main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Locations/Planets in the Sequel Trilogy

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by bigtukker, Jun 11, 2014.

1. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012
    Hello people,

What Locations/Planets do you want to see in the ST? Do you want to see planets which are already known, EU planets, totally new planets? What should the new planets look like? Do you want to see a different side of a known planet?

Personally I'd like to see a few known planets like Coruscant, Nar Shaddaa, Corellia, Kashyyyk etc.

I'd also like to see new combinations for example: lava/ice, desert planet with oases here and there, a planet where all buildings float, a post-apocalystic planet where everyone is forced to live in a capsule city underwater, because the land and air are to poisonous

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'd like to see primarily new planets. Maybe 1 or 2 old planets briefly, but I hope we mostly see new and different types, like we have not seen before. I am not all that interested in the "recapture the OT vibe" sentiment and I hope JJ does not linger on planets we already know.

3. TheYodaPagoda

TheYodaPagoda Force Ghost star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I'd sure like to see Corellia, and perhaps Dantooine? I know the latter was featured in the original Clone Wars cartoon, but I haven't delved too deeply in the Clone Wars show to know for sure if Corellia was shown. And maybe an 'outer space' type station? Not a moon-sized one, though. Oh, and what about Mon Calamari? Be interesting to see ol' Admiral Ackbar's bar he opened up after retiring: "The Trap."

ThatWanFromStewjon and Sarge like this.
  4. bigtukker

bigtukker Jedi Master star 2

Sep 22, 2012

That would be funny indeed. Dantooine did come up in KOTOR and Corelllia was visibly one of my favorite planets of SWTOR.

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Yavin has potential for more stories, and we haven't seen much of it.

No more Coruscant, please, I don't like big cities and we've seen too much of it already.

Which movie is generally considered the best of the whole series? ESB. Which planet appeared in every movie except the best of the whole series? Tatooine. Ergo, for a good SW movie, don't go back to Tatooine.

6. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Don't forget Kessel. We've just gotta see Kessel.

ThatWanFromStewjon likes this.
  7. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Kessel would be fun. I'd also really like to see Corellia. The more new to screen planets the better IMO :)

Lord Chazza likes this.
  8. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Agreed. Though I have to say, it would be great to see Cloud City again now that I think about it.

Sarge likes this.
  9. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I only want to see a few familiar planets:

Coruscant-because I think it would be interesting to see Luke Han and Leia there. Also, I wouldn't mind seeing Kashyyyk again – that is an intriguing place that I think we didn't quite see enough of in ROTS. Also, Dagobah- namely because of the Darkside Cave. I hope that the history of that Cave is elaborated upon in the ST.

Other than that, I'd love to see some planets never seen before:

1. Mon Calamari
    2. Corellia
    3. Shangrila

I would also like to see the spice mines of Kessel... the maw...you know – all that stuff. That region.

Those would be the new ones I would like to see most. I suppose it's safe to say that we know already that we will be seeing Tattooine, so I will not mention it.

But I guess I just did mention it, I suppose… ;)

10. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It would be neat to not see Coruscant at all and return to that sense from the Original Trilogy, especially The Empire Strikes Back, of everything in this vast galaxy not really being tied to one central place, but knowing that is out there somewhere. Stylistically and thematically that would be a good move since the sight of Coruscant with the craft endlessly floating along their skyways is a major Prequel characteristic. Anyone who turns on the TV and sees a scene with that in the background instantly knows it's either Episode One, Two, or Three. Let the animators put everything into completely new urban-like environments.

Sarge likes this.
  11. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012
    There needs to be a good mix of urban and wideness settings - the Rebels set up bases on planets like Yavin and Hoth in order to hide, the Prequels had a nice mix of both types.

Mon Cal, Corellia, Kessel and a return to Coruscant, Dagobah and Kashyyyk would be cool.

Maybe the Imperials held out on Coruscant when the Alliance came to take it and it got heavily damaged in the battle.

I assume the new trilogy will involve a war of some kind so I'd like to see two armies fight a battle on the streets of a city and a battle on Mon Cal even more epic than TCW.

I'd also like a bunch of new previously unknown worlds.

I'm hoping the don't re-use worlds Hoth, Bespin and Endor in their fervor to "recapture the spirit" - although I honestly believe that talk is just publicity jabber to quieten the haters.

bigtukker likes this.
  12. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    New planets for sure, but I'd like to see Coruscant and maybe a couple of "Legends" planets brought to the silver screen. There are a few I think could be very useful plotwise, and are way underused even within the confines of the EU.

Shira A'dola likes this.
  13. ThatWanFromStewjon

ThatWanFromStewjon Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 8, 2012

I really hope they use Mon Cal - in any of the upcoming movies - and it would be cool if Ackbar was brought back too.

14. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I hope no more Coruscant. Everything that happened there so far has been one big snorefest

15. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'd like more Coruscant. Since it's the "center" of the known galaxy, not including it would be a major letdown IMO.

16. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I would like to see Coruscant as well since we've not seen Luke, Leia, and Han there before. Naboo would be cool as well especially if Leia and Luke know where there mother was from.

