main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Filming Announcement -- May 2014

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by -polymath-, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012

I thought the same thing, but then I received 3 tips from 3 different sources that the image was legit and that Santos didn't know that someone published them. It's all in the third update of that article but I sense something's fishy...

Django Fett likes this.
  2. thisguyisnotajedi

thisguyisnotajedi Jedi Knight star 3

May 16, 2014
    How much do you trust your source/sources?

3. Crankcase

Crankcase Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 20, 2012

I'll tell you what I think. I think Rey Santos was really involved with Episode VII. Now I don't really bite the story that a close family member leaked the photo with the darkside creature. I think this is a damage control. But as I said before I might be wrong. The only certain thing from this story is that this picture is indeed legit, no matter if it was leaked intentionally or not.

thisguyisnotajedi likes this.
  4. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    I also thought that the Nightsister one was a Kardashian level of fake.

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Count me into this group as well! :p

6. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Lol, and me ;) Everyone's at it!

7. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Starwars7news is my fav site out there for Ep 7 news, IMHO they are killing it right now posting tons of new stuff pretty much daily, I don't expect 60 Minutes level of journalism I appreciate getting everything passed on to us fans rather than all these people chiming in "oh we knew this for months and didn't say anything" yah the hell with that I would rather hear it all and let the fans decide what to believe. So good job guys, keep up the good work.

8. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    Looks legit to me. Pretty cool!

9. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    I agree. It sucks that we have to scour message boards to get the scoops because most sites simply won't post the information they're holding. Bring back the spoilerific internet days of the late 90s when the movie fan websites posted anything and everything!

10. Young Yoda

Young Yoda Jedi Knight star 1

May 4, 2014
    Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  11. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    LFL's being thorough

12. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Your right, I checked, and sure enough those are different from the tusken tents. I have watched the Prequels many times; I should have known that. I also thought that doorway went into the hill. 8-}

13. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    I guess it's just someone doing their job, but why bother removing the pretty innocuous photo? And confirming its authenticy? At any rate it does seem like leaks can and will happen, despite maximum security

14. Corvax855

Jan 23, 2011
    There's a user on IMDB that's been saying for a while that there was an outdoor Tatooine set on the backlot of Pinewood. This spy pic pretty much confirms that, which means they were probably telling the truth. What's interesting is that the user also described several indoor sets: an icy planet that may or may not be Hoth which is to be conjoined with exteriors shot in Iceland, a forested tree dwelling location that looks different from Endor and Kashyk, along with a massive set that looks like an Imperial hangar bay.

Lurknomore likes this.
  15. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Well its IMDB anybody can say anything and anybody can pretend to be a crew member. Also anybody can create a Star wars rumor about them returning to old places cause it's a lot easier than making rumors of new places (that would require imagination). :p

16. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I really hope this movie isn't going to just going to be locations we've seen before [face_plain]. The imperial hangar bay intrigues me though.

17. -Redacted-

-Redacted- Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 2, 2013
    I'm upset that I missed this.. But I still saw the picture so all is good.

I would love to know what they are shooting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Did they describe the Tatooine set accurately or did they just claim there was one without going into detail?

19. Corvax855

Jan 23, 2011
    Just that it was very, very obviously Tatooine. The user said they weren't able to get on the set, only that they could see it from a vantage point.

20. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Pics or it didn't happen :p

TheBBP likes this.
  21. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Just found an article with pictures confirming that Oscar Isaac is in London now too. So with him and Harrison now confirmed to be there, we've got these folks all ready to go for filming:

JJ Abrams
    Daisy Ridley
    John Boyega
    Andy Serkis
    Peter Mayhew
    Carrie Fisher
    Harrison Ford
    Oscar Isaac

Mark Hamill, where are you???

Claire1976 and Darth_Bertie like this.
  22. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    Mark will be at Star Wars Weekends this weekend (starting this Friday), so perhaps he doesn't start filming until after that.

23. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    The whole third group of actors of the announcement pic is missing: Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels and Domhnall Gleeson.

Lurknomore and Claire1976 like this.
  24. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Good call, didn't think about that. Could be significant. Although in fairness, it wouldn't take much more than an hour for Domhnall to hop on a plane from Ireland when he's needed.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  25. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep, but if Mark is needed on the Star Wars Weekends, LFL has probably schedule his parts to start after the otherĀ“s ones. And if, as it is safe to asume, Anthony Daniels and Domhnall Gleeson have a lot of scenes with Mark Hamill, they are probably the actors to start later the filming as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.