main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canderous and Cade's Crazy Cantina: a shiny new fanfiction social thread!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Key lime pie is my kryptonite. (The fact that it happens to be green is mere coincidence.)

2. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    The RPF typically locks the social thread and starts a new one at 10,000. Maybe we can do the same? [face_thinking]

3. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    It's super-expensive in Key West, so if you go there remember to bring your own.

4. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    10,000 posts and most involve cats, food, lousy weather and bridezilla. :p

5. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

;)

Goodwood likes this.
  6. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    On RPM, we lock ours around 1,000 pages.

7. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, it is tradition that new threads start after the previous one hits 10,000 posts. In the past the thread has been locked and there isn't a social thread for a day or two, but I thought I'd leave this one open until the new one is opened, which will be sooner rather than later. :)

8. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I guess the spam train has to eventually arrive at some sort of destination, if only to deliver its vast cargo of hashed corn beef. ;)

mavjade likes this.
  9. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Trak, are you trying to turn yourself into a Twi'lek a bruise at a time? ;)

Gemma, Kahara, Goodwood and 2 others like this.
  10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Yes. Working on the upper limbs currently.

Unfortunately, my foot isn't bruised as much, so this plan might not work as well as I thought.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and Kahara like this.
  11. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Plus there's the whole lekku thing.

12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Golly, I'm away for half a day and suddenly there's talk of the thread closing down because we're at 10,000+ posts. :eek: Well, here's my attempt to sneak in under the wire, in which I'll try to cover the four main topics mentoned above by Jedi_Lover:

Cats: I'm at my mother's in Chicago, and she has one. The little guy is of course enthralled with her, and he started following her around as soon as he came in the door. Fortunately she's got a very friendly disposition.

Food: Well, folks were talking about dessert a little ways up, so... I personally love just about anything with ice cream, particularly floats and sodas and the like. One café near where I grew up had an absolutely divine float with very dark chocolate ice cream, soda water, almond (orgeat) syrup, and handmade whipped cream, though for a while they couldn't get almond syrup and had to use hazelnut instead (it was still A1, though). I too never really got into ice cream bars for some reason, though.

Lousy weather: Well, I guess conditions have been at least slightly lousy for the plants, since it's been rather dry. But for us humans it's been very pleasant and sunny.

Bridezillas: I'm going to my cousin's wedding in West Virginia this weekend, so that covers the "bride" end of things. I honestly can't comment on the "zilla" part, since I haven't really been in touch with her for a while beyond occasional Facebook pings, but I guess the fact that she's doing the "destination wedding" thing at some out-in-the-boonies resort in the middle of the Appalachians counts as "zilla." (Particularly give that she's from Seattle. I think her fiancé might be from WV, though.)

OK, I think that's covered all the usual topics, so Mav and Bri, feel free to lock the thread now! ;)

13. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Started the new one.

Well, started it, but it's locked. Guess us regular folk ain't allowed to start social threads...

Goodwood likes this.
  14. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    So...anyone know any naughty limericks?

15. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    You're not alone -- I don't like cold pizza either.

Wi-Phi and jcgoble3 like this.
  16. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Tomorrow I'm ordering a pizza. All this pizza talk is making me hungry.

17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I'm gonna get a Weekend Pizza this arvo.

18. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I never had Choco-Tacos. The one time I tried to get one, they were sold out!

19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yeah, sorry. I've been a mod for... wow, 5 years (had to look it up to make sure, can't believe it's been that long) and never gotten to start the fanfic social thread, so yeah, I'm going to do it. That's kinda what I was trying to say with my previous post without being obnoxious about it, guess I should have been more clear. Sorry about that. :)

The new one will be open soon, just reviewing some rules.

TrakNar likes this.
  20. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Not...not rules!

Anything but rules! They take all the fun out of the spam train!

:D

jcgoble3 and mavjade like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.