main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate The Expanded Universe Senate

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012

That brings up a question I have. What would the club/community be complaining about? (I don't like the word hate, complain sounds a little less harsh). As of right now there are no release dates for possible Legends novels. Would the discussion be about old novels, or what Disney chooses to leave out and include. Because if this is about Disney we have a thread for that, I think.

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    If we were to have it, they can discuss the new EU and the old. No need to differentiate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrazyOldHermit and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  3. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    This was a thread that was very active back in the early 2000's. It was started by Barnesthefatjedi and continued on by Kansas Navy. Do not get hung up on the name 'Haters,' in many ways it was a tongue in cheek statement. The people who posted there weren't Haters of the EU, they loved the EU, and this provided a place where people could talk or point out things that just bothered them about some of the books. examples of this are the Star Trekian villain Waru, Callista, Mara Jade and Lando (before that was retconned) The Glove of Darth Vader, and other topics. Much of it was tongue in cheek and definitely oriented to humor then circular meanness.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sinrebirth and Runjedirun like this.
  4. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Then, the moderators must make sure the thread would be used for such purposes only.

5. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    Agreed. We are the "Expanded Universe" Community after all. Doesn't matter which universe it is. There may be some people that are only fans of one or the other. It should be left open to all.

Agreed as well.

6. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    I am fine with the thread being unlocked. If anyone is opposed or has concerns. Now is the time to speak up :)

7. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I'm sure it would help to consolidate new posts regarding things community members "don't" like about Legends/EU. I've seen several posts pop up recently with the Legends change that have gotten locked because threads already exist, so having one that people are pointed too will be an over-all help.

Sinrebirth and Runjedirun like this.
  8. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    And, if it were keeping with tradition, the 'hate' should be witty and entertaining. I would go so far as to put something in the rules of the thread that posts that say "Darth Maul" sucks will be deleted, or something to the effect. It is not intended to just be a random graffiti board, but rather a place to get a well thought out grievance off your chest.

Example.

I hate the Dark Nest Trilogy.

Of all the things in the EU, this rubs me the wrong way in ways that only being dropped into a coffin filled with hissing cockroaches can be compared to. I know, I know, it was an attempt at finding some sort of other heel to the OP Jedi that had developed after the NJO, but c'mon... bug orgies? mind control? When I wasn't falling asleep between the obnoxious mixed signals that Bella...I mean Jaina was throwing out between Edward and Jacob, I mean Zekk and Thrawn Jr., I was squirming to find the can of RAID, and getting indigestion from all the names I couldn't pronounce in my head without straining a muscle. Plus all the drama...secret babies, Jedi Water boarding...it was all over the top. But back to the bugs- I could have ended the entire ordeal by calling in this guy:

[​IMG]

To me I think that the Dark Nest signals the "We've ran out of things to throw at the Jedi...now what?" phase of the EU before they decided to start killing off main characters again. It was definitely not the crowning achievement of the GFFA, but at least it wasn't the Glove of Darth Vader. Moffship away!

9. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Good Afternoon :)

I took office in February. Meaning my term is up next month. I think we should start nominations for the next Chancellor.

I'd also like to do a senator roll call. I've checked the activity of fan clubs and here is a list of eligible senators

1. CrazyOldHermit (current vice chancellor)
    2. GOL BultarSwan
    3. Wes Janson Fan Club Admiral Volshe
    4. Mandaloria FC Mandalore The Uniter
    5. BMC Skywalker_T-65
    6. X-Wing FC Katana_Sundancer
    7. Imperial Remnant General Immodet
    8. KOTOR/SWTOR FC General Valerian

If your name is listed here please check in. Or if you feel I left you out please let me know. Remember that we decided only fanclubs/threads who had been active within the last 28 days should be eligible to vote. Also I do know that Falcon had been filling in for Swan, not sure if that is still the case or not.

Please check in if you are a senator so we know who is here to vote. Also if your thread/fanclub is not represented and you want to be pick someone and let me know via pm or reply to this thread so that person can be added.

Nominations can begin for the next term now. Please nominate candidates in this thread. thank you :)

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Sinrebirth of the New Sith Order reporting in.

11. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    Sky-Guy for the BMC is here.

Runjedirun likes this.
  12. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Do the Sith want to be represented again? I thought you all had decided not to participate. You are most welcome though and I apologize if I have misremembered.

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We shall indulge democracy for now.

You have not misremembered.

Runjedirun likes this.
  14. Mandalore The Uniter

Mandalore The Uniter Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    The Mandos, as always, are gearing up for battle. ;)

Runjedirun and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  15. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    The only way you would get my vote to agree to unlock the hate thread is if you promise to keep it civilized. I remember some of the members got nasty with others who liked the characters they didn't like. This is the reason the thread was locked in the first place.

I'm still around :)

BultarSwan and Runjedirun like this.
  16. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001

Wow, hey there, Falcon! Yeah, as with any thread, people did get nasty. I agree, we would need to enforce civility.

Runjedirun likes this.
  17. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002

18. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Falcon.

1. It is not your place to dictate terms, nor to tell other users what they can or cannot discuss.
    2. The Senate has moved on (per the Chancellor) to discussing/nominations for a new Chancellor. The focus should be on that until a new Chancellor is chosen.

[​IMG]

19. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    It went beyond discussing things, Bardan. There was a lot of fighting behind the scenes in pms and it got bad.

My apologies Wildwookiee, I have reservations about allowing this thread to be resurrected.

20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I don't care, that is not what we are discussing. The discussion I referred to is the one being held now in the Senate, not the Hater's thread itself. The discussion of resurrecting that thread is on hold until new leadership can be elected.

[​IMG]

21. Falcon

Feb 7, 2002
    I nominate to reelect RunJediRun for chair

22. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    The Vice Chancellor is here. ;)

Falcon and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  23. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I'm here! Sorry I haven't been around much, guys. My mum and dad have been really sick, so it's been hectic.

24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I'd second that.

[​IMG]

Falcon likes this.
  25. Runjedirun

Sep 3, 2012
    Good to see you :) Really sorry to hear about your mom and dad, hope they are better soon [:D]

[face_blush] I accept.

Falcon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.