main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends Chyntuck's ramblings | "Fermu Soldatu Tin" (OTP Fairy Tale Challenge) | Replies 03 Dec 2017

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Chyntuck, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    The stories originally posted in this thread are currently being reposted in standalone threads or together with other fics with which they form a series.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

1. Feline Trouble (written for the 2014 Mod's Dare Challenge, moved to The Whispurr Omnibus thread)
    2. A Tree-Dweller in Imperial City (OC Revolution 2014 Fall Challenge, moved to the moved to La Bohème thread)
    3. An Appointment from Beyond (2014 Holiday Fic-Gift Exchange, written for Viridian-Maiden, moved to a standalone thread)
    4. Unexpected Parenthood (OC Revolution 2014 Winter Challenge, moved to The Family Holos thread)
    5. The Hairdo (Mods' 2015 April Fools' Challenge, moved to the moved to La Bohème thread)
    6. Interference (FF Olympics 2015 Dare Challenge)
    7. Champion (OC Revolution Spring 2016 Challenge, moved to The Detective Eliskandro Stories thread)
    8. Life Is a Tapcafé (Black Sheep Squadron RPF tie-in, moved to The Life and Times of the Dancing Gamorrean thread)
    9. Fermu Soldatu Tin (OTP Fairy Tale Challenge)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feline Trouble

This story has been moved to The Whispurr Omnibus thread.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2023
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_rofl] =D= Fantastically humorous piece and dare entry. [face_mischief]

AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  3. SatineNaberrie

SatineNaberrie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2014
    Nicely done. I was laughing many times.

4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    This was absolutely hilarious! I too laughed aloud multiple times. The juxtaposition of the feline shenanigans with the Imperial seriousness was just absolutely priceless. Great job! :cool:

So many funny moments, but here's one of my faves: "Get that cat now or go to the brig." "I'll take the brig, sir. Should I report there straight away?" [face_rofl]

5. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    WHAT. IS. THIS. BRILLIANCE?

[face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]

I...I don't...I can't...I just can't even. Oh, man. [face_rofl]

6. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks everyone! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

SatineNaberrie, I have to tell you that I had a great time writing this. When I saw your dare in my inbox, my first thought was, "Oh, this is so totally for me!" :)

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  7. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Lurv! This is wonderful! I'd take the brig too over going after a cat in Vader's personal chambers. :D

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  8. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [​IMG]

...Because you know I couldn't resist. [face_laugh]

AngelQueen, Gemma, Kahara and 5 others like this.
  9. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Is it possible to like a post more than once? [face_rofl]

Thanks ThreadSketch! *hiccups*

Gemma and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] Very funny!

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Bah ha ha.... that was hilarious!

Loved this mental image!

Great job! =D=

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Chyntuck like this.
  12. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    A Tree-Dweller in Imperial City has been moved to La Bohème to be with its sibling stories about Ayesha's time in the Academy of Fine Arts.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    Ewok Poet, Gemma, AzureAngel2 and 4 others like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Chyntuck - love the glimpse into Ayesha's early days of learning. How innately brilliant and gifted she already was, her new friends, and how she impressed the professor, which I can tell is not an easy thing to do. :cool: Ayesha's strength of character is a wonderful thing, in the face of preconceived notions and silly stereotypes from others, classmates and so-called art fans alike. :p

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Love this glimpse into Ayesha Eskari's school days, packed (of course) with the signature Chyntuck cultural and artistic details—you've really got a talent for that. :cool: Interesting to meet her schoolmates, from amiable Tashi to hoity-toity Marika, and to see her win the respect of the grizzled but likable Master Koch. Even those who pooh-pooh Ayesha's outside-the-box way of thinking and learning and her outworld looks (that Wookiee comment—if only they knew!), can't help but be provoked to some thought by them. I like how her inner strength shows through even despite the snarky comments of the Coreworld set, and I find her alternation between moments of confidence and trepidation very believable for this situation.

And you know, what with all the very interesting and tantalizing background and details you've given us on Namajib Eskari's poetry between this and Anánke, you realize you're going to have to give us a sample sometime... ;) :D

Ewok Poet, Gemma, AzureAngel2 and 3 others like this.
  15. Viridian-Maiden

Viridian-Maiden Jedi Master star 1

Aug 14, 2013
    Chyntuck, loved this! My OCs a Core Worlder so I had to chuckle at the comment about "Core World brats" but I loved the way you described the difference. I loved the background about Namajib and his literary contributions. Languages and culture are clearly passions of mine - so your attention to detail on these topics is very much after my own heart!

