main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Pilot log DDC 2014 completed

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 1, 2014.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Obviously the Empire had reason to question him, but I'm sure that his ordeal is not totally over.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  2. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Wow, very intense that his parents are rebels. Makes things complicated!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    very complicated but there is some respite as you will see in the next entry

Entry 15
    Entering code *******

I had to report to the great hangar in ceremonial dress. I donned the slate grey uniform and black boots. A cap of the same grey colour was on my head and a patch identified me as TIE fighter pilot SE-15-5.

Captain Needa is away. He has been promoted to the rank of captain. Fleet Admiral Kendal Ozzel, commander of the Star Dreadnought Executor and the Imperial Death Squadron, placed Needa in command of the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Avenger.
    A small white transport landed and out came an imposing grey haired man with piercing black eyes. He saluted us and said “at ease, I am your new commander.”

He is Admiral Niquel Aneda.
    Lorth Needa welcomed him and praised us.

Admiral Aneda thanked Captain Needa and congratulated him with the promotion to the Avenger. He even came to greet me personally when Captain Needa told him that I was there when the Emperor was rescued from the Invisible Hand. Needa played a great role too, alerting the Jedi and the firespeeders.

Captain Needa didn’t tell about my parents and their rebel friends. I don’t know why. He sure saved me from Imperial intelligence and their nasty questions when he came to send Jess and me on that mission.

Encrypting and signing off.

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Needa is my hero!

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Needa got a well-deserved promotion and Dorian's relief is tangible. :)

6. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Great that Needa is helping Dorian out as he receives the promotion that he deserves.

7. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004
    Nice there is respite! I liked it :)

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He is safe for the moment

Entry 16
    Entering code *******

Admiral Aneda is a nice man. He comes to the hangar after we come back from missions and congratulates us personally after a successful mission. And we have had a lot of those missions the last two years.
    Mory is still in my squadron and Jess Garovan is still my room mate.

Jess is studying. He wants to become – like me – a pilot for the Lambda. I help him of course but that can lead to a new room mate.

Each year I have taken some time to remember my friend Tage Marcs and I will be doing that again in a few days with the few guys who knew him. Commander Jerrico will come. He has been promoted and is now head of a TIE-bomber squadron.

I have a new commander. He is William Lemmisk and a very formal person.
    And he likes Jose Alarda.
    I found out why. Lemmisk was telling about his academy days and mentioned Trip Shanks. Jose had a big smile on his face.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  9. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Admiral Aneda is a nice man. He comes to the hangar after we come back from missions and congratulates us personally after a successful mission. And we have had a lot of those missions the last two years.

Some officers in the Imperial fleet know about motivation! :D

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    They do and are just the military types at home everywhere

Entry 17
    Entering code *******
    Commander Lemmisk doesn’t know that my parents had aided that Jedi and had escaped. I won’t tell him either and my new bunk mate – Jose Alarda – doesn’t get to know anything about me.

Yeah I have him and have to listen to his endless bla-bla. He is telling about his family in high positions in the imperial forces.
    Jess Garrovan finished his study and opted to become a lambda pilot only. He left two days ago our quarters resulting for me being paired with pain in the posterior Alarda. The guy is now my wingman.

Alarda likes to talk about uncle this and that being guard this and captain that and arresting and interrogating rebels. Yesterday he was very annoying and telling some very old news about uncle Trip Shanks being injured during a great campaign to destroy a rebel stronghold. And where was Shanks taken? To Ganaris where he recovered and failed to come back to the base after a boat-trip with a Jedi hunter named Laie Drik.
    What was that hunter doing on Ganaris? More Jedi there?

Alarda telling about Ganaris had me dreaming about my rebel parents. Had they something to do with Shanks and Drik failing to report back to base?
    Maybe I have talked in my sleep. Jose and his friends – all clones – gave me suspicious looks this morning when I came into the changing room before starting my shift.
    I have a message and have to go.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  11. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I'm caught up. Either you write too fast or I read too slow. Nice updates!

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Once a week and now after a longer time

Entry 18

Entering code *******

That message was from Commander Lemmisk. I had to report to his office immediately and there was a commander from the special ops division asking for my help.
    First I had to sign a document. I read it and got the shivers.
    Revealing of anything and I am in dire straits or as you have it here in the imperial navy under the torture of one of those blinking black spheres applying those hideously large syringes to whatever is suited for injecting agonizing drugs in your system and meeting the wrong end of an airlock after that interrogation. I signed the document and stated that I was a loyal imperial serving the emperor.

I am!

