main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Characters The Skywalker-Jade Revival Society Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luke_Mara_Index, Dec 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Okay, it's not just me. It's just at first glace he resembles Bridges. But yes, it covers the aging and scaring (why I think they decided to do it) and makes him look like the 53 y/o he's supposed to be playing and not the 62 he is.

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    That picture already has a place of honor on my office wall. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

JediMara77 and taramidala like this.
  3. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    I might be the only one who's kind of digging the fact that he's got cheekbones again instead of the beard. :p

4. taramidala

taramidala Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 1999
    Oh no, believe me. I've noticed them, too.

I could go on, but we'd have to create another board for that conversation. =P~

ginchy likes this.
  5. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Nothing wrong with looking like Jeff Bridges. I've had a crush on him since Starman. Mark looks great!

ginchy and taramidala like this.
  6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    No, there's nothing wrong with it. I loved Bridges in Iron Man as well, but it's a bit odd to have to do a double take.

But yeah. Those cheekbones... hmmmhmmhmmm.

7. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Alright, alright. I am now on the beard train :p I actually think the two little grey patches on either side of the beard are pretty adorable.

ginchy and taramidala like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! LOL! You gals are tickling me! [:D] [face_love] It takes someone who's already fiiine to pull off the beard and/or mustache thing. [face_thinking] Smart move, this'll pull in the been-around, classic SW fans and the newer, current generation of =P~ lady fans. [face_rofl] [face_mischief]

ginchy likes this.
  9. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Cheekbones?

I can't stop looking at those forearms.

(I may have just printed out that picture for my work wall, ginchy.)

10. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    My student assistants are already making fun of me for having the picture on my wall. But I don't care. My 'Beardy Corner' looks good. [face_mischief]

11. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    See...now...I was going to mention arms, but...

Well this is going to be a long day... ;)

JadeLotus and ginchy like this.
  12. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Work? What work?

ginchy likes this.
  13. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm usually not a fan of beards... a little scruff, maybe (as long as I'm not kissing someone with the scruff... that hurts!), but I must admit, he does make the beard look good! [face_batting]

14. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    They remind me of my mother's silver "skunk stripes." I hope I inherit those; I think they look kewl. :cool:

Even Club Jade admits it. :p (Behold, in all its Instagram-filtered glory, lulz.)

15. Dunc T'racen

Dunc T'racen Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 11, 2000
    I write what I see. ::shrug::

JadeLotus and taramidala like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
  17. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Will there be a challenge for September? Or maybe a discussion question, since it's pretty quiet around here?

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Uuuuuhhhh. Yes to both! I'll come up with a challenge and a discussion question this afternoon. In the mean time, if you have any ideas, post them.

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Maybe something related to the return of school...since today was the first day of school for my little ones. Maybe a challenge where somebody returns to school, starts training, or teaches somebody something.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    NO! (I'm in denial that tomorrow is my first day back in class, can't you tell? :p So let's broaden the topic...)

SJRS September 2014 challenge: First Day Back

First day back from what? First day back to what? YOU DO NOT GET TO DECIDE. THE PERSON WHO POSTS AFTER YOU GETS TO DECIDE (or if after a day or so, I'll give you something). Basically, post if you want to participate, then the next person will give you a prompt (IE First day back from honeymoon). This isn't a fic gift request, so if you are stumped, ask for another one (and don't be offended if they do), nor is this a dare, so keep prompts basic/broad. Try to give other people turns to give prompts, but if someone has been left without one for awhile, give them one even if you have given someone else one.

This can be in any universe: AU, D-Cannon, Legends or whatever we are calling them these days. Always, you have to include Luke and Mara.

Good luck.

As for a discussion, I'll think of one after people who want prompts right away get them.

21. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I'm participating. Prompt me up! :D

22. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Guh, I've never done a SJRS challenge yet...well, if I struggle with it, I've got an entire friggin' month to figure it out. Might as well start somewhere.

Prompt me, bro! >_<

EDIT: ACK, Revanfan! Now I'm supposed to prompt you! *thinks furiously* Uhhh...hang on...

EDIT part deux: Okay, Bri, I apologize if this isn't broad enough and you can smack me, but - Revanfan1, how about Luke and Mara taking the shiny new Jade Sabre out for its very first spin? You could say it's a "first day with the new car," sorta. :p *ducks potential flying objects*

Revanfan1 likes this.
  23. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    ThreadSketch - Mara's first day as a full fledged Jedi Knight (or perhaps preferably her first day as a Jedi at the Academy)

I've got so many fics in the works I might have to sit this challenge out, but looking forward to reading the responses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThreadSketch likes this.
  24. taramidala

Jun 18, 1999
    I'm going to sit this one out, too, I think, so JadeLotus does not get a prompt! Honestly, peeps, I'd love to, but too many WIPs and starting a new job means not a lot of extra time. I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with though! :)

JadeLotus likes this.
  25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    The challenge is First Day BACK, BUT, these work, this should be fun!

So to clarify Revanfan1, your prompt is "First Day with the Jade Sabre" (I kinda simplified it)
    and ThreadSketch, yours is "Mara's first day as a full fledged Jedi Knight"

If you are stumped either PM me or just post so here and I will give you one of my ideas (MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! No, they aren't evil, just more vague, which could be good or bad).

I haven't decided if I want to do this challenge or not. My muse is FINALLY back and I sort of want to take advantage of it before school becomes all-consuming. But we shall see.

Revanfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.