main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books Imperial Handbook - A Commander's Guide

Discussion in 'Literature' started by King of Alsakan, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    ...and in crayon, no less. :p

2. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That would be my first choice too, but they'd have to remember TIE Fighter existed first.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

3. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  4. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Hmmm. I'd need to see a picture of that medal.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

5. Pfluegermeister

Pfluegermeister Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2003
    Oh, Jello, deep in your heart you know that what you need IS that medal. Like RIGHT NOW. ;)

Valin__Kenobi likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Mm. I'm not sure they'd give those away; he only had like seven left at the end of ROTS so they're probably very valuable to him. :p

7. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    New pictures, looks like some good the Imperial Army stuff, hope it is indeed part of the new canon. Though only Stormtroopers were referred to as being the Imperial Army in the Rebels Visual Guide.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    No release date yet?

9. FTeik

FTeik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 7, 2000
    "We fight, and we win."

If they turn that book into a movie, it better be directed by Paul Verhoefen. :D

10. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I notice that the Empire attributes the use of aliens in the Rebel Alliance military to "hating humans".

MercenaryAce and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  11. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
  12. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Ah, but resident experts on parsing the StoryGroup proclamations have stated that it's patently obvious that it is [absolutely part of the new canon / absolutely no part of the new canon]. :p

As long as it works with the LEU, I'm fine - although considering my comments about the Stormtroopers in the Rebels thread, I certainly hope that it's NEU too.

darthscott3457 and Iron_lord like this.
  13. KINGKONG83

KINGKONG83 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 22, 2004
    "the Imperial Empire"..lol doesnt get more imperial then that

DelRiego and Zorrixor like this.
  14. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004

Planetary militias mentioned! [face_dancing]

15. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Although I've not personally read the sources referred to in the Rebels thread, my reading of what's been said there is the same as my reading of 90% of the EU: just because the Imperial Army isn't seen or mentioned, it doesn't mean it can't exist. :p

16. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
    Planetary militias have been part of canon since TCW.

17. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    And rereading the Imperial SB, the stormtroopers are always on the forefront on taking on important rebels, especially the Rebel Alliance - the Imperial Army usually gets the garrison duty or clean-up once the stormtroopers have passed.

18. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I like that they didn't just turn the Stormtroopers into a generic Imperial Army and that they recanonized the actual army. I'm liking the Imperial imagery all around as well.

19. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    The scene that always struck me as a kid watching ROTJ is the one near the end when the Emperor sends out the "three legions" of his best troops from the shield generator base-- who were not all stormtroopers.

I admit, as I kid, I found that scene silly, and even that age, thought it was dumb having an equal number of Imperial officers to stormtroopers, but years later when I learned of the WEG ideas, the idea of there being other soldiers to the elite ones in the white armour helped me accept that scene more-- and that's right there in the film, whereas in 90% of other stories every Imperial trooper you see is an armoured stormie.

blackmyron likes this.
  20. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
  21. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I doubt the makers of the Warhammer 40K RPG are going to stray much from that comparison. ;)

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    So it turns out this is accurate. Not the Emperor's Will, but good enough.

23. The_Forgotten_Jedi

The_Forgotten_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2010
    Can't believe I just noticed this thread. I think I had just been assuming it was some sort of Imperial fanclub (...which isn't far from the truth). I hope this will be part of the NEU.

I wish I could get this. Stupid college, taking all my money so I can get a degree and better job prospects. :_|

24. Onderon1

Onderon1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2008
    Oh, the Imperium is just a mysticized, demoned-up homage to Palpatine's ultimate vision.

The Golden Throne? On Byss, not Terra. The forces of Chaos? Sith spirits rivalling Sidious. Adeptus Astartes? Horror-show Stormies. The Imperial Guard? Absolutely the Imperial Army with a more overtly religious edge, complete with ISB Commissars. The Inquisitorius - well, that comparison makes itself. :p

The excellent meta-commentary in EGTW regarding the Pius Dea Crusades as a WH40K homage of its own is =D=, IMHO. :D

I'm going to have to find a way to get the Handbook, but it might well have to wait for Christmas. :(

25. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    I agree with all of your statements except for one..."Oh, the Imperium is just a mysticized, demoned-up homage to Palpatine's ultimate vision."

Palpatine's ultimate vision, as laid out by the Imperial Sourcebook and the Dark Empire sourcebook, is a demoned-down homeage to the Imperium.

Warhammer 40K came out in 1987 and the Imperial Sourcebook 1st edition did not come out until October 1989. That's more than enough time for some of the ideas from WH40K to trickle into other RPG universes.