main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A&A The Official Jason Fry Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 4, 2012.

1. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No worries. Stay safe and watch out for Vikings.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

2. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    And trolls. And geysers, though I think they are just a myth.

MercenaryAce and darthosaka like this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Then I have to ask if you know about the webcomic Stand Still. Stay Silent.?

4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    No, he'll need the trolls to protect him if he gets turned into ice.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    But what if they marry him? Do the tourist guides mention what is the proper etiquette? I know that when raised by wolves you must not complain of the name of the city you and your brother found.

6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012

7. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    I wouldn't worry too much. They'd probably just be trolling him.

Weddings in the north are pretty dangerous, anyway.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

MercenaryAce and Valin__Kenobi like this.
  8. Lugija

Oct 3, 2009
    I've been to a few northern weddings. Outside one bride stealing - which upset the younglings - I don't recall much rumpus.

But I'm reminded of another tip for a traveller: Watch out for ogres and donkeys riding dragons. They like to crash weddings.

9. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Ah yes, the ring cycle. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

jSarek likes this.
  10. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Forgive a bit of mercenary-dom, but this one's too good not to share: The ebook of my YA space fantasy The Jupiter Pirates: Hunt for the Hydra is just $1.99 at Amazon, B&N and other outlets for a limited time. If you haven't given JP a try, here's a great reason to do so. If you have, this is a great chance to spread the word. Either way, many thanks!

11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    JP is great fun. Reminds me of Galaxy of Fear a little (YA book with a family in a sci fi situation) but it's also a really solid depiction of what an independent space ship might be run like. Also old timey sailor lingo is always appreciated.

PS I'm not sucking up, it actually is good. At two bucks there's no reason not to :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Darth McClain likes this.
  12. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Was gonna pick it up over the summer anyway, but that's as good a motivator as any.

13. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    What Jello said.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @jasonfry in Coruscant and the Core Worlds did you just work with Anaxes or did you work with any of the other planets? If so what planets?

15. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Hmm. Anaxes, New Plympto, Talus/Tralus and Centerpoint Station. And for Geonosis and the Outer Rim I did the write-ups for Bakura, Desevro, Endor, Garqi, Muunilinst, Vorzyd and Yavin.

Starkeiller, Gorefiend and Gamiel like this.
  16. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Little plug for an app I helped with: Star Wars Scene Maker. It's really fun -- what I think is great about it is you can set up a simple little movie easily or spend a huge amount of time on something really complex.

I have no actually valuable skills -- I worked on the tutorial and helped adapt some sample scenes from the movie action. But had a blast doing it, and was pretty impressed by the Disney team that did the real work. Check it out!

17. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999

You couldn't have told them not to give Han Solo a lightsaber? :p

18. Starkeiller

Starkeiller Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 5, 2004
    So it's basically a Star Wars-themed previz app. Seems like sort of a strange choice for a Star Wars app, but interesting.

19. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Any changes we will be able to create scenes with capital ships? Cause that would make me buy this in a hot minute!

--Adm. Nick

Revanfan1 and darthosaka like this.
  20. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    We're debating the size of Mediator-class and Viscount-class ships again.

darthosaka likes this.
  21. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    .....I don't have time tonight, but I can't believed I missed that. I totally have to mess with this app. Time to rewrite Star Wars the way it really happened.

THE EMPIRE IS VICTORIOUS ON ALL FRONTS

22. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006

Grand Admiral, the Rebel Alliance wins always!

the New Republic - only with Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar and Princess Leia in charge.

the Galactic Alliance - too incompetent to live.

Revanfan1 and darthosaka like this.
  23. jSarek

jSarek VIP star 4 VIP

Feb 18, 2005
    One thing I've always kind of wondered ... what made you decide to make Anaxes a new planet? I mean, you had already created the world's most comprehensive list of obscure single-mention planets, and Desevro shows you weren't afraid to use one for a that kind of project. Just didn't feel like any of the existing world names felt right?

Gamiel likes this.
  24. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003

Well, CatCW was before the Atlas -- back then Dan and I had been pushing what was then called The Starhoppers' Guide to the Galaxy without much hope that it would become a book. I think I wanted to make a planet that was wholly and completely mine. Anaxes might have even been the first such world, though I might be wrong about the chronology there.

darthosaka likes this.
  25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Did you have free hands creating Anaxes or were there some guidelines from the editor/s