main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RMFF Newbie Check In and Intro Thread - 3.0!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by sideshow212, Nov 11, 2003.

1. one of us

one of us Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2014
    New
    Name: Jim
    SW Related Interests: Movies,Toys, books, 501st , Rebel legion, Traveling from Nebraska for Troops and meetings
    Non-SW Related Interests: Woodworking, 4-H, BBQ , Creating mischief and mayhem wherever I go
    How did you get started on SW: Saw the originals at the Drive-in have been hooked ever since and now I am joining the Mountain Garrison and Mountain Base
    How did you find this board? Obey Wann told me about​

FanForced and Obey Wann like this.
  2. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Good to see you here, Jim!

3. FireParamedic

FireParamedic Jedi Padawan

Aug 13, 2011
    Name: Richard
    Sw-related Interests: EU, movies, X-Wing tabletop, podcasts, Lego, SWTOR, and anything else Star Wars
    Non-SW related interests: freelance writer, paranormal investigator, all SF and Fantasy
    How did you get started on SW: the first movie I ever saw, and somehow it got into my blood
    How did you find this board? Google

FanForced likes this.
  4. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
  5. DieWompRatDie

DieWompRatDie Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2008
  6. FireParamedic

FireParamedic Jedi Padawan

Aug 13, 2011
    I'm hoping to drop by and say hello at ComicCon this weekend :)

FanForced and DieWompRatDie like this.
  7. Grace Devereux

Grace Devereux Jedi Knight

Jun 17, 2014
    Name: Hi, I’m Elizabeth – long time listener first time caller.
    Age: Old enough to have seen the original in the drive-in, dad loved it; mom hated it – best day of my life! Dad and I went to every opening weekend together after that.
    SW Related Interests: Star Wars Legos, The movies – however they have to be viewed in the Machete Order, read a few of the books, SW RPG.
    Non-SW Related Interests: I’m also a member of a Renaissance Recreation group, so I hit my friends with sticks while wearing armor, archery, sewing, decent amount of costume fabrication, sfx makeup, being a mom, somewhere in there I find time to be an accountant – how did THAT happen???

How did you get started on SW: When I found myself bored one summer, my next door neighbor brought out his SW Kenner action figures and we played for hours on end in the sandbox and beat each other up with sticks (sounds familiar) while making light saber sounds, and if we found a stick shaped like a gun, we pew-pewed at each other all the while playing in the neighborhood like it was the most recent movie’s sound stage. You know like every other kid in the 70’s! And when the blizzard of ’82 hit, our neighborhood was once again transformed into HOTH, we had to be force-ably brought indoors to thaw out.

Almost named my kiddo Luke or Leia – her dad won that argument, poor thing.
    How did you find this board? One day while wandering around Comic Con 2014 I was handed a business card for a magical and magnificent place – HOGWARTS. Oops – wrong thread! Sorry I was given a card for RMFF!!! WOO HOO!!!

8. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Grace Devereux! You've taken your first step into a larger world.

ladyblues likes this.
  9. Sarnia

Sarnia WOTR Liaison star 5

Jun 1, 2004
    Welcome to our own brand of magic=)

10. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Oh Hi, welcome to the asylum, we'll hand out your meds soon ;)

11. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    *sneaks away from med cart with chipmunk cheeks

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Welcome, Grace!

13. Darth Sully

Darth Sully Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2014
    Hello all! I'm very excited to be here.

Name:
    Darth Sully. (Crystal Sully for reals though)

SW Related Interests: Absolutely everything. (If it has Darth Maul in it as well I'm pretty much sold.) The films, the EU books, Star Wars video games (Yes even SWTOR), Star Wars TATTOOS, The Clone Wars, even Star Wars RPG long ago. *Also, just to note, I have a massive tattoo of Darth Maul's face on my entire upper arm. Stormtroopers are being added to the tattoo in just a couple of months.

Non-SW Related Interests: I'm an illustrator and creature designer in the video game industry so artwork is huge in my life, being inspired a LOT by Star Wars artwork and creatures and the storytelling involved. Aside from that I love all Colorado outdoorsy stuff like camping, off-roading (in our white Subaru Forester that has Star Wars stuff on it everywhere - we call it the Stormtrooper!), reading, painting monsters, road-tripping, and having fun in life.

How did you get started on SW: Most girls my age grew up with Disney Princesses and little kid movies. I grew up with the original Star Wars films, they shaped my childhood and helped mold my moral yet adventurous core as a person. When my brother took me to go see Episode 1 in theaters I instantly knew I loved the Sith even more the moment I saw Darth Maul hit the screen, who in my mind was just as cool as Darth Vader. I loved drawing the creatures and characters of the Star Wars universe when I was younger and continued drawing throughout the years, eventually going to an art school, graduating with my BFA, and working in the video games industry. I'm actually hoping to be working on the official Star Wars TCG art in the near future since I've been doing a lot of work for the company who produces the game.

How did you find this board? I was posting on a facebook group called Star Wars Celebration Anaheim since I'm planning my trip out to the convention next April, and a member there referred me to this Colorado group, which led to me finding this forum. I'm happy to be here!

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Welcome! Jump on in -- we're still kind of quiet recovering from Denver Comic Con, but we have a meeting In a week and a half and most of our members are going to Anaheim!

15. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, Darth Sully! Glad you came on over from the FB group! Perhaps you can find some folks here to caravan with on the drive over to Anaheim.

Maul as cool as Vader? Hmm...I do have quite the emotional connection to Vader as he was the baddie from my childhood and Maul was the cool bad guy from my college years. That's a choice I can't make. Both cool, but in different ways.

16. corran_r9

corran_r9 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 3, 2009
    Yes, we still have con hangover. Welcome though :) DWRD ...that just shows how old you are!

17. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Ha! Don't get me started on some of our old-bies (the exact opposite of newbies) in our group...

18. Darth Sully

Darth Sully Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2014
    Thanks for the kind welcomes, everyone! That would be pretty fun to caravan with some folks out to Anaheim since it'll be a pretty long drive.

19. pagil m'gar

pagil m'gar Jedi Master

Oct 9, 2014
    Name: Patrick
    SW Related Interests: Costumes,(jedi), comics, movies
    Non-SW Related Interests: Music, Travel, Motorcycling, Films, Comic book collecting, used to race cars, wife says I still drive too fast.
    How did you get started on SW: Been a fan since my youth. Started getting more involved after attending Star Wars weekend in Orlando last year.
    How did you find this board? Rebel Legion members suggestion.

QueenHighMistress likes this.
  20. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
  21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
  22. darthbane727

darthbane727 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2014
    Hello all.
    Name: maryann
    SW related interests: anything and everything
    Non SW related interests: arts and crafts, video gaming, anything nerdy. :)
    How did you get started on SW?: grew up watching the originals, and watched 1,2, and 3 in theaters.
    Found this board through meetup.com, hoping to meet some local denver SW fans. :)

23. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008
    Welcome, darthbane727!
    Hope to see you at an upcoming meeting and feel free to post, jumping right in.

24. darthbane727

darthbane727 Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2014
    About the thanksgiving/potluck, we have 3 little ones would they be welcome too?

25. DieWompRatDie

Dec 2, 2008

Absolutely. I replied on FB, too. Feel free to post in the November meeting thread, too. See y'all there! :)