main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story Star Trek: Medbay mayhem (prompt challenge)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Mar 12, 2014.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

“Yoda you are, healer I am,” Nick had the second blue ball bouncing towards McCoy who caught the thing expertly.

I loved it. This was such a fun reply to the prompt! =D=

2. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    BOahm just was on a reading marathon here. And laughing still hurts a lot, but I did anyway. :D

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    The next one will give more stuff to expand
    Fun and mayhem for the medics

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Christine Chapel had truly loved her fiancé dr Robert Korby. She had madly searched for him enlisting on the Enterprise and hoping to find him. And after finding him on Exo III in the body of an android and with Andrea as his companion she had deeply doubted if she would stay on the Enterprise.

But there was McCoy and Nyota Uhura, both true friends. And now there was the funny and adorable Nick Roberts who was surely interested in her.
    But was she truly, madly and deeply in love with him?

She doubted.

She couldn’t choose.

McCoy was the other guy she loved truly, madly and deeply.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent prompt use - which one is the correlate to Lando versus Han LOL Is McCoy loved through familiarity and as a brother/sib would be, or is there something that could spark? Or is Nick the gentleman one can imagine oneself growing old with, settling down in one spot and having kids and grandlings with? @};- [:D] [:D]

5. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    A very nice use of the prompt - and quite the choice for Chiristine, at that! I agree with Deb's surmising - which one is that true match you can see growing old with, and which one is that great friend you are always going to have? [face_thinking]

=D=

6. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    * still burst with the urge to tell the bird what she got as a belated birthday present

Resist I must...

* almost turns red with the effort of NOT telling

Anyway you "Truly, Madly, Deeply" listen to a lot of music these days... ;)

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Your present has arrived and sure some of it will turn up here[face_rofl]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    That is nice to hear! :D

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Is Nick a gentleman or a naughty kid? find out in the next viggie.
    Nick is a great friend but full of naughty streaks.
    And the new prompt and song inspired me with this

You've got a way.

“You've got a way to tease us all,” Nick Roberts tried to intercept Christine in an attempt to stop her from catching one the last sponges. He missed and dove with outstretched legs through the open door of a changing cubicle.

“She has but you began Grey Horse.”

Feet stopped him and he turned on his knees to hear the hollering of McCoy. Sure the man was right.

“Christine the kindergarten teacher,” Cole grumbled when the last sponge was snatched away before he could grab it.

“She is robbing us of our fun,” Jana sagged down on the floor next to Marc and gave him a kiss on his wet face.

“End of our playtime,” Nick had begun the mayhem this time after the difficult week in the medbay. The two Mirana nurses Jana John and Marc Jullio had sided with him. And as soon as McCoy came through the door of the changing room with Cole and M’Benga the fun had started. Nick had his stash of wetted sponges ready, a full laundry-basket provided by the nurses. The first sponge had landed on Cole. And soon the sponges were flying this and that way until Christine came in and began to collect the sponges in the laundry-basket.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  10. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    The kindergarten teacher indeed! [face_laugh] That was another fun use of the prompt! =D=

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_mischief] Chris must often feel that way. These children [face_rofl]

12. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Thanks for mentioning kindergarten teachers who fight colds and other bacteria & viruses non-stop. Hatschiiiii!

*has a running nose again since a wee one sneezed straight into her face when changing nappies

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    fun and now something...
    They are but she will deal with them
    I hope the sneezing is gone.
    Happy Halloween[face_pumpkin][face_devil]

A shallow grave

Mwaaah haa haa haa

McCoy cringed when he was about to enter the medbay in a hurry. His pager had alerted him that there was something of an emergency waiting for him but this.

AAAuuuwww

That cry had him entering anyway and seeing some white figure before seeing nothing and being lifted by hands, lots of hands. And there were sounds of moving feet, a swishing door, a turbolift activating, another door, grunting ‘he is heavy’, shuffling feet, ‘indulged too much on the soup this afternoon’ and more inarticulate grunts.

‘Those grunts; Cole and Nick for sure,’ McCoy began to laugh. “Cole put me down.”

“Mwaah haa haa haa enter your shallow grave.”

That was a different voice, feminine. McCoy felt hands going and something muddy and slightly wet with his left hand. And the why he was seeing nothing was removed. It was a black bag. And he was staring up in the face of … “Uhura?”

“No I am the helper of baron Samedi. Meet him and your doom.”

‘Definitely Uhura, all that white make-up and red markings and head-dress and black lace gown cannot hide her. But who is baron Samedi.’ Uhura’s face disappeared and was replaced by… McCoy knew and grinned “you pointy eared hobgoblin, who tricked you in joining the medbay mayhem gang?”

“I did. Rise from the shallow grave my dear Dracula and let’s go on a candy-hunt.”

“Christine,” McCoy sat up, discovered that he was in a rectangular box in the hydroponic garden – explaining the wet mud – saw Nick, Cole, M’Benga, Marc and Jana dressed in various kinds of Halloween costumes and reached for the offered hands. And he saw the costume waiting for him. He donned the black gown and cloak and false fangs.

