Star Wars: Underworld

3. Star Wars: Alliance: CGI show to replace TCW 6 seasons each a few years apart based loosely on the books.
    Season 1: X Wing Series/Fall of Imperial Coruscant (Introduce Corran Horn and Kyle Katarn)
    Season 2: Thrawn Trilogy/Birth of Solo Kid(s) (Introduce Mara, Thrawn, Karde, and Solo Kids... maybe not Anakin)
    Season 3: Jedi Academy Trilogy/I,Jedi/Young Jedi Knights (Introduce Lowie)
    Season 4: New Jedi Order (Don't kill Chewie)
    Season 5: Legacy Downplayed...
    Episode VII takes place here

4. Live action X Wing Series... Yeah I said it

3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I'll give Detours a shot. Maybe Seth and Matt can give it some Animaniacs like charm which is what the preview reminded me of. We'll see. If I had it my way we'd get an adult SW comedy from Adam Reed. =b

4. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Personally I'm glad Detours isn't "adult" comedy. I never got into that Robot Chicken stuff.

5. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Robot Chicken really hasn't been very funny to me since like the 2nd season other than the SW specials, IMO. I have enjoyed the most recent season more because of all the 90s references. I find Adam Reed's Sealab 2021, Frisky Dingo, and Archer to be superior.

6. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Even though Im thinking about Rebels recently, my thoughts are also to the potential future of star wars cartoon series post Rebels, and what Lucasfilm/Disney plans to do.

If there was another star wars series sometime in the future, what do you want them to do?

I think that the dark time era could be revisited in animation format, even after Rebels. I want to see the earliest years of the Empire, soon after ROTS (unlike its presentation in Rebels, which is basically how it is in the OT), where Clone Troopers are still in use Phase 2 armor (and other Republic based technology, while also seeing a gradual phase to the new Empire technology). Also in the earliest years of the Empire, there would likely be more Jedi survivors, then say during the later years of the dark time that Rebels takes place in, so we can see more of the Jedi Purge that way. Also because the show would be closer to the time frame of TCW then Rebels, I think there is more of a chance in seeing TCW characters in it, then say Rebels.

I also think the PT era could be revisited, and unlike the PT films and TCW, show a galaxy that is not engaged in a Galactic War. I do think it would be a good idea to have a show set Pre-TPM with Qui Gon Jinn and his apprentice Obiwan, and their adventures (even have an episode in which he first meets Satine), or perhaps a show set during the 10 years between TPM and ATOC following Obiwan and his relationship between young Anakin.

Or perhaps set a show during the OT years, or even a show set post-ROTJ but before Episode 7, helping to fill in the long gap between the two films.

What do you think? If there was another star wars animated project, what would you like to see?

7. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    Rebels does not make sense. ANH and the rebell alliance are the rebels. tHE one and ONLY rebels!

Some kids and a failed agricorps Padawan (Kanan) can´t be a threat for the Empire.

And that Inquisitorius guy is also a cheap solution. Why would the emperor need such rebound guys if he has Vader and a limitless ammount of stormtroopers, Stardestroyers, Agents, Spiedroids and what not.

Every surviving Force user is a potencial threat for the Emperor.

Vader'sGoodHand likes this.
  8. AdmiralScreedFan

AdmiralScreedFan Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2014
    I would like to see a TV series about Yoda. It could start with him being a Jedi Padawan and end right before the events of TPM. I think it would be really cool to see his backstory and to see more of that timeline before TPM.

darklordoftech likes this.
  9. SeinEwigerSchatten

SeinEwigerSchatten Jedi Padawan star 1

May 10, 2013
    Rofl. that series would last 900 years.

darklordoftech likes this.
  10. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'd love to see more Tartakovsky, or more of an animated comic book style. I'd love to see Ralph McQuarrie illustrations come to life, minus the Disney antigravity hair and expressions. McQuarrie au natural.

TrandoJedi likes this.
  11. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Animation that isn't so stiff please? Or how about getting Blur Studios to turn those Old Republic trailers into a TV series? Most expensive cartoon ever!

Force Smuggler likes this.
  12. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    How about another 2D show?

13. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    I would like to see further adventures of Luke, Han, Leia and co. after the events of Return of the Jedi.

14. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    A show set in between TPM and AOTC would be nice. We could see the Jedi actually being peacekeepers.

15. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I've always wanted to have adventures around the OT with the animation style of the microseries.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  16. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Properly done space battles. In which the crews remember that space is 3 dimensional and has no up or down. For some reason starship crews in SW seem to act like they have forgotten this a lot of the time.

17. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005

I think you are failing to take into account that there will be a large cast of other characters in Rebels that we will be introduced to over the years. Remember there are likely Rebellion groups like the characters we are being introduced to in these trailers all over the galaxy. A large part of the show will most likely be about how those groups align together and form the Rebel Alliance.

18. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    I think we can pretty much count on the next cartoon series taking place inbetween Ep. 6 and 7

TaradosGon likes this.
  19. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    a show set post-ROTJ but before Episode 7 sounds good or something like kotor.

20. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Either a show between ROTJ and Episode VII, or something far removed from the events of the films. I think a huge potential keeps getting missed every time they come back to the same characters and time frame.

Lucas has spoken of both of the rise and fall of the Sith, the latter of which was alluded to in TCW with Darth Bane's appearance in the Yoda arc. Having a show about the conflict that occurred 1,000 years before TPM would be welcome - IMO.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd like realistic animation for one. I'd also like to see the Empire Humanised but yeah not holding my breath.

22. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I'd love to see something more experimental visually. Anything. No archetypal retreads please.

But I know, I know. We paid good money for these focus groups and marketers. Brand, franchise, hamburgers. Over 300 trillion sold! Are you not entertained?

bstnsx704 likes this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    TOR style anything would be awesome. Can't wait for the series bridging the gap between ROTJ and Episode 7. A series between TPM and AOTC is a must as well. The micro-series animation could be re-used as well at any point.

24. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    A series following the adventures of Obi-Wan under Qui-gon's tutelage? Or one on Dooku and Qui-gon? Or one on Yoda and Dooku?

Maybe something on the warrior past of Mandalore that is frequently alluded to in TCW? A lot of possibilities, although I think the former May be more likely.

25. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    I really hope that they never do anything like the TOR trailers. Those are some of the worst Star Wars material that I've ever seen. Talk about uninspired...

Haven't seen very much TCW, but I like the look of it. It's different, but it feels Star Wars to me. I echo FRAGWAGON 's sentiments about Rebels. Cool seeing the McQuarrie stuff brought to life, but something about the characters themselves seems off.

FRAGWAGON likes this.