main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Official Star Wars Rebels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Lord_Anzeroth

Lord_Anzeroth Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2013

The whole Hasbro-figure thing is what tells me that Obi-Wan will re-appear in Rebels and not in a hologram.

Dra--- likes this.
  2. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Maybe he had an accident with time travel.

As much as I don't want time travel (other than relativistic time dilation which I would have no problem with) brought into SW, they might just do it.

Or maybe he got some disease or virus.

3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    It certainly appears that Obi-Wan is wearing the exact robes from ROTS (I thought so, but Cevan, you saved me the trouble of looking it up to be sure. Thanks!). And so, it would appear that we may indeed have a situation where young Ezra has stumbled upon Obi-Wan's message to the straggler Jedi following Order 66.

For those, like anifan, who may not recall, we never actually heard in the film what exact message was left by Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan: "I've recalibrated the code warning all surviving Jedi to stay away."

And in this case, even the novelization doesn't really help:

In the main holocomm center of the Jedi Temple, high atop the central spire, Obi-Wan used the Force to reach deep within the shell of the recall beacon's mechanism, subtly altering the pulse calibration to flip the signal from come home to run and hide. Done without any visible alteration, it would take the troopers quite a while to detect the recalibration, and longer still to reset it. This was all that could be done for any surviving Jedi: a warning, to give them a fighting chance.

So, it's been understood that Kenobi recalibrated a code and/or used the Force to very subtly flip a switch, but now? It would appear as though he's done much more than that by including a personal message to the surviving Jedi. Personally, I'm very intrigued and look forward to learning what Kenobi may have had to say.

Very interesting.

cwustudent likes this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i'm sure obi-wan didn't sit in his house doing nothing for 20 years. i could see him communicating on rare occasions.

Dra--- and Darth Kickass like this.
  5. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013

I'm sure his message is explaining that the clones have turned against them, the Order is being wiped out, and to go into hiding and stay away from the Temple. Now that I think about it, it'd be a bit strange if the signal was changed from "come home" and then soon after was changed to "run and hide" without any explanation. Obi-Wan most likely realized this and sent a personal message out as well so the Jedi wouldn't be wondering.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012

Yeah, I would have thought if he was just appearing as a hologram, wouldn't his figure be as a hologram?

7. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

Exactly. Rare occasions. He must protect Luke at all costs and prevent him being discovered by the Empire. However, signaling the Ghost Crew does not seem to be such a high priority, even if they were carrying the freakin' DS plans.

8. Cevan

Cevan Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2013
    Assuming Obi-Wan does actually appear in the flesh, I'm hoping it's just something like the Ghost crew is stranded on Tatooine and they need a place to hide from the Empire, so Obi-Wan takes them in for just one night after he senses that Kanan is a Jedi. If Obi-Wan is out fighting Stormtroopers or helping the Ghost crew beyond that then I'll be ticked.

hlc88 and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  9. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

IMO, even hiding the Ghost Crew is too much for me. What if the crew was captured by the Empire and tortured to reveal information that a Jedi was in Tatooine? I am sure that Obi-Wan must have thought of that.

I can see him helping the crew, but only indirectly, like plans of the Imperial Patrol routes on Tatooine and stuff like that. Nothing too major..

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So
    *The Empire begins to build ships on Lothal using Wookiee slaves
    *Ezra will join up with the crew of The Ghost
    *While snooping around he finds an old hologram of Obi-Wan, thus revealing to Ezra and the viewers that Kanan is a former Jedi
    *Small argument within the crew etc etc.
    *They decide to save the wookiees, under the battle Kanan's resolve returns and he uses his lightsaber to fight off the stormtroopers and Kallus
    *Kallus contacts the Inquisitor and the Crew decides to continue their rebellion on other planets that need it.

11. Lord_Anzeroth

Mar 2, 2013

That is what I believe will happen as well, or something like that in any case.

12. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Oh, I imagine it's all of that.

But I hope there's even more.

It's just that this time was such a critical, seminal moment in Obi-Wan's story, with his world crumbling all around him, and he and Yoda risked everything to get this message out to their fellow Jedi. I know is was a transformative moment for all every Jedi but...

