main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    I'd say the likelihood of this is probably directly related to whether Revan's madness is indeed related to Naga Sadow, personally.

Regardless of that, though, I'm very curious in general whether there are any plans to give TOR a grand finale of some kind at all. That's not usually the case with MMOs, but with the big EU shakeup it might be different here.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
  3. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That Revan Reborn image brings Eison Gynt to mind.

Zorrixor likes this.
  4. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    First BC with the Arakkoa, now SOR with the Rishii.

Always enjoyable to see MMOs having their own Skeksis. :p
    Oh, I dunno, while MMOs didn't bother much with endings 10 years ago, these days they're just as much about the RPG part as the MMO, and WoW's expansions have all had an ending that would work well enough as a finishing point.

If it wasn't for the fact Revan's gone to Yavin, I'd actually have suspected Revan was Vitiate, and that after Vitiate's spirit was displaced from his Voice by the Jedi Knight, that he went and hopped into Revan's beaten form. But then I always had a hope before TOR's launch that we'd get Emperor Revan as an antagonist, and after that god-awful novel, kinda hoped that we'd see Revan possessed. But since he's gone to Yavin, it's obviously much more likely to be Naga Sadow oriented than Vitiate.

As for Vitiate, I was watching the Forgotten Alliances cutscenes this morning (I haven't previously seen those, apart from the recent Revan one), and Lana Beniko's lanes about sensing a disturbance everywhere and nowhere at the end of the Korriban attack was interesting, as even though we now know it meant Revan, why is she feeling him everywhere and nowhere? I'm either assuming she's one of the Emperor's Children, and so has a link to Revan that way, or else that she's Satele's secret sister or something. (Ironically, I feel Beniko looks like the Exile, but... I dunno if they'd give Revan two families or not.)

5. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I wonder what "Temple of Sacrifice" could mean for Revan's fate.

I think that back in June it was reported that Vitiate voice actor was back in the studio reprising his role. I would not be suprised if he will be back soon.

I think it was explained that she sensed a disturbance because she was close to Arkous. But on other hand there were only two others (IIRC) who sensed it - Satele Shan and Emperor's Hand - the first person is related to Revan by blood and the second one represents his archenemy. I think that it is unlikely but I wonder if Lana is somehow tied to Revan by blood - like Revan being Star Wars "Moses" who was born in the Empire but lived in the Republic and thus making Lana a descendant of Revan's ancestors who stayed in the Empire. As I said I think it is very unlikely but it would be quite a family reunion.

Zorrixor likes this.
  6. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Funny you should say that, as I've always wanted Revan to have been born in the Empire. In the many, many lengthy discussions we had once upon a time about KOTOR3, Revan having Sith ancestry just seemed to click with some of Kreia's statements-- and more recently, I liked the TOR Timeline vid about the Sith infiltrator families, so it could definitely be neat if Revan was descended from a Sith family (even if they'd already infiltrated the Republic when he was born).

And, ooooh, Lana being a distant cousin, rather than a secret sibling...? Kinda like Ania and Marasiah? That'd be cool. I definitely want Lana to have something important to her, as I currently prefer Theron for his deeper background, and while I like Lana's character, she's just... there. It's why I'd not be averse to her being the last of the Emperor's Children if they wanted to polarise her and Theron, though she doesn't seem to fit being tied closely to Vitiate-- unless they were setting up the mother* of all plot twists at the end of SOR.

*speaking of which, they still need to explain what went on with Satele's mother, who fled to Sith space, I think?

RafSwi7 and Revanfan1 like this.
  7. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    There are certainly fairly conclusive endings to individual storylines, but as a general rule MMOs as a whole don't seem to end.

That possibility has certainly crossed my mind. The trailer's lines about a threat to the entire galaxy (or something like that), and the indication that the Republic and Empire are actually cooperating as they haven't against any past third party, are kind of suggestive in that direction. I've always felt fairly confident we'll see the Empire turn against Vitiate at some point. But it doesn't really fit with Revan's dialogue, and as you say, it seems very unlikely that they'd use Yavin 4 without doing something with the forces dwelling there.

8. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    The only thing I hope is that they don't somehow end up making Revan working with Naga Sadow the Star Wars equivalent of Mass Effect. :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gorefiend and AusStig like this.
  9. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    HURT ME MORE! MAKE ME FEEL CANON AGAIN!

Revanfan1 likes this.
  10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I wonder if (assuming Naga is possessing Revan) he will ASUME DIRECT CONTROL

The eye looks the same in the concept art.

bird people look nice.

Darth_Garak, Ulicus and Zorrixor like this.
  11. Vthuil

Jan 3, 2013
    Now that I look at that concept art in detail, I'm feeling fairly certain the "Temple of Sacrifice" is not Rakata in origin.

12. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    The architecture actually reminds me a bit of Exar Kun's temple:

[​IMG]

Of course, the Star Forge isn't that dissimilar either... and the Rakata always liked the number 3, and this Temple of Sacrifice looks like it has 3 summits at the top, so I could see it going either way.