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck, Kahara and 2 others like this.
  16. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    I enjoyed the teacher's point of view here and how she responds to the various students. She's an interesting one, both arrogant and compassionate at the same time. Things like the word choice of "backrocket" for Ayesha's clothing were so carefully chosen that I could really imagine her narration. And I loved her a bit for terrorizing the bullies who thought they could run the class, even as the setting made it seem really unwise.

Now I want to know what they did for the rest of their college years! The way that this group of classmates drew together through the events of the class was fun to watch and I liked that they all had different personal traits -- with Ayesha being new in town and frighteningly bright, Tashi trying to fade into the wallpaper but so enthusiastic once there's an actual discussion, and Lamtee deciding to be counted among the more outspoken students with the unpopular opinions. The way these three seem both eager and a little cautious in befriending kindred spirits is really endearing. It's sad and plausible that the students with a real passion for art are the ones everyone mocks. The class discussions are a great depiction of this bleak monotone world Coruscant -- sorry, Imperial Center :p -- is so desperately trying to become. Lucky for them that Master Koch isn't willing to back down or accept one bit more nonsense than the law requires (unfortunately, the law probably requires a lot of nonsense.)

Gemma, AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and 2 others like this.
  17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thank you all for reading, liking and reviewing :)
    Nazmat Koch is one of my favourite characters to write. I have her become more whimsical and eccentric with old age, so it's really good fun :D

How I wish I had that sort of talent... but unfortunately I don't :( The best I could do is to give examples of poetry I drew inspiration from when writing about Namajib Eskari. In this case what I had in mind was Neruda's Canto General as it was set to music by Theodorakis -- the marriage of my favourite poet with one of my favourite musicians. It always makes me cry.

I was reading your fic last night. Katya may be a Core Worlder but she's definitely not a brat :p

"Trying to fade into the wallpaper" is a great expression. We need to find a SW equivalent to it!
    Oh, and if you issue more OC challenges, you'll give me a reason to write more about this little group until they reappear as adults in my main fic ;)

18. Mando-Man

Mando-Man Jedi Master star 2

Dec 1, 2008
    Sorry for reviewing so late. I loved the description of the poetry and think you should give us readers a sample of it some time. The teacher was a well done character. Very nice entry.

Ah now I know why a particular character we discussed some time ago is going to appear in your story, I'm going to have to start reading it before I change Internet providers and lose access to the 'net for a little while.

AzureAngel2, Kahara and Chyntuck like this.
  19. Rau_Fang

Rau_Fang Jedi Master star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    The amount of insight into art and culture in the gffa is mesmerizing! I loved every bit of it. Ayesha explained Duros influence on Alderaan culture (or the House Organa statue on Imperial Center, rather) as naturally and fluently as I remember my film professors explaining German expressionism's toll on American film-noir. Srsly - this was great work and really fun to read because it fills out the gffa in a very careful and artful way. I'm going to have to start going back through your earlier stuff to get more!

Not to mention your erudite art scholars never feel upstaged by the wonderful interweaving of gffa art and culture. Maybe because while they're talking about art, they're surrounded by fascist and philistine forces. It really grounds these characters for me. Looking forward to reading more!

AzureAngel2, Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  20. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    The fact that this is set in the SW universe took a really distant backseat to the awesomeness of this ficlet. I'm so narrow-minded when it comes to my personal preferences for SW fandom that it takes a LOT to get me interested in OC fics, but this did it, boy howdy.

[​IMG]

21. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thanks for the reviews and sorry for the delay in replying! DRL just laid a siege.
    ;) He isn't going to appear for quite a while yet though, so you have plenty of time.

Thank you! Welcome to Ayesha's world, I hope you'll like the rest too [:D]

PS: "fascist and philistine forces" is another good expression that needs a GFFA equivalent!

Thread, your comments fall in the "not safe for work" category. I just blushed a shade darker than Ayesha and my colleagues are wondering what inappropriate stuff I'm reading online [face_blush]

Gemma, AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  22. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    [face_rofl][face_rofl][face_rofl]:p

AzureAngel2 and Kahara like this.
  23. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Chyntuck: 'feline trouble' is nicely done. I enjoyed the Piett pov and how seamlessly you integrated the silliness into the serious. Poor maintenance droids.

24. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Can't believe I didn't comment on this! I really did like it. Professor Koch controls the room like an old pro. And I love thinking about all the chaos that those three artists will cause once they get started ripping down the strict, dull establishment!

Great work!

25. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Thank you :) Nobody ever thinks of the poor maintenance droids. Imagine Vader's reaction if one exploded all over him [face_laugh]
    Thanks! That was an old pro comment ;) As for challenging the establishment, there will be some of that in my other fic, but I'm also counting on the OC Revolution thread to motivate me to better flesh out their Academy years *hint*hint*

AzureAngel2 likes this.