main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info SPOILER ALERT! (help each other avoid spoilers here)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by A Chorus of Disapproval , Sep 2, 2013.

1. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    I'm still quite the n00b about all this, but the rate and type of info floating about definitely seems to be picking up significantly, so to those who are determined to stay unspoiled, take heed:

Frank T. likes this.
  2. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    You non-spoiler types are going to have a much tougher go about it on Facebook & other social media platforms, assuming you're a part of them of course.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm not bothering with being unspoiled. Too much of a disruption of my everyday life to do it.

DarthTunick likes this.
  4. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    The problem with being spoiler-free is you have to make sure your well-meaning casual fan friends all know your boundaries...

Frank T. likes this.
  5. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [face_laugh]

6. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    MODified: Let's not push the boundaries of what others may consider spoilers.

7. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Today's been rather HUGE in terms of spoilers, so for many of you (more so on social media, etc, then around the JC) do be careful.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Fortunately I'm fine with knowing what actors will be in the movie, and when the time comes, what characters they play.

Not opening any set picture threads in 7SA though.

9. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Leave it to TMZ to be the main source (thus far) of those on-set pictures. Though of course many, many years ahead of me (class of '68 for him, class of '04 for me), the fellow who founded it/helps to run the operation, one Harvey Levin, is an alum of my high school: Grover Cleveland High of Reseda, CA. I think that's kind of cool. :p

10. Rickern

Rickern Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Be extra careful. Lately you don't need to open anything to meet the spoilers face to face.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Let's please be careful and not even give hints here as to the types of spoilers being discussed in the SA forum.

Frank T. likes this.
  12. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000

Yeah, I feel like I'm going to have to pull an AA type sobriety announcement for Star Wars spoilers. I mean, I knew everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) going into RotS, and while it didn't actually spoil the movie - I have a good feeling that's because I already knew what was going to happen anyway. I mean, we all did. With the EU out the window and a story moving forward, this is the first time in my life I can truly be surprised by a Star Wars movie. (I was three when Jedi came out - so while I remember it vividly, everything was a surprise to me at that age. Doesn't count.)

Frank T. likes this.
  13. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
  14. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I mean, seriously what can we even discuss? I don't even know what my post read before someone edited it, since this place is a virtual ghost town I only check it about once a week. If I'm not wanted here, I can take a hint.

15. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    My reminder above was not directed at you, it was a general reminder to not reference specific things being discussed in the Spoilers Allowed forums. People get carried away and say things like "well, we can't discuss 'A' here"... and right there they've potentially exposed that 'A' is even a thing being discussed in the first place.

What you posted earlier that got removed was a video, which was being discussed in the SA forum at that time. It was borderline, which is why it simply got removed with the reminder that replaced it. Also, I don't even know where you got "If I'm not wanted here" from. Everyone's welcome, people just can't discuss spoilers here.

TheYodaPagoda likes this.
  16. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    Thanks for the kind welcome, EHT, I think I wasn't so perturbed at being moderated, but the whole post was edited and I didn't have a frame of reference to what I had done wrong, no moderator's message saying anything either. Now I realize what I had posted! I thought, perhaps wrongly, that it fit into the 'Official Info' tag. I promise I'll be more careful from now on!

EHT likes this.
  17. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Regarding "official info," is there anyone in this forum who is also out there in the spoilerish world, and is going to post "official info" here for those of us cowering from spoilers? I want to get the latest bits of official news, but I am afraid to look anywhere for fear of seeing something i should not.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Official news like the officially announced cast and crew, release dates, filming dates, etc.? We have a locked thread in the SA forum that gets updated by mods with any officially announced info like that. We could put it here too, but those looking at it would have to accept that some officially announced info could be considered a spoiler to them.

19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Regarding my post above... a new locked thread stickied at the top of this forum contains a link over to the "officially confirmed info" thread that resides in the SA forum. Take a look at the notes there above the link, and if you're OK with all that, click and enjoy. :)

stormcloud8 likes this.
  20. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Perfect! Much appreciated.

EHT likes this.
  21. TheYodaPagoda

Apr 23, 2002
    I'm slightly nervous to click the link...does it have information about characters (character names, occupations, vague references to roles), and the actors playing them? Besides the obvious ones, anyway.

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Not yet. But, the thread will more than likely encompass those sorts of details once there are official announcements. While we have seen certain planets and vehicles, they have not been officially announced, so the thread is devoid of even that sort of thing... for now. It's more cast, cinematography team, etc. But, in general, the news is starting to flood out, so good luck to you in your quest, good sir.

EHT likes this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Just an FYI... there may be actual spoilers starting in 7SA.... you have been warned.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  24. stormcloud8

May 24, 2002
    Good to know. Final proof that there can be no going back!

25. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    WTF?! Why is there a production photo at the top of this forum?