Speaking of Exar Kun, he's still trapped in that temple at this point in time, yes? And Naga Sadow is... doing something [alive or dead] on Yavin IV too, if the Eison Gynt vid is anything to go by, so... there's lots of possibilities on Yavin.

13. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I love that pic of the Temple.

Yeah would like to see Exar and his reaction to the war.

"Oh you stormed Coruscant and killed the Chancellor".

"How original"

Zer0, Revanfan1, Zorrixor and 2 others like this.
  14. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Maybe Revan is possessed by Naga Sadow AND Exar Kun and he flits between their personalities, his weird hybrid personality, his Mandalorian Wars era personality and his light side KotOR era personality!?

15. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    If nothing else, being possessed by Sadow all along would explain why he acted like a complete and utter dumb*^&$ in the Revan novel. :p

Edit: And I'm liking the architectural throwbacks and mergers. Another Wookiee hunt brought up:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This new Temple of Sacrifice sorta looks like one of the Massassi Temples has been encased in Exar Kun's obsidian pyramids, which is a neat idea actually, and makes sense that Kun would have built his on the existing structures (unlike the SWG stuff like the above image, which made Kun's temples seem their own thing).

16. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Interesting. We know that the Massassi tested Kun in the "temple of fire", but we've never seen the Temple of Fire since. Maybe the Temple of Fire became the Temple of Sacrifice?

17. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    I've listened to one podcast where it was said that Bruce Maclean shared some spoilers during NY cantina tour (possible huge spoilers to Shadow of Revan):
    - Togruta is the next race they're working on, but not for 3.0
    - New WZ maps and game-mode next year
    - Revan want to bring the Emperor back by using some sort of doomsday device (podcaster do not say why he want do bring the Emperor back or what happens to him)
    - Bloodhunt FP will involve Shae Vizla, where you want to recruit her and to do this you must pass a giant trial and you end fight her (podcaster do not know what happens to her)
    - There will be operation called the Ravager
    - Podcaster didn't remember wheter the finale of the story will be operation or not'; Probably operation and FP/Solo equivalent (not the actual Op)
    SOURCE (spoilers around 53 minute mark)

Revanfan1, Zorrixor and Zer0 like this.
  18. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Your question kinda got skipped over, the abilities are all free.

19. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Interesting.

I guess either Revan wants to summon Vitiate out of hiding to finish him off for good, or else "the Emperor" is a reference to summoning back Naga Sadow's spirit, which would be an easy enough mix-up for rumours (heck, I remember back before TOR's release when even swtor.com itself confused things and called "the Dark Lord" Naga Sadow on one of the pages!). So... various possibilities there.

As for "the Ravager"? I haven't played all the class stories, but wasn't there some device the Sith Emperor used to devour people's souls to prolong his life? (Or was that just in those Dromund Kaas chapters from FOTJ?). If so, I suppose that could be this. (And having just written it, I'm suddenly reminded of that TCW episode with Talzin trying to eat the soul of Jar Jar's girlfriend, which is actually very, very similar to what I previously remember reading about this Ravager thingy.)

What I do like... is that unless it is a mix-up and just means Naga Sadow, then this actually sounds like they could be tying Revan into Vitiate's downfall after all. Which I won't object to, as although TOR could drag the main story with Vitiate out further, I'd like to get an ending before they decide to kill TOR off after the ST or anything like that. It's bad enough the Skywalker era didn't get a proper conclusion, so it'd be nice to at least see the Old Sith Wars get their end.

20. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Ravager is Darth Nihilus' flagship in KOTOR2. However it was destroyed by Canderous Ordo and his clan.

21. Zorrixor

Sep 8, 2004
    Ooooh, there was that too, yeah!

Having now had time to search Wookieepedia, the Ravager I had been thinking of was this device which is apparently something from the Sith Warrior story.

On a separate note, one thought that did cross my mind for the origin of this Temple of Shadow might be Tulak Hord. TOR and BioWare have always liked to trumpet their own ancient Dark Lord the most, and since Hord has now been shown to be a super sorcerer too, it could be that Naga Sadow had chosen Yavin if it had a temple from Hord's day-- which then provides an "ancient power" that isn't directly the Rakata, but predates Vitiate himself, which Sadow wouldn't.

22. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Naga Sadow mentions in Fall of the Sith Empire "the forbidden ways". Perhaps Hord did something that led to restrictions on sorcery?

Zorrixor likes this.
  23. RafSwi7

Oct 3, 2011
    According to podcaster "the Ravager" is some kind of giant space station which players have to invade to obtain some kind of tank or starship and use it to infiltrate Revanites ship. We must remember that Bruce Maclean is not SWTOR writer so he could be wrong (he is senior producer). For example he was not sure whether Malgus is dead or not.

24. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Hmm...I like the idea that Revan's trying to draw Vitiate out so he can destroy him. It would certainly make sense based on what he was trying to do in Revan and the Foundry.

25. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    So basically Revan comes in with an army out of nowhere? Can someone sum it up since I've been away from this game for awhile? Didn't Revan just get rescued by the players and taken off to the Republic or something? Also where'd the army come from, are they just rebels from the Sith Empire?