I have heard stories from our instructors about the atrocities rebels do when they capture an imperial. Those rebels who don’t have droids get you to talk using hideous methods that match our droids in cruelty. They deprive you of sleep for weeks keeping the lights on and loud music playing in your man sized box that is your prison and have you on a water only diet. And yeah that water is used to give you the feeling that you are drowning.

Commander Lemmisk was pleased but not that much. See, after completing the mission I will get a promotion and an assignment to one of the TIE-fighter squadrons stationed on the Executor. And it will get me a single cabin.

I was shown a short holopic taken a year ago of a guy looking like me and attending the Boonta Eve Podrace on Tatooine. Special ops have arrested him days ago. I have to go on a solo mission, land my TIE in one of the berths in Mos Eisley, take a transport to the imperial base in Mos Espa, become him and mingle with the spectators.

I had to follow the special ops commander and met with one of his instructors. He told me more about rebels and showed me my special comlink. It has a tracking feature which will be activated on the day of the race. That leaves me with a few days to enjoy myself on Tatooine after giving special ops a message that I have arrived.
    I have heard that Tatooine is a dull planet with sand, rocks, sand and more sand and rocks and some nasty beasts living in that sand.

Hangar Control is signalling.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hmmmm. The propaganda is fierce indeed and yet, at the moment, he has no reason to believe the Rebels are any less than ruthless.

14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Tatooine does indeed have lots of sand; but hopefully Dorian uses his time wisely there.

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I have heard that Tatooine is a dull planet with sand, rocks, sand and more sand and rocks and some nasty beasts living in that sand.

Nasty beasts? But Ani moved off planet, got himself a new name, then an involuntary face lift and a job to stick to for the rest of his life... :p

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    but it will change
    sand yes and ...
    At least he wasn't there with all the interesting persons hiding on the planet

Entry 19
    Entering code *******

I will need a different encryption code after writing this entry.

I am now in the medbay of a transport to Alderaan but I woke up in a Tatooine hospital.

Writing in my log is a bit awkward with a hand attached to an IV line and the left arm in a splint. My legs have splints too. I am wearing a diaper and have a catheter. Yeah I have been in a crash. There had been an angry red light blinking on the navcomp and I tried to evade the object that was flying my way. I failed and must have lost consciousness after landing in a big sand-dune.

A weird old man rescued me and brought me to the medical facilities of the arena in Mos Espa. He was there with a very nice and good looking lady when I woke up. The old man asked who I was. I told him that I was an imperial pilot. I gave no name yet because I thought that he was a rebel and beginning with friendly talk before going to the real interrogations. He told me that I have a severe concussion and had been unconscious for two days. I have to stop. A nurse is here.

RX_Sith and AzureAngel2 like this.
  17. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am now in the medbay of a transport to Alderaan but I woke up in a Tatooine hospital.

Seeing the fate of Alderaan Tatooine is not a bad place to stay.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice tie-backs to to other fics =D= Dorian will have some life-changing revelations soon I am thinking. :cool:

19. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Did Obi-Wan rescue him?

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes but first there is more to come
    He will
    ;)[face_thinking]

Entry 20
    I forgot to encrypt my diary but I will do that after writing more about my rescue.

Nice looking lady – by the way her name is Tonia Egvards – told me that I will make a full recovery. And she said that Imperial justice is harsh and that they don’t care for a life at all.

Is that carelessness reflected in our TIE fighter without shielding? Or in Tage wearing – as captain – his slate grey uniform offering no protection at all?
    I too begin to think that the empire sees us as easy to replace units. Most TIE squadrons and almost all stormtrooper squads are now clone dominated with only the leading men normal humans. Clones were easy to be replaced in the great republic seperatist war too. And I am wondering. Did emperor Palpatine stage that war to exterminate the Jedi and get his clone army?

I failed to report to the special ops on the Endeavour and would be in big trouble. Mister suspicious guy Jose Alarda will have visited Lemmisk asking where I was. And Lemmisk – eager to follow what I had to do on my mission – will have contacted special ops. Big trouble would come from my comlink. I have become a wanted person. The imps can follow the thing and yes they did.

Tonia assured me that her friends can provide me with safety.
    And that assurance and what happened next had me joining the rebels. They asked me to encrypt my diary again.

Oops the nurse is back. Entering encryption code *+*+*+*

AzureAngel2 and RX_Sith like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D :D Now Dorian has put things together proper. :)

22. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Becoming a Rebel makes sense since he has failed both his mission and the Empire.

23. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    [​IMG]

That comment made me think about this drawing.

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Tonia assured me that her friends can provide me with safety.
    And that assurance and what happened next had me joining the rebels. They asked me to encrypt my diary again.

Oops the nurse is back. Entering encryption code *+*+*+*

You never fail to surprise me, birdy. [:D]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    He has and nice things will follow

he begins to understand