DARTH_BELO and Hoggsquattle like this.
  17. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    [face_thinking] I like that idea. Never thought about that. There's all this talk about Luke/Leia's relationship to Anakin/Vader, but nothing yet about Padme being their mother. Seeing Naboo would be a nice bit of continuity that would help tie the trilogies all together in an interesting way.

Actually, now that I think about it-with Alderaan gone, I wouldn't mind seeing Leia as a senator or something from Naboo. (Could you imagine her as Queen!? Why not-their family originates from there! ;) Although I don't see that happening. After all: GUNGANS!!)

Revious Nugo likes this.
  18. scruffylookingnerf

scruffylookingnerf Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2014
    As most of you I'd love to see Corellia and Kessel.

Seeing a flashback from Alderaan would be awesome, but I don't see how it could be justified - a gal can dream, though :D

19. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Would like to see Corellia for the first time.

20. Darth Ardyti

Darth Ardyti Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2014
    I'd be okay if they steered clear of Tatooine. Kind of tired of the planet. At this point, even Raxus Prime would be more interesting than yet another trip to Tatooine.

Would like to see maybe Dantooine, Tython, Korriban, Nar Shaddaa Coruscant, and Kashyyyk.

Lee_ likes this.
  21. Revious Nugo

Revious Nugo Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 14, 2014
    I want to see mostly "new" planets. I think it would be cool if sometime during the sequel trilogy they went to some super-ancient place that was the birthplace of the sith or of the jedis. Also, they should do something they've never done before, like a planet where the gravity is really low- and they can jump really high- or something like that. If you think about it, it doesn't make since that all planets seem to have the same atmospheric composition and the same gravity.

22. DARTH_BELO

Nov 25, 2003
    I thought it might be interesting to see a planet that exists in the core of the galaxy. Like the bright center. The night sky would be unusually bright, environments could be different, even the surrounding space getting there could look different...

We've spent so much time on the "outer rim," lets see something completely opposite...

23. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I think Coruscant is a must just because of how important it is, but I'd prefer we not see much of the film set there. Maybe just Leia being political for a bit then leaving. Coruscant was awesome, but it consumed too much room in the prequel trilogy. Having such a major base meant that the characters didn't get to spend as much time exploring new and unusual worlds. I'm very much for the idea that Star Wars is the frontier. The film should be focused there. And in that spirit I really hope that they don't go to too many familiar places. Tatooine, Bespin, Naboo... we've seen them all before.

What type of terrain is left for us to explore in the monoclimate worlds that seem to populate Star Wars? We've had desert worlds (twice), jungle worlds (three times), city worlds, floating worlds, ice worlds, water worlds, and lava worlds. What's left to explore? I'd quite like to see a binary planet. Not a moon orbiting a gas giant but two similar-sized planets orbiting each other. They've done that several times in the books but never in a film and I think it'd look awesome. I'd also like to see an abandoned planet, something where cities once stood but now they're just ruins. And of course it'd be nice to see truly unusual terrain like they had on Utapau. I'd love to see cities built on cliffs like they do in Santorini.

Aside from that I'd like to see variations on the monoclimates they've already had. We've seen two desert worlds (Tatooine and Geonosis) and both of them were quite different. Hopefully Abu Dhabi will be a third and not merely a second rate Tunisia stand-in. Just in terms of feel the Gobi desert is very different to the Sahara so it might provide an interesting desert feel. If they do that I'd quite like to see a city world that's grungy and worn down, maybe Nar Shaddaa. It would have a completely different feel to Coruscant.

It's Dac now, but yeah a water planet hasn't really been done before. Sure we had Kamino, but that was oceany and had permarain. Which didn't make for very impressive scenery outside the buildings. I really liked Manaan in KotOR so seeing a world like that appeals to me. Something like a proper version of Ootah Gunga.

24. Empress Shatterpoint

Empress Shatterpoint Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2013
    Coruscant is a must-include for the fact that it is the epicenter of Galactic politics. Having weld Republics and Empire via Sith machinations during the saga, its Senate has served as the base initiating any large-scale event happening in Star Wars, so for continuity's sake it would make sense that we should follow political progression/regression in the ST in this location to better see how the galaxy has evolved.

Coruscant is the ideal choice to stand out as the one major planet from the previous movies to merge all three trilogies together, but apart from that planet necessity, I vote for a set of new planets. After all, Star Wars has a pattern of introducing an average of 2-3 new planets per new movie, so anything failing short of that trend would be disappointing & feel like walking into a recycle bin. My criteria for the new planets would be a symbolic coherence with the plot.

That being said, I will not mind if a maximum of 2 older planets are used in a minor way, as long as the planets can be linked thematically with the ST.

I'll still rage if Tatooine ever shows up on screen, though. The sand domain has been properly utilized throughout the saga but has run its course.

25. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    I believe we'll see Coruscant, for reasons already stated.
    Also, I won't be terribly surprised if Korriban is featured - and it would be beyond cool :cool: