main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Daisy Ridley (Rey) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Chained Prometheus, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I'm open to it as well but I think the 'inevitable' subplot may be simply because it is deemed so by Disney, but hey it may not happen!

I suggested earlier that Daisy could have romantic feelings for John as well as a commitment to Jedi training. The same of course could equally apply to John himself. either way, I would like that sort of tension to arise simply because I want them to tackle the non-attachment rule head on. Just saying it wouldn't apply with Luke's new order has me asking, "Why doesn't it apply?" Is the Darkside not still a risk here? Perhaps it isn't for whatever reason, but I would like to see it explored either way. I'm hardly going to lose sleep if they don't examine it in these movies, but it would be interesting to me at least. :)

DARTH_MUPPET and Hogsquattle like this.
  2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    The Jedi still exist - Luke is in the movie.

I meant the new cast members themselves - I'm terrible at judging ages - not Star Wars trend of actors playing younger :)

I can't do that - TCW is a part of the whole. :)

In what way is Han a shiner?

I'm cool with it getting pushed to later in the trilogy too - but romance is a part of a lot of great stories, I don't think it should be removed.

3. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    The romance will of course be secondary , but John and Daisy have such an amazing chemistry in real life that I would hate to see a potential relationship between their characters goto waste.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    No time for love Mr. Jones!

5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Imagine the fans of the unexpected see Luke dying at the end of the trilogy, with Daisy being the only Jedi alive, and her deciding not passing the torch as the Sith are gone, but instead replacing his mother as head of the Republic. With the aim of creating a galaxy where the Jedi are not needed.

PS: I know, I know, I would recieve a lot of dislikes if there was a button for it. Not that I like the idea neither, but I´m starting to thing there is not going to be a New Jedi Order. Call me crazy.

6. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    the Jedi's job/duty/way of life is not only about fighting the Sith.

7. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    But ... but ... they have a wonderful friendship! [face_dunno] And that it is a very special relationship! And according to the girls back when I was in high school always told me that was way more special then dating. Dating would only ruin their special friendship, best not to travel down that speeder lane. :p

8. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

That would explain why the girl I like prefers to go hiking (with a third person coming along)...as opposed to say, eating dinner or having coffee together, just the two of us.

Anyways, back to topic... [face_whistling]

9. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    http://fangirlblog.com/2014/08/ridley-roundup-august-2014/

Meanwhile, next week the Legacy Volume 2 comic series ends its run with Issue #18. It’s a story about a young female Solo descendent who finds a lightsaber, and goes on an adventure with a Mon Cal sidekick and a black male Knight from an Imperial order of Force users. If you think about it, the plot has similarities to the Episode VII rumors from the last few weeks. I see more similarities than that, but if I laid them all out, it would spoil the joy of everyone else discovering them.

Revanfan1, Ryus, Han Drolo and 2 others like this.
  10. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

When does Dark Horse's time with Star Wars run out?

11. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Yes it does sound familiar. New Republic and Empire at the same time, Female, Solo lead, lightsaber kickstarts the plot.

12. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    how do you know that? from selfies?

13. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    The similar plot in Legacy is interesting. So how can we interpret this? Is it just sheer coincidence? Or has the plot of this comic been floating around for some time and someone has used it to conjure up a fake plot for Episode 7 that has purposely been leaked? Or is it actually a nod to the info on the plot being correct?

14. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    Or simply pulling inspiration from eu.

15. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Or vigorous stalking.

coxie0520 likes this.
  16. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    How can episode 7 be drawing from the EU with this particular story? The plot for episode 7 would have been conceived a long time before this comic was even thought about.

Lurknomore likes this.
  17. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014

[​IMG]

Wow, and Jedi News just rumored that there will be a Mon Cal character in a leading role.

Very interesting, thanks for posting.

Well, the story group would have been well aware of the plot for Ep VII when they green-lit Legacy, so I would rule out coincidence.

And I can't see LFL wanting to send us reassurance that the rumored movie spoilers are correct.

I really hope we haven't been sent on a wild goose chase for the past few months. 8-}

If so, though, JJ is an evil genius. [face_laugh]

18. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

Isn't it more likely that the rumour of Episode VII being kickstarted by a lost lightsabre and a heroic stormtrooper originated from people discussing the comic and has nothing to do with the movie?

Would Lucasfilm and Disney really allow the comic to go ahead if it was so similar a story to their multi million dollar movie?

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Every scoop site: "Our insiders have informed us of the plot of the upcoming Star Wars (comic)!!!"

20. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    last time i checked, every superhero in the movies has a girlfriend.

why are people so afraid of a love story? the girl is 22, of course she'll be interested. It'd be weird if she wasn't. Besides, JJ already confirmed last year that we will see a love story in his new movie.

21. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    If Daisy is the lead, then she is the 'superhero'. I believe this alludes to the point that Seeher was making. SW can easily break the mould if it wants to.

DARTH_MUPPET likes this.
  22. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    this reminds me of when some sites thought that the title for Episode VII was A New Dawn (new book) or when some claim there not sure if scoop/rumor is for Rebels or Episode VII.

23. Seeher

Seeher Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2003
    I wouldn't be able to breath from laughing so hard if most of the plot points we have been getting from 'reliable sources' turn out to be the plot of a comic book. Of course, we would be right back to square one but still ...

Star Wars has broken many molds for big blockbuster movies over the years (like Star Trek had done in TV), This is a great opportunity to get the sledgehammer out again.

24. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014
    I'd ease off the hunt if I were you, 'fore the Good Force smacks you between the eyes with a nauseating sibling revelation. Just you watch. Midi-chlorians itchin' to get in on this. I can feel it in my bones. You better head on inside, Annie! :eek:

25. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    why would you want to? why are people afraid of a love story? I feel they add so much to characters IF HANDLED RIGHT. That would be the key, they have to handle the love story right in order for the audience to care about the relationship. And i trust JJ and Rian Johnson to do just that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.