main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Which piece of Star Wars music always gives you tingles down the spine?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Hermi_Odle, Dec 5, 2012.

1. fuzzbox77

fuzzbox77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 31, 2008
    I'm going to go with the following:

*The Battle of Hoth
    *Ewok Celebration (Film Version)
    *The Emperor's Death
    *Chasm Crossfire
    *The Clash of Lightsabers
    *The Throne Room/End Title
    *Attacking a Star Destroyer

and...

*Lapti Nek (Film Version/Dub Mix from the 12" single)

2. AstroFan428

AstroFan428 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 3, 2003
    Anakin's Dark Deeds

3. IBYM

IBYM Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 17, 2014
    I really like the music used at the end of the ESB, .

DNateos and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. FRAGWAGON

FRAGWAGON Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Hard to describe, but those thrilling notes right at the end of the credits, where the violins go ridiculously high before the big finish. Chills!!

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Agreed. I love the high strings. Actually the bit of score that I love the most that always gives me the aforementioned "tingles," would be The bit that you can hear in The beginning of one of the web documentaries for revenge of the Sith – namely, The one that goes behind-the-scenes with John Williams score for the movie…

I know this is pretty obscure (and unless you kept the bonus disc from ROTS, it'll be hard to find) but this section can be found in the late first half of the end credits for episode III. Incredible!

6. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
  7. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I'm very surprised no one has said about Ahsoka's leaving theme! Here it is in poor quality:
    and if you want a better version look here http://www.kevinkiner.com/music/# under clone wars and its the first track. I just wish they had released it on CD

8. Padawan Fangirl

Padawan Fangirl Jedi Padawan star 3

Nov 28, 2013
    Duel of the Fates
    Qui-Gon's Noble End
    Across the Stars
    Love Pledge and the Arena(especially in ROTS)
    Battle of the Heroes
    The Imperial March
    Ben Kenobi's Death/TIE Fighter Attack
    Battle of Yavin(or whatever the name of that track is)
    Battle of Hoth
    The version of the Imperial March that plays when Anakin dies.

Tl;dr John Williams' music gives me the feels.

Sent from my stupid little astro droid using TapaTalk 2.

9. Darth Maul Apprentice

Darth Maul Apprentice Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2014
    Definitely Duel of the Fates

10. MrCody

MrCody Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 4, 2013
    For me its across the stars, its so peaceful and such a beautiful piece of music. The picture as well or Anakin and Padme goes well with it. Makes me sad knowing what all is going to happen.

Prisic Duskleap and Carrie Walsh like this.
  11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I suppose it would be wise to include this actual passage of soundtrack to supplement my most recent post…

Here it is (right at the opening):

Definitely my favorite bit of soundtrack score of all time!

Such breathtaking high strings…

Prisic Duskleap and FRAGWAGON like this.
  12. ColemanKcajFTW

ColemanKcajFTW Jedi Master star 1

Jan 14, 2014
    Anakin's Betrayal always shivers me timbers.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Two more for me.

Anakin's Dream - specifically when it hits the point where Anakin and Padme start talking, at 1:46

Finally, Padme's Ruminations - the most powerful scene of the saga, the best piece of music as well.

14. Darth Cyn

Darth Cyn Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 8, 2014
    I'd say either Birth of the Twins,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YOUTUBDHD]Uc_o_Y-QHt4[/YOUTUBEHD]

Anakin's Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YOUTUBEHD]Uc_o_Y-QHt4[/YOUTUBEHD]

, or Battle of Heroes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YOUTUBEHD]Uc_o_Y-QHt4[/YOUTUBEHD]

Mostly because they're all the saddest songs, I mean, one represents a man going insane from love, another represents a horrible ending to a brotherly friendship, and the last (birth of the twins) basically just sums up the tragedy of the film.

15. Sokolniki

Sokolniki Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2014
    Into the Trap and A Jedi's Fury.

Into the Trap is frightening because it starts up as it is revealed just how effectively the Emperor had fooled the Rebels to launch what should have been a doomed assault and would have crushed the Rebellion.

Jedi's Fury because we see briefly that Luke was at last losing it and had taken a precarious step towards the Dark Side, not out of greed or a desire for vengeance, but out of attachment to Leia and his friends and we see just how sinister the Emperor really is to try to turn one's love for others against them by using it to drive them down a dark road.

16. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Throne Room/End Title for me.

and maybe the piece when Han is getting frozen in carbonite, the kiss, "I know", and all that. Is that Han Solo and the Princess?

FRAGWAGON likes this.
  17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    The carbon freezing chamber scenes both prior to and after Han is frozen is my favourite piece.

18. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    That moment when Sidious goes: It's treason, then.

19. Yeahvin4

Yeahvin4 Jedi Youngling

Dec 10, 2013
    Tough choice since there's too many to mention for the OT.

for the PT, I was really moved with the piece when Qui Gon was bringing Ani to the ship when Ani turns back and embraces/talks to his mother one last time before he leaves. Another is the scene where Qui Gonn is talking to Shmi over who was Ani's father.

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  20. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Even though the scene is not my favorite (though it is a good one), Duel of the Fates! It's just so...epic! I'm getting shivers just thinking about it.

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  21. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    I do enjoy listening to Anakin's Dark Deeds. There's a certain poetry in Anakin killing the Separatist leaders while Palpatine declares himself Emperor to the applause of the Senate. Palpatine seizes his Empire just as the final threats to his power are eliminated. Watching the demise of the Separatists also gives us an idea of how Anakin killed the Jedi in the Temple, since we never get to really see that in the film.

I'd be remiss if I didn't mentioned that I love how that piece starts. Obi-Wan and Yoda are infiltrating the desolate Jedi Temple, seeing the corpses of the Jedi in horror and Obi-Wan wonders who could have done it.

22. Chewbaccon

Chewbaccon Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2014
    "Yoda's Theme" is basically my medicine. I just cannot feel bad after listening to it. I always feel like there is something more...something magical out there after hearing it. That is when Star Wars got seriously "spiritual" for me. I was a little one but still, I sensed something more at that time. That and it reminds me of being at the Cinedome in OC, CA circa 1980 chomping on Milk Duds, Popcorn and a Coke...or was it Red Vines?

Edit: I guess I assumed "tingles" meant chills in general but now I see this meant "scary." In that case, what everyone else said! LOL

yodafan1031 likes this.
  23. yodafan1031

yodafan1031 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 15, 2014
    Not to derail the thread...but I gotta agree on what you said about Yoda's theme though.

24. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I get excited when I imagine seeing John Williams conducting an orchestra play the part in TESB when Luke is snooping around Cloud City before Boba Fett starts shooting at him.
    Other than that, the twin sunsets music and music playing when Obi-Wan meets Luke (used in the beginning of the TPM trailer) is what comes to mind the most and makes me feel eager about seeing Star Wars more times.

25. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    ROTJ victory celebration is the best starwars song ever, it always bring a tear in my eye.