Christine helped to apply some white and red make-up.

McCoy was ready. “Let’s go for some trick and treat.”

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL! Now you've sparked a masquerade bunny sweet and prolific earlybird rather in the line of the ones they held in Reformation England -- [face_mischief] where you had to guess who was behind the mask at midnight. Is it the one you want it to be? [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I have two bunnies now. :cool:

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] That was just fun and sweet in every way. ;) I particularly liked the idea of Spock dolled up as Dracula . . . [face_mischief][face_love]

16. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Because of the wonderfully talented Chyntuck, I think he would make a wonderful Grand Admiral Thrawn myself. Complete with the Chiss-style reserve which only Nyota can get a peek beneath. [face_love]

17. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Oooh, a Halloween prank. I love it! Great use of the prompt. :D

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all for reading

My next thirty years

Nick Roberts saw Tinco Gherian observing the medal in its box and McCoy’s and Christine Chapel’s smiling eyes.

“You deserve it Tinco. Don’t give it back to the captain. Knowing him he will be very grumpy and disappointed and…”

“And making a beeline or not to his equally grumpy country doctor,” Christine laughed.

“Just for staying here for four years?” said Tinco with a startled look on his face.

“Yes. We have lots and lots of changes here. Lionel, Jeran, Ker…”

“I know but they left for personal reasons,” Tinco said with eyes turning sad for a few moments. “More friends left. The Enterprise is full of changes and leading us into dangerous missions. I lost friends in the security department. But I will stay. I really like working for you. I hope I can stay until my retirement or go with you where you go after the Enterprise retires.”

“The Enterprise or another ship,” Christine gave a soft pat on McCoy’s shoulder. “My next thirty years will be spent here with him.”

Nick shook his head and continued on his way to the ward. He sure didn’t want to stay for another thirty years. A few years more and after that settling in a nice university hospital on earth was more to his liking.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb use of the prompt - talking about future plans and who will be included in them or not. People moving in and on and who will remain together, no matter where they wind up. :D

SQUEE! It sounds like Nick has become like Haldir in the face of Celebrian's friendship. :)

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    I really liked the tone and feel of this one, with friends coming and going, but some bonds staying no matter what. Excellently expressed. [face_love]=D=

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thanks all and here is the next one

Game, Set, Match

Nick Roberts was roaring with laughter. He knew who had made the difference.
    That expression on Spock’s face after the captain had asked him for a go at the 3-D chess game for a revenge of yesterday’s game.
    Sure Spock had beaten the captain and had obviously – Nick hadn’t been very well versed in the tales of the rivalry between Spock and Kirk at 3-D chess – been telling his ashal-veh Uhura all about the game, set and match that had him again winning.

But now. The snug expression on Kirk’s face was telling a different story. Some intricate moves and Spock had expressed his defeat – very loudly – with ‘only an illogical move like that, unexpected and unheard of in the history of 3-D chess can beat me’ and had toppled his king.

“I told him this and that,” McCoy whispered.

“And now,” Nick turned.

“Back to our game, set, match,” McCoy strode away with big steps. “We have an emergency Mr. Roberts.”

Nick followed with a mischievous smile on his face, anticipating that wat came after the emergency. Medbay mayhem was his game, set, match.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_mischief] Reminds me of how it would be with the Rogues over a set of sabacc. You cheated, no I'm just better! [face_laugh] =D=

23. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Ha haa! That was a great reply to the prompt! [face_laugh]=D=

And, it is great to see you back! I hope that you had a most excellent trip! [:D]

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    The trip to New Zealand was super. I did see a lot of middle earth and walked in the land of the Hobbit, saw Mount Doom and flew in a helicopter over Mount Cook

More fun with the next prompt

Starts with an 'I', and ends with a 'you'

“I have recovered sufficiently to get out of your care.”

“No you have not.”

“Doctor it is illogical to keep me…”

“They are at it again,” Christine – laughter in her voice – halted near the recovery room with Nick Roberts. “Let’s see if we can persuade the green mayhem to stay here.”

“Difficult it will be,” Nick laughed. “Green mayhem much learned from his ashal-veh he did.”

“You are Yoda,” Christine winked mischievous. “He is not. Bonded he is and idea you have given me.”

“Idea Mrs Yoda?”

“Get Nyota here.”

“I will.” Nick left the medbay only to bump into the lovely lieutenant Uhura. “Oops.”

“Oops doctor Roberts?” Nyota gave him a concerned look.

“I was on my way to get you,” Nick whispered. “Spock is arguing with McCoy about leaving our tender and loving care.”

“I can give him that and persuade him to stay,” Nyota swept past Nick and walked into the medbay and towards the recovery room.

Nick followed, halted near Christine and McCoy and heard the last of the conversation between the two ending with “I will stay here but only with you.”

Nyota's Heart and AzureAngel2 like this.
  25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    “Spock is arguing with McCoy about leaving our tender and loving care.”

I would like to be a by-stander/ spectator of THAT argument.