But I'm just such a huge, huge Obi-Wan fan (he's right there with Luke for me), and the idea that we may have now learned after all these years that Obi-Wan Kenobi may have actually included something personal in this message? And what that personal message could be? At this moment in his life?

Just wow. It's the kind of thing we hardcore Kenobi freaks would really, really enjoy.

I know, I'm geeky. And I know I put more stock in this child's play than I probably rightly should.

But what can I say? SW is my chosen myth.

13. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    To each their own. But this is my chosen myth.

Star Wars is good fun but the character interactions aren't quite realistic enough to make it my favorite.

14. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I might be able to deal with Obi-wan appearing the The Ghosts get's stuck on Tatoonie (sounds familiar...). If there is an action figure for him from Rebel's I'm afraid we'll see him in the flesh. It hope this holorecording turns out to be the warning for other Jedi flee and really don't want any communication with Kanan. If it is a personal message I hope its something vague and not something directed miraculously at Kanan.

Revanfan1 and Force Smuggler like this.
  15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I just assumed the action figure was for $ purposes.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

Perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised and Obi-wan's action figure will be merchandise only.

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I think that its a bit too late for that. Just hope that he isn't in the series much or doesn't meet Kanan and Ezra. Him meeting Sabine or Zeb could be fun.

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011

His being in a holorecording if done right would pretty much be a cameo which make his action figure merchandise only in my book. There is not action part man. If its not then we got problems.

19. green_typewriter

green_typewriter Jedi Master star 1

May 5, 2004
    Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  20. podjazd

podjazd Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 16, 2013
    Yep, I was able to copy it:

[​IMG]

Text version:
    • Ezra was born on Lothal fourteen years before Star Wars Rebels begins.

• Lothal has moons (plural).

• Lothal is characterized by mountains and grasslands.

• Strip mining is making everything on Lothal ugly and the planet smells awful in certain sectors.

• Lothal has opened up a new Imperial Academy as the series begins and recruiting has been fierce.

• Ezra parents had “friends” that betrayed them and other friends that ignored Ezra after their death. Ezra deeply resents them.

• Ezra’s home is called The Comm Tower (Lothal ComTower E-272).

• The Tower is booby trapped, Home Alone style.

• The tower becomes vacant when the Empire seizes the Agrizone shortly before we first meet Ezra.

• Ezra tries to use the Com Tower to pick up Imperial Transmissions, but all he gets are Alton Kastle: The Voice of the Empire, an imperial propaganda station.

• Ezra uses the roof tops to get around Capital City, like Batman.

• He also uses the sewers and drainage pipes, like a Ninja Turtle.

• Farmers were evicted from their lands without compensation by the Empire.

• Lothal is considered the gateway to the Outer Rim by the Empire; it is strategically important to Imperial expansion in this era.

• Govenor Pryce used to run Lothal, now he’s a puppet ruler without any true power.

• When the Loth-rats don’t get to it first, Ezra eats food from opulent restaurants after it has been thrown out.

• Capital City has a network of underground tunnels the rebels use to their benefit. The creatures down there aren’t very nice, think of the Dianoga in the Death Star trash compactor.

• There are vendors in the marketplace that let Ezra hide underneath their tables and pretend they don’t see them to protect him from Stormtroopers.

21. green_typewriter

May 5, 2004
    Awesome- thanks for sharing!

Trebor Sabreon and podjazd like this.
  22. darkchrono

darkchrono Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Are these the same people that tried to say that Tom Cruise is going to be in Ep. VII?

23. green_typewriter

May 5, 2004
    Not sure? But unless they took the post down to make it seem like it's legit, these more or less seem like some pretty tame rumors, and they also make sense with the time period we are about to see. Either way, I'm looking forward to the series.

24. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
    It was papers reporting that.

25. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Some interesting new info. I'm inclined to believe it's real, it got taken down and all. Also, it seems that Ezra will be the main character that we follow at least for the two pilot episodes which take place mostly on Lothal. And now we have a clearer picture of why Zeb calling somebody a "Loth-rat" is a derogatory phrase, heh. Wonder if he calls Ezra that? The two don't seem to start off on the right foot, according to those character videos, but learn to tolerate and later accept one another.

Dra--- likes this.