main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Classics Forgotten characters who deserve to return

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Kez-Iban, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Kez-Iban

Kez-Iban Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Most of the characters who were created specifically for the classic shows have never been used again, but I am guessing that there are other people like myself who would like to see some of them turn up again. I think it would be fun to see a Holiday Special or Droids character make a cameo appearance in Rebels, even if it's just as a background character. If the Kenner Walrusman could make a cameo in The Clone Wars, then it's not impossible. I don't really care who it would be, but LFL has a barely used treasure trove of character designs from these old shows, and I would love to see some of them used again! As for characters from the Ewoks movies and cartoon series, it would be tougher to have some of them used, just because most of them never leave Endor. The marauders from one of the Ewoks movies are good characters though, and characters like Admiral Kazz and Doctor Raygar from the cartoon definitely could be used. From the original Clone Wars series I would like to see the Ithorian, Talz and wolf man Jedi again.

whostheBossk and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Yes!

There are any number of forgotten characters who by all rights deserve to be heard from again. I'll just re-post this passage between Force Smuggler and I from the other day, as, though it is by no means exhaustive, it does offer examples of just some of the characters I'd like to see:

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  3. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I would love to see characters from Droids make an appearance in Rebels, especially Thall or Kea... Would be very cool to have them cameo in an episode.

4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd love to see Thall and his group of punker Rebels.

Kez-Iban and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  5. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I'd look Oola Jabba's slave dancer who bravely defied her master before her untimely death to somehow make an appearance. Her life is a sad story once you look into it more even though most of I can assume is non-cannon but still I felt bad for her and felt sad she didn't get a happy ending and become a free slave. I met her actress Femi Taylor before at a convention and she was very nice and a cool person and when someone asked would she come back she said maybe not but didn't rule it out entirely and even now she still looks great for her age but if not maybe a voice role in Rebels actually have her speak. I don't know that's just me.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    I hope they show up in Rebels. Sabine would like their style! Kanan would probably have a lot of interest in Thall's lightsaber too.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    So...errr...ummm...

..yeah. :)

8. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'm all for this. Many work very hard to develop new characters...especially for Star Wars roles. And to have them put on the shelf is sad. Although with these new shows/movies now to be released, a cameo or main role with a character from the past will leave us veteran Star Wars lovers in a good mood. For instance, about a year and a half ago, I like many rewrote the Phantom Menace (See Phantom Menace Rewrites pg. 5 in TPM Thread) and I thought they really could have included Mandalorians in Ep. I. Also I really liked Alta Prime and his swoop bike gang, who would have made a nice alternative to droids for the Seperatist all the time. Or now even in Rebels, they could include them or in the next episodes of the ST or standalone. Any characters from the EU put into canon would help ease the tension between Disney and the die hard EU fans. I think they know this by including many like Lucas did and I see Disney, hopefully, continuing the trend.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    The giant rabbit guy whose name escapes me.

His species entered g-canon, (as it was known then) in the droid arc of TCW. The skeletal remains of a dead spacer inside the wrecked ship they found was confirmed as being that species.

10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    Jaxxon?

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  11. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 21, 2014

That is indeed his name.

That is funny that you bring up Jaxxon today, as Marvel announced another new variant cover for Star Wars #1, featuring Jaxxon. Here is a story about it.

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I liked Jaxxon. It would be cool to see him or one of his kind pop up at some point.

Darth Valkyrus and Ewok Poet like this.
  13. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea Jaxxon:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    OMG, this looks good. And since I love Jazz Jackrabbit, can't wait to get this, because Jaxxon inspired both Jazz and another great hero, Bucky O'Hare. :) Thank you.

Green rabbit-like things are awesome in general!

15. JediFan215

JediFan215 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 31, 2014
    I always wanted Voolvif Monn, from the micro-series to show up in the canon TCW but oh well

rumsmuggler likes this.
  16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I'd love to see the Phase IIIs though. They were pretty much SW Space Marines, which is beyond awesome.

rumsmuggler likes this.
  18. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
  19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Read the link, they appear in Star Wars:Commander.

Doop and whostheBossk like this.
  20. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    Gotcha. Did anyone confirm if that game is canon?

21. Kez-Iban

Sep 4, 2012
    I don't seem to recall Darktroopers being in the classic TV shows. As far as I knew, they were more recent EU. Anyway, I would like to see Thall Joben again and find out what the story is of who the original owner of his lightsaber was.

22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  23. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Kez-Iban: There's a great character from the old Star Wars Droids cartoon that appears in the Tarkin book, making him canon now, so there's definitely hope for others!

whostheBossk likes this.
  24. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Who is that?

25. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I think it might be Screed.

Vorax likes this.