main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Let's Talk: Feminism

Discussion in 'Community' started by blubeast1237, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Uh, because men can't control themselves around the nude female form, obviously. Even gay guys are like "Oh man, a naked woman! Better rape that!" And all of those documented native cultures where nudity isn't noticed or stigmatized? Liberal propaganda.

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
  3. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I think the point was to convey the feeling among many men that 'man does x action' and is hated or discouraged, while 'woman does x action' and is praised and encouraged. An outlook that for the most part I find to be pretty lacking and disproven. I think the hitting thing was mostly perceived through fiction where a female character using physical violence against a male is usually treated as her 'hero or awesome' moment while if a male did it in the same situation against a female it would be treated as him being a jerk. I can remember back in the 90s that happening to a degree in movies and tv but now it's pretty much a non issue as everyone seems to get when violence is used to be heroic, funny, or jerkish, regardless of sex or gender.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    So many men use straw-men to argue against feminism.

I hear you.

5. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    I can't even walk down the street for fear of being hit by a woman. And the roaming crowds of cheering onlookers make traffic a nightmare.

Ender Sai and dp4m like this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I've never seen a woman praised or encouraged for being abusive. I guess some context would be helpful here. Are we talking about self defense or assault? A person should not assault another--assault is not worthy of praise. Self defense... that's another thing. No clue of what context that meme was coming from.

7. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Feminazi: because clearly a woman who has an intense distrust of men is on par with a nationalistic political movement that tried its best to exterminate the Jews. Yeah, one-to-one parity right there. Really said it better than the term "misandry," which probably best sums up "hatred of men." But sure, let's bring Nazis into this debate, that'll really improve things.

8. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    There are precious few absolute certainties in life, but here are some of them: You can legitimately use The Godfather saga (even Part III) as an analogy for just about anything, too many sports bars are terrible places to go to, and MovieFlanders' (among others) strawman tactics are now always entertaining (especially if one needs a good chuckle before heading out for a walk), in that Sharknado sort-of way.

:p

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Which is worse: a feminazi or a grammar nazi? Personally, I hate Illinois Nazis the most.

10. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

You know what's really the worst? The actual Nazis. I know, shocking, right?

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Pffft, just because my family is smaller....

Ender Sai likes this.
  12. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    dp... you're not very good at being funny.

Ender Sai and Rogue_Ten like this.
  13. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

"Those bums won their court case, so they're marching today."
    "What bums?"
    "The ****** Nazi Party."
    "...Illinois Nazis."
    "I hate Illinois Nazis."

Jedi Merkurian and dp4m like this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

I am, just not here.

15. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Well, for me, it doesn't matter at all if you are a man or woman, white, black, or purple, tall or short, skinny or fat. In a business setting, an individuals achievements, experience, intelligence, attitude, passion, work ethic, etc. pave the way for me to make a decision if that individual is value added to my business. In a non-business setting, it's even simpler - if you are a respectful person, no problem, and if you have large quantities of beer then we are best friends.

In my view, it will be a very long time before gender inequality will go away (just like racism), if ever, but every effort should be made to continuously reduce and defeat it. Men and Women are both "equally" guilty. ;)

16. Moviefan2k4

Moviefan2k4 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2009
    The term is used to illustrate groups of women who want to eradicate all differences regarding how the sexes are treated, regardless of the reason. That kind of thing is very dangerous.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    So.... what is a good reason for sexism?

Somebody ask him this, because.... ignore, etc etc.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Done.

For you, and because I always need more humor, and I'm sure his pathetic excuses will be hilarious.

(Of course I might be on ignore by now, not that I care, but maybe somebody else needs to ask.)

20. Penguinator

May 23, 2005

No, the term is a load of crap people use because they don't understand what feminism actually is and think somehow misandry is the entire ethos of feminism.

21. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    The history of "feminazi"

In Limbaugh's own words. It's nothing but a slur by a shock jock who makes something on the order of 60 million dollars a year pissing people off. If you actually believe what he says is true then I refer to the immortal words of P.T. Barnum, there's a sucker born every minute.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Welp, I own a copy of Gender Trouble. Guess I'm as bad as Hitler now. And also a woman?

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Come on people, get with the program.

Treating women as equals to men is just as terrible as genocide. It's exactly equal in moral terms to murdering six million people.

Where is your sexism moral compass?

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  24. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Bwahahahahaha. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa-hahahahahahahahaha. Heeeeeeeeeeeeeehehehehehehe. Oh man. This is what I miss out on not growing up with Ass Burgers and being left for dead?

25. Penguinator

May 23, 2005
    You monster.

harpua and anakinfansince1983 like this.