main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Ny's Nummy Sweets! (S/U & More) Post on Dec 17.

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Feb 3, 2014.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    earlybird Thanks. Any place, anytime for these two is perfect. [face_love]

Mira Thanks. I was going for "deep and rich" in the introspection aspect and I love Jim's flirty banter with Nyota. I love thinking of them as "buddies." LOL
    As for the last section, [face_dancing] I adored writing every word.

Amidala Thanks for stopping in. @};- "Lyrical and warm" [face_blush] -- That is splendid to hear. :) I have great role models in that department so I'm happy it's rubbing off ;)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    "But you are crucial to me. Never doubt that with every breath, until my last, you will be my most defining reality."

That almost made me tear up a little. That line is amazing.

"I need this little bit of liquid source of relaxation."

This is the story of every single day of my life.

But, frankly, Uhura, your legs are - better

I adore Jim. Always the flirt, even recovering from death.

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, that line is amazing, only surpassed by how true it is. [face_love] Jim is indeed something else, in his own category. Trek's answer to Luke+any Correllian [face_laugh] Or, as portrayed by laloga, the stunningly endearing Captain Rex. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 and NYCitygurl like this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    When Len asks Chris about her feelings for Nick, she perceives this as an avuncular concern. On his part, he is not sure what the true motive is. He feels an admiration for her and also wants her to be happy. He trusts her and feels she is the most compassionate persons he has ever known, much less worked with. If the thought of pursuing a romance were to snag him, it would be with someone very like Chris. When Chris says she feels like things could go far with Nick, Len feels a wistful pang of "Did I let the right one get away?" But that is overshadowed by his gladness for her, so he knows he wasn't carrying too big a torch.

"I think Nick could care for me too." Chris confides. "Unless I'm totally misreading."

Len grins. "I doubt it."

When Chris tells this to Yolette and Nyota, they give her hugs and well wishes.

"I think he sparked to you at first sight." Nyota observed.

Chris laughed, remembering Nick's charm from the get-go. "I do believe you're right."

+++++

earlybird-obi-wan Mira_Jade@NYCitygurl

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Haha oh that confusing time right before you get in a relationship! 8-}

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Aww. [face_love] I loved McCoy's reflection at the start - he is a great friend, and his insights were spot on, both for himself and for Christine. And then - with the ladies after! At first sight indeed. :p [face_love]

Thanks for the fun and sweet update. [face_love][:D]

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks. :D

Note: This was an entry in the "Edited Challenge". It was so nummy I decided to post it here too. :)

~~~~~~~!!

McCoy frowned and tossed a used synthbandage into a waste receptacle.
    He turned to Christine and said curtly: “That went well.”

She grinned, knowing his brusqueness held a healthy dose of relief. “Ensign Matthews pulled through thanks to your resourcefulness. Guess we can call you the miracle worker too.”

“Hmmmph!” He responded but his eyes twinkled. Christine hid a smirk of amusement. He was totally Yoda-esque when he retorted in such a fashion.

He went to the terminal to log a progress report on Ensign Matthews who had had a mishap in the grav-gym, where workouts involved minute changes in gravity to build endurance and for the cardiovascular effect. He tried to input data, but the keyboard and screen were frozen.

“Getting the blue screen of death?” Christine asked. “Let me see if I can access the file.” She tapped away without any more success than he’d had.

McCoy found that the wall-comm was also malfunctioning. But the handheld ones worked fine. He contacted the technical department and they said they would have a resolution promptly.

“Might as well finish my lunch.” He said, reaching for his meatball sub with extra marinara sauce.

Chris picked up her own smoked gouda with chicken sub and took a savoring bite.
    “I used to eat a whole foot-long of these growing up. I was so hyper that it never stuck to me. Never gained a pound. Once I entered the nursing academy though, I only had to look at a carb-rich entrée or a snack with the requisite amount of chocolate and the scale would go up by at least a couple pounds. Thankfully, I’ve now reached a happy medium between the two extremes.”

Nyota was frustrated. The communications problem was wreaking havoc with interdepartmental comm traffic and interchanges. They were setting up a diplomatic briefing with the Tholians and thankfully ship-to-ground traffic was unimpeded.

She and Mr. Watkins were working closely together with the technical department to make sure the ‘tweaks’ and ‘fixes’ held.

“Troubleshooting is always like working on a puzzle.” He commented to her, obviously wanting to strike up a conversation.

Nyota grimaced. “I never liked puzzles. My brother-in-law is better than I or my sister at them. Scrabble and trivia games – now that’s different!” She chuckled. “My nieces and nephews are split down the middle on whom they take after in the games-acumen arena.”

“Really?” Watkins asked. “Do you like chess?”

Nyota’s tummy filled with butterflies. “Yes.” She said with a dreamy smile. “I learned from one of the best.” Her tone was soft and caressing with reminiscing. Spock had been her tutor in that as in many other things.

Watkins said: “Wanna join me for a quick game this evening in the rec lounge?”

Nyota gave him a scowling look. He had flirted with her shamelessly early in their tour. She had set him straight on her lack of availability and interest. Or so she’d thought …

He said hurriedly, noticing her glare: “No hidden agendas, I promise, Lieutenant.”

Nyota sighed. She didn’t want to be needlessly suspicious but she also didn’t want to give encouragement even inadvertently.

“Very well.” She agreed – resolving inwardly that at the very first inkling of something less than platonic, she would give him the Correllian version of a tell-like-it-is.

Then her attention was taken as the tech team notified they had isolated and fixed the problem.

Jim and Spock watched the chess game between Nyota and Watkins with an avid curiosity. Nyota held her own brilliantly and actually pulled out a very sound strategic win in a laudable number of moves.

Jim gave her a lopsided grin and said: “Watkins and I seem to be on about the same level of ability. I’ll take pity on him and play a round.”

Watkins gave a self-conscious and half-embarrassed nod of assent and Nyota rose and joined Spock to watch the next round.

“Hey.” She said. “I did better than I hoped or expected.”

He gave her a sidelong glance. “You are a very proficient player.” He said evenly.

She shot him a puzzled glance. “What’d you want me to do, refuse outright?” Their bond was not giving away a thing, one way or another.
    They exited the lounge and still he had not responded.

She frowned. “Well?” She pressed.

It was only when the doors to their private quarters slid shut behind them that he assayed: “I trust you implicitly, Nyota. It is Mr. Watkins I am less than sanguine over.”

Nyota settled on the sofa and grinned. “I was more than half-tempted to decline, to be honest.”

“The implications of such interactions often escapes me.” He admitted moving to her side and sliding an arm around her. “You are the one who sets the pace in many respects. I am pleased to follow your lead in what needs doing or communicating in our relationship.”

“Darling.” She breathed. “We learn from one another. I wear my heart on my sleeve more often than not.” Then with a kiss and a wink, she quoted, “I am humbled and grateful to assist your heart in speaking.”

+++++++++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  8. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, this one had a few nice layers to it. :) =D=

Yes, it is a fine line with spending time with the opposite sex in a platonic and a not-so-platonic matter - although something tells me that she wouldn't have felt that uncomfortable if it was someone like Kirk or McCoy who invited her to play, someone she could trust. And that discomfort was all the more palpable when it was something that she clearly equated with her and Spock. (Loved that, by the way. [face_love]) Poor Watkins really is barking up the wrong tree if he had anything more in mind, that's for sure. :p I like how Kirk smoothly stepped in and took the pressure off of the situation with playing Watkins next. You gotta love that man. [face_love]

And then:

“The implications of such interactions often escapes me.” He admitted moving to her side and sliding an arm around her. “You are the one who sets the pace in many respects. I am pleased to follow your lead in what needs doing or communicating in our relationship.

I just melted there. Utterly and completely. [face_love] I love that he was uncomfortable, but didn't want to say anything that would be 'overbearing'. His trust to follow her lead in relationship matters was just beautiful. And her reply!! That poem has ever had their name all over them, just saying. ;) [face_love]

=D=[:D]

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Pardon me while I have a laloga moment -- =P~ =P~ ^:)^ Her Rex has the same level of getting acclimated to relationships and being vulnerable in such a gosh-darn lovable way. [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 and Mira_Jade like this.
  10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I second Mira. Good of him to step back and let Nyota handle the situation!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    two very nice entries with Chris, Len and Nick and the tech trouble solved

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Note: Aftermath is being used this time in its LOL more usual sense. The mush is more subtle than I immediately expected, but hopefully just as yummy.

~~~~~!!!

Yolette was nervous and on pins and needles. The Tralosians were very insular and had just agreed to talks regarding the distribution a new bit of virtual technology, strictly for entertainment and communications purposes.

There were gaming modules in the software package, which had Sulu itching to test them so he had gone on the away team.

A militant faction had sabotaged the talks or was in the process of the attempt, which amounted to the same thing.

Yolette monitored the Transporter, ready to yank the away team at the first go-ahead signal, while Nyota monitored the comm channels.

Nyota also had a vested interest in the outcome, since the XO and Dr. Roberts were part of the away team. The latter in case of inadvertent injuries.

"Weapons fire has just been exchanged within the conference building." Reported Mr. Johnson from the Security console. "Looks like our side won out, though." He added, noting the telltales from native handheld weapons which had a more scattered beam-focus.

Nyota breathed a sigh of relief especially when Dr. Roberts notified that there were no injuries incurred.

The away team returned and reported success, with the arrest of the insurgents.

"Did you have fun with the gaming module?" Yolette asked Hikaru teasingly.

"I uploaded it to my personal 'padd." He grinned.

She laughed. "You're such an adolescent sometimes."

He winked.
    "Part of my appeal, don't you think?"

"Occasionally." She riposted.

In reading the mission summary log, Nyota noted that the final outcome had been a balance between a logical argument - a succinct form of persuasion - with ensuring and negotiating for the safety of all involved.
    Nyota was impressed by the aspects of each and how compellingly they had been rendered.

"Such clarity and on-point incisiveness, Spock love." She commented. "The mission objective and the away team's well-being ... each safeguarded in an efficient manner."

"In the aftermath of such near-misses, as you might call them, I often find myself wondering if I've perhaps erred too far on either end of that continuum." Spock admitted.

Nyota sighed thoughtfully.
    "That is probably an invariable consequence for anyone in a leadership role. My Poppa always says if a desired outcome happens once or twice, you can call it luck. Any more than three times, it's sheer skill." Her eyes were loving as she reached to enfold him in a tight hug.
    Her tone became a passionate purr: "Believe me, darling, you're bursting with skill. In more than one arena."

His eyes held hers with laughter.
    "Ashal-veh, I believe you are referring to something else entirely from the current topic, from work tasts, even."

"You got me, pookie bear!" Nyota answered laughing.

Later, Spock gazed at Nyota with boundless gratitude for her warmth and support. She was unfailingly so.
    It was now in the soft ambience of third-shift; he and she held one another in a soft and sated mood.
    She bestowed half-drowsy kisses and he caressed her lightly, tenderly.
    Until the somnolence quite vanished ... once more.

+++++++

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Perfect for Nyota and her pookie bear. And loved to see the mission going well with no injuries

14. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Oooh, this was an excellent reply to the prompt - I will admit, I was looking forward to some sort of post-mission 'aftermath' from you, but you took a direction with this that I have never thought of before. Spock's self-examination was very spot-on and character-accurate, and then:

"That is probably an invariable consequence for anyone in a leadership role. My Poppa always says if a desired outcome happens once or twice, you can call it luck. Any more than three times, it's sheer skill." Her eyes were loving as she reached to enfold him in a tight hug.

That is the best way to put it. =D= [face_love]

Then, your mush is just the best. ;) [face_love] Yolette and Sulu were a treat, as well! You did a great job thinking up and presenting their mission to us, and their banter was too much fun. =D=

As always, thanks for sharing! [face_hugs[

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    "Did you have fun with the gaming module?" Yolette asked Hikaru teasingly.

"I uploaded it to my personal 'padd."

[face_laugh] I love Sulu :D

16. serendipityaey

serendipityaey Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2004

Aww that is so lovely. I love the way you write his dialogue! So good :D ^:)^ Their slow sweet kisses are so wonderful to read, as is there understanding of each other and the willingness to listen and love. Great job! thanks for sharing!! <3

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ashley said:

"Aww that is so lovely. I love the way you write his dialogue! So good Their slow sweet kisses are so wonderful to read, as is there understanding of each other and the willingness to listen and love."

SQUGGLES! over such a nummy and insightful review! [:D] [face_love]

The openness and caring and passion between these two -- you don't realize how gorgeous and stunningly right it is until some genius tweaks the timeline. [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Then you wonder how it could ever have been otherwise. Although I always 'shipped this pairing way back before a reboot was contemplated [face_rofl] ^:)^

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    ~~!

Note: "You've got a Way" is the prompt. [face_sigh]

Spock watches me as I engage in light banter with Jim.

"Time to come clean. You can't stand not to be in the thick of the action." I remark.

"How can I?" He winks at me. "But I also hate asking anyone else to go into potential harm if I'm not willing to ... although ostensibly if I were lost, it would constitute a greater loss according to some lights."

"In more ways than one." I answer with admiration.

He laughs and gives my shoulder a brotherly squeeze and moves to join the 3D scrabble match.

My love's sense is reflectingly thoughtful against mine.

/The two of you have quite the rapport./ He comments across our bond, while still managing to best Dr. Roberts in chess.

I strum the lyre and grin to myself as I start playing the notes of a lovely song, a romantic one, just for the two of us.

/We have an even better one, darling!/ I send across with adoration and an inviting caress. /After this song, let's slip on out of here./

His eyes meet mine in a fervid agreement.

Later, I muse on how his expert touch can set my entire body and soul aflame with myriad sensations and echoes of delight. So revering is his caress, so achingly tender his gentle kiss ...
    He has a way of reaching into the heart of me with a glance, a word, even that rich melodic tone of his voice as he assesses a mission parameter as "acutely fascinating." Much less when he speaks my name - softly, amorously ...

I purr and sigh in repletion and murmur lowly:
    "That song I sung earlier was my sister's first dance at her wedding reception. It has a special place ... when I first heard it, I thought how well it suited Dajan and Kashore and yet never thought how exquisitely it would fit me as well, someday."

He cups my cheek tenderly and kisses the tip of my nose.
    "It is an unabashedly sentimental song, Nyota. At the same time, unfailingly on-point."

I laugh and nestle nearer.

+++++

=P~

Nummy in my happy happy tummy.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  19. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Is this prompt from the Shania Twain song? If it is, I love that song!

Later, I muse on how his expert touch can set my entire body and soul aflame with myriad sensations and echoes of delight. So revering is his caress, so achingly tender his gentle kiss ...
    He has a way of reaching into the heart of me with a glance, a word, even that rich melodic tone of his voice as he assesses a mission parameter as "acutely fascinating." Much less when he speaks my name - softly, amorously ...

What a beautiful description of their bond, and all-round gorgeous use of the prompt. [face_love]

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yes, you know it's from that gorgeous song ^:)^ every sweet, appropriate line. [face_dancing]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    She has got a way with all men. Love how you used the prompt to describe the deep bond of love.

22. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    This was yet another excellent use of the prompt. I really have nothing to say but for lovely. [face_love]

Later, I muse on how his expert touch can set my entire body and soul aflame with myriad sensations and echoes of delight. So revering is his caress, so achingly tender his gentle kiss ... He has a way of reaching into the heart of me with a glance, a word, even that rich melodic tone of his voice as he assesses a mission parameter as "acutely fascinating." Much less when he speaks my name - softly, amorously ...

There can be no better words than that! [face_love]=D=

23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Mira! [face_dancing] I was melting as I wrote that passage you quoted LOL - how aptly it describes what they share. ^:)^ [:D]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  24. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Your stories always have a great "yummy!" factor.

[face_love]

I am sorry that I am seldom on-line today, but RL is very demanding and therefore I seldom have time to sit down in front of the computer.

[:D]

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Hi & thanks AzureAngel2 - :* Erna and I would miss you if you ever stayed away, temporarily or permanently. :eek: Your warm reviews and stellar talent [face_batting]

AzureAngel2